Reed83HOF

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But their rushing offense wasn't AS good as this Bills team. It doesn't mean that the Bills can't have a good rush offense without TT. At the same time we shouldn't expect it to be close to the 5.5 YPC and 28 TDs of this year.

I think that we have lost sight of HOW good the Bills running game was. The led the league in yards before contact running left, middle and right. It was historically great not just a solid year. I am just trying to add some perspective.

No doubt both the GM and McDermott each expressed their views on the qbing situation and the direction each of them envisioned. It's going to be intriguing to see whether TT is in Whaley/McDermott's plans or what direction this organization takes regarding the qb situation for the short and long term. As it stands I just don't know what Whaley is thinking or whether the new coach and he already have a plan in mind to move forward.

Yup and I won't count on a worst in the NFL passing attack without him either. So if the running attack drops to 5th but passing attack jumps to at least middle of the pack it's easily worth the trade off.

Of course, we need a QB for that to happen.

agree. I would readily give up the #1 rushing offense to obtain more balance and have a semblance of the passing threat. Can't consistently beat the good teams without both dimensions for defenses to have to stop.

I know it's like the only good thing Bills fans have to hang their hat on from this season, but it's too easy for good teams to beat you being so one-dimensional.

Agreed, need balance to be a playoff team and/or contender.

No doubt both the GM and McDermott each expressed their views on the qbing situation and the direction each of them envisioned. It's going to be intriguing to see whether TT is in Whaley/McDermott's plans or what direction this organization takes regarding the qb situation for the short and long term. As it stands I just don't know what Whaley is thinking or whether the new coach and he already have a plan in mind to move forward.

I am sure that the have a plan. I think that probably look to a vet and a young guy. I'm thinking Cutler may be the vet. FA is before the draft so I don't see them banking on a guy at 10, another option will have to already be in place. Edited by Kirby Jackson

No apparently he's gone.

Is that a new report or the same one thats been circulating? Would really love to know the logic behind dismantling an offense that was seventh in points scored after tyrods last game. Makes zero sense. Maybe theyre gonna burn this thing to the ground and tank for darnold

This fits us really well:

McDermott's strength also is getting the most out of what some might consider second-tier players. He's done it time and time again, particularly in a secondary that has been a revolving door the past four seasons

What good has the #1 running game done for the Bills?

You can run, run, run take 11 minutes off the clock and take 12 plays to score then Brady can throw 5 times and the game is tied.

Now you have to do it all again. Without holding penalties, fumbles, or other mishaps. It puts a ton of pressure on that running game. Then if you can't score again and Brady does you're screwed

It is nice but I would rather have a passing game that can score quickly

Edited by TheFunPolice

This sounds like the latest dumb head coaching move in a sea of bad moves over the last 15 years. I think continuity on offense was important, building on what worked was key, and yet we're seemingly throwing it all away and starting over again.

And I can't believe anyone is suggesting we bring in Cutler. Are people serious?

This sounds like the latest dumb head coaching move in a sea of bad moves over the last 15 years. I think continuity on offense was important, building on what worked was key, and yet we're seemingly throwing it all away and starting over again.

And I can't believe anyone is suggesting we bring in Cutler. Are people serious?

I bet we still run the ball with McCoy and Gillislee a lot.

I am sure that the have a plan. I think that probably look to a vet and a young guy. I'm thinking Cutler may be the vet. FA is before the draft so I don't see them banking on a guy at 10, another option will have to already be in place.

Cutler in Buffalo is a mismatch made in hell. The people will hate him and his odd duck detached personality. He is one guy I hope doesn't materialize.

You can run, run, run take 11 minutes off the clock and take 12 plays to score then Brady can throw 5 times and the game is tied.

Now you have to do it all again. Without holding penalties, fumbles, or other mishaps. It puts a ton of pressure on that running game. Then if you can't score again and Brady does you're screwed

Not to play devil's advocate but the Lions and Saints (to a lesser extent) have the opposite problem. They can throw it all over the yard but the clock stops and teams have chances to get back into games. It's a double edged sword. An elite running game helps you protect leads. An elite passing game allows you to come back in games. The answer is you want both.

:beer::thumbsup: