Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

He fits our O perfectly. Athletic, strong, smart and has the heart it takes. Not afraid to take shots and is our best option if we dump Tyrod. Tore up a legendary bama d tonight.

Also on a side note lets get Ben Boulware. Love the way he plays the game. Super instinctive.

Tear me apart go ahead but I think Watson is our best bet to succeed in the near future.

Vince Young II

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the question: "who is the next Vince young?"

Vince Young did not graduate in 3 years. Watson is a smart, composed, professional, charismatic leader. Vince Young was lazy and immature when he left Texas. Just because they are both black, doesn't mean they are the same guy.

Edited by Mark80

Forget Trubisky, forget Kizer.... DeShaun Watson is the best Quarterback in his draft and it is not even that close.

If he is there at 10 (and God knows why he would be) and the Bills pass I will be banging my head against a wall until camp.

Kid is legit. That was incredible last night.

Oh and where are all the "he's a runner" people today? Cat got their tongue? Bama shut his run game down made him beat them with his arm.... and boy did he?

Clemson WR' s got away with murder last night though.

I've loved him since last year, and watched him play alot. He can make the throws and sees the field. Intelligent and Athletic. But what I love most about him is his toughness. He is mentally tough in that he doesn't break, he keeps plugging away and breaks through. No way I take Trubisky ahead of him.

Vince Young did not graduate in 3 years. Watson is a smart, composed, professional, charismatic leader. Vince Young was lazy and immature when he left Texas. Just because they are both black, doesn't mean they are the same guy.

Like Watson, Young played for one of the best programs in all of college football. Like Watson, Young played for a program that was fielding some of its best teams ever. Like Watson, Young was the critical factor in winning a national championship against a team, USC, that at the time was being heralded as the best team in college football history. Like Watson, Young was tall, athletic, strong, fast and a dual threat quarterback. Sure, there are differences between the two but there are enough similarities to justify a comparison. I don't understand why you feel that the only reason some may have different opinions on whether Watson is worthy of a high pick is racism.

Someone had to say it. It seems when it comes to a kid like Watson a significant portion just sees "black spread offense QB" and writes him off. I've seen comparisons and critiques of him on this board where it's very clear the people making them have not actually watched him play. I've been saying all along he's the guy I want, but I hope he likes Lebron and Cleveland now (though the moneyball guys may think they are outsmarting the room again and trade him). There's no way he gets passed all the QB desperate teams at the top of the draft.

Pro style college offenses are dinosaurs. There's a few left like Stanford, Michigan and Bama being high profile ones, but otherwise smart coaches have realized the impact athletes can have at the QB position and the stress spacing the field places on defenses. If people solely want to draft a QB who played in a "pro system" the available pool of players is extremely small and one NFL starting QB under the age of 30 (Luck) came through that type of pipeline.

Where? :D

Clemson_logo.gif Deshaun Watson*, QB, Clemson

Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.

Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

Projected Round (2017): 1-4.

1/9/17: I surveyed teams around the league to see where their initial draft grades were for Watson. Two playoff teams told me they had third-round grades on Watson. One said it was on the low end as a third- to fourth-rounder. Another playoff team told Walt that they had a third-round grade on Watson. Two other teams said they had second-round grades on Watson. Another team thought that Watson still could be a late first-round quarterback, similar to Teddy Bridgewater, because of the dire need at the position across the NFL.

In this draft analyst's opinion, I would grade Watson as a third-round pick for the 2017 NFL Draft. Watson has been off with his accuracy this year, displaying poor ball placement, especially when going downfield. He has missed a lot of potential touchdowns as a result. Watson's performance against Louisville confirmed the accuracy and ball-placement problems we've seen all season. He hasn't dominated, and his play is not that of a top quarterback prospect. All of this illustrates that Watson still has room for improvement with his field vision, ball placement, and accuracy. He did finish the regular season playing better, but that doesn't make up for the struggles in the first two-thirds of the season.

Also, Watson is undersized compared to your average NFL starting quarterback. On top of that, he plays in a college spread offense that doesn't correlate well to the NFL. Thus, he's going to need to learn working under center, operating the huddle, footwork, and not being a running quarterback. There is no doubt that Watson has great intangibles as a hard worker with good character off the field and leadership in the locker room.

So far in 2016, Watson has completed 67 percent of his passes for 4,173 yards with 38 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. He has eight rushing touchdowns as well.

7/29/16: Watson played really well to lead Clemson to the National Championship game, and in that title tilt, he threw for over 400 yards and four touchdowns against an Alabama defense that featured tons of future NFL talent. Watson completed 68 percent of his passes in 2015 for 4,104 yards with 35 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. On the ground, he averaged 5.3 yards per carry for 1,105 yards with 12 scores.

Watson has a decent arm, excellent athleticism, and can show some superb accuracy. However, he is undersized and doesn't play in a pro-style offense. His numbers are vastly inflated by his college offense. Operating under center will be one thing for him to learn. Watson also has to improve his field vision. He flashes good field vision to work through his progressions on some plays, but he is inconsistent and he can also look to run too soon. Watson won't be able to run as much in the NFL and he needs to get faster at working through his progressions. His pocket-passing process has to get quicker as well.

This is from WalterFootball.com.

Edited by Southern Bills Fan