McDermott New HC per JLaCan - new jw tweets re: Whaley & TT

Reed83HOF

So is this a Whaley pick. Or the owners ignoring their GM again?

I could have it wrong, but here's how I understand it:

People present at HC interviews are Terry, Kim, Whaley, and Monos

Pegulas were highly impressed by the McDermott interview

Whaley wanted to look a bit more, and had his sights on Keith Butler from PIT

Monos sold Whaley on McDermott

All 4 picked McDermott up in NJ from his interview with SF today, and they spent 9+ hours negotiating

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, I don't see a dynamic presence that will change the atmosphere and culture in the organization or a guy will tremendous football acumen. Those are the traits to me make a potential great HC especially for a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs since 1999. From the outside looking in, this feels like Dick Jauron 3.0, hopefully I'm dead wrong on that, but that's my opinion.

How can you say something like that? What do you base that comment on?

All 4 picked McDermott up in NJ from his interview with SF today, and they spent 9+ hours negotiating

Ok then get it done. Monos is very respected in this league and will get GM interviews soon

We've seen it outlined different ways and the JW conflict story line has fit up yet....I'm not sure the behind the scenes based on early reports honestly

How can you say something like that? What do you base that comment on?

I'm just saying based off what we know about his defense style, we all saw Rex is biggest problem was that he could not adapt to the personnel here in Buffalo. Sounds like he was able to do that in Carolina, but he's going to the Head Coach now, that's a totally and more overarching, demanding position where he won't be focus specifically on the defense. All I'm saying he's just the "hot defensive coordinator" and we have seen how that has played out not just in Buffalo in recent years.

We've seen it outlined different ways and the JW conflict story line has fit up yet....I'm not sure the behind the scenes based on early reports honestly

Well, what was said is that Monos was the one to sell the holdout on McDermott. Who the party holding out was doesn't much matter, I just took a stab based on other reports :)