McDermott New HC per JLaCan - new jw tweets re: Whaley & TT

Reed83HOF

I'm going to assume the hire was influenced by the head coach agreeing with parting ways with Tyrod.

I think that's safe to assume that he would want control of that part of the roster considering the dumpster fire they made for themselves.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just saying based off what we know about his defense style, we all saw Rex is biggest problem was that he could not adapt to the personnel here in Buffalo. Sounds like he was able to do that in Carolina, but he's going to the Head Coach now, that's a totally and more overarching, demanding position where he won't be focus specifically on the defense. All I'm saying he's just the "hot defensive coordinator" and we have seen how that has played out not just in Buffalo in recent years.

I'm not sure he's considered the hot defensive coordinator now, maybe last season when the Panthers made the Super Bowl. He's a seasoned coordinator with a fairly lengthy resume. I'm not sure what type of hire you are looking for. Nobody knows whether someone will succeed or not. He's earned his chance.

I'm perfectly fine with McDermott and McCoy. But there won't be any Tyrod trade.

Nobody else will want to pick up his contract. That forces the Bills to either keep him (unlikely) or cut him. When he's cut, anyone can pick him up on a new deal on their own terms without giving anything up. He'll end up with a two-year contract somewhere for less than what Osweiler get.

Edited by Ennjay

I'm not sure he's considered the hot defensive coordinator now, maybe last season when the Panthers made the Super Bowl. He's a seasoned coordinator with a fairly lengthy resume. I'm not sure what type of hire you are looking for. Nobody knows whether someone will succeed or not. He's earned his chance.

I'm not saying he hasn't, I just wished the Pegulas don't fall head over heels over the 1st person they are impressed by. I wished Dave Toub, KC's ST coordinator got an interview because that would've been an outside of the box candidate. I just wanted them to really go in a total different direction after Rex, I guess I'm really not a fan of hiring another defensive guy. I would rather kept Lynn or even thrown the money tank at Saban just to show Bills are serious about being a great franchise idk.

I'm not saying he hasn't, I just wished the Pegulas don't fall head over heels over the 1st person they are impressed by. I wished Dave Toub, KC's ST coordinator got an interview because that would've been an outside of the box candidate. I just wanted them to really go in a total different direction after Rex, I guess I'm really not a fan of hiring another defensive guy. I would rather kept Lynn or even thrown the money tank at Saban just to show Bills are serious about being a great franchise idk.

Remind me why a defensive guy can't be good?

Sometimes people are very impressive and earn a chance to be HC. Just because Rex was a bad hire, doesn't mean the next guy will be too.

Reportedly Mike McCoy.

McDermott. McCoy. McBills.

McLovin it

And neither does anyone on this board who A: Still thinks EJ needs more time, that TT is good enough or Watson should be our pick #10

Yeah I think we should just be gunning for Tom Brady. He's the only one good enough for us 🙄 Edited by Uffalo Ills

Yeah guess what. Rex was a defensive guy and our "d" was 98% of the problem last year. So yeah I'm ok with another defensive minded head coach. We have the best run game in the league. Get a qb who can hit open receivers and a D.C. Who can fix that side of the ball and by golly we may be watching playoff football next year. And if Watson falls to us in the draft we may be looking at a pretty sound scenario geesh