Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

Don't be surprised when you see the name Mahomes jump up a lot of draft boards. Maybe as far as #3 behind Trubisky and Kizer. Rocket and accurate arm, beautiful deep ball, extends plays with his feet.....yes, I know, gimmicky offense, but watch the kid play. Could be a great grab in 2nd round.

Reminds me a bit of Rodgers...

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an ad hominem attack rather than an argument. Why are they bad? I'm not saying you're incorrect, by the way. Is it because that they are the most trafficked site among the non-major media sites and suffer a little bit from football geek jealousy? That's an honest question. I have no idea. In my non-expert opinion, it's basically an OK site that offers some decent analysis. Not saying it's the best.

It's not really analysis and opinion. It's a couple of guys hearing things and spouting it. Give me a few months and I could honestly get something similar out there.

That Watson 1st-4th grade just became a 1st-2nd grade on their site today after he declared. Zero consistency to it, it's just a parrot service for people that don't know any better. Not to mention, Walter Cherepinsky is a revolting toad of a man.

Gotta look at the teams ahead of the #10 pick that need a QB.

#1 Cleveland needs a QB

#2 San Fran needs a QB

#3 Chicago needs a QB

#4 Jags

#5 Titans

#6 Jets need a QB

#7 Chargers

#8 Panthers

#9 Bengals

#10 Bills

At this point, it might be wiser to look at Mike Williams WR Clemson and the Bills might need to make another Watkins move to get him.

Cle is taking Garrett at 1 & I suspect Bye Felicia at the top of rd 2

SF is either Barnett or QB.

My gut tells me Trubisky is Chi at #3

Not sure what NYJ do - RB, QB, WR?

It's not really analysis and opinion. It's a couple of guys hearing things and spouting it. Give me a few months and I could honestly get something similar out there.

That Watson 1st-4th grade just became a 1st-2nd grade on their site today after he declared. Zero consistency to it, it's just a parrot service for people that don't know any better. Not to mention, Walter Cherepinsky is a revolting toad of a man.

OK; thanks. Like I said, I don't really know. If someone is going to say something is horrible, though, I just like to see reasons why he or she thinks that way.

OK; thanks. Like I said, I don't really know. If someone is going to say something is horrible, though, I just like to see reasons why he or she thinks that way.

I honestly didn't think it was that uncommon an opinion to hold. The site was honestly alright last year during the draft when they teamed up with Tony Pauline. He does the rounds at Pro Days and he's really well connected. Tony, as far as I'm aware, no longer has a working relationship with the site so they'll probably get no more clicks from me.

As long as you use it like an information site, it's not the worst thing in the world. It's certainly not the only site that does it; all I'm saying is that I could produce quite a bit of the same stuff if I wanted to. Walter's probably made a fair chunk of change from advertising and whatnot, fair play to him.

I just prefer my analysis a little more in-depth. I try to write in a way that's a polar opposite of WF as well. I'm just a small fry blogger but I'm trying to be part of a solution to a problem.

Barnett at 2?!? I don't see him in the top 10 (have him at 11 to the Saints).

They may easily fall in love with Watson after this game and they sure as hell need a QB. I think they could easily one helluva D-line if they took Barnett and that is kinda hard to pass up if you don't like any of the QBs this year at #2. You have Kayaa and possibly Mahomes who you will be able to get in the coming rounds might work better for them. Josh Allen if he declares is intriguing as well and he will shake things up in round one a lot in terms of QBs...prototypical size...

SF is hard to read seeing they have no GM or coach now and I have no idea where that team is headed; they also will presumably suck next year too and have a shot at those QBs as well...

Edited by Reed83HOF

Glad you didn't hold back and told us how you really feel. Made me laugh.

After that championship game, I can see Watson moving up to the #1 QB taken in this draft.

I honestly didn't think it was that uncommon an opinion to hold. The site was honestly alright last year during the draft when they teamed up with Tony Pauline. He does the rounds at Pro Days and he's really well connected. Tony, as far as I'm aware, no longer has a working relationship with the site so they'll probably get no more clicks from me.

As long as you use it like an information site, it's not the worst thing in the world. It's certainly not the only site that does it; all I'm saying is that I could produce quite a bit of the same stuff if I wanted to. Walter's probably made a fair chunk of change from advertising and whatnot, fair play to him.

I just prefer my analysis a little more in-depth. I try to write in a way that's a polar opposite of WF as well. I'm just a small fry blogger but I'm trying to be part of a solution to a problem.

Thanks!

He fits our O perfectly. Athletic, strong, smart and has the heart it takes. Not afraid to take shots and is our best option if we dump Tyrod. Tore up a legendary bama d tonight.

Also on a side note lets get Ben Boulware. Love the way he plays the game. Super instinctive.

Tear me apart go ahead but I think Watson is our best bet to succeed in the near future.

I was a bit of a Watson skeptic. But man, does he shine when the game is on the line. Two huge drives in the 4th after being beaten around all night. And I love Boulware also. Guy is smart, communicates to the D well, and has a passion for the game. Should also be available in Rd. 4 or something like that.

If he is taken higher by a QB needy team like the Browns, etc., then someone very good will fall to us. Question is do we try to pay a kings ransom for Watson (unless he is there at 10, then we get him), or keep TT and take a fantastic player at 10 (Cam Robinson, Williams, etc.). I'd rather pay a ransom with next years group of QB's, IMO. But I can see either view.

If he is taken higher by a QB needy team like the Browns, etc., then someone very good will fall to us. Question is do we try to pay a kings ransom for Watson (unless he is there at 10, then we get him), or keep TT and take a fantastic player at 10 (Cam Robinson, Williams, etc.). I'd rather pay a ransom with next years group of QB's, IMO. But I can see either view.

My feeling has been to not pick up the TT option, have $45 million is cap space - fill our holes in FA (keep Gilmore) and draft Hooker/Williams if they are available and move on up next year for the QB. Could give him ton of tools to work with...

He fits our O perfectly. Athletic, strong, smart and has the heart it takes. Not afraid to take shots and is our best option if we dump Tyrod. Tore up a legendary bama d tonight.

Also on a side note lets get Ben Boulware. Love the way he plays the game. Super instinctive.

Tear me apart go ahead but I think Watson is our best bet to succeed in the near future.

Never ceases to amaze me to see all the over reaction on this board after any game.

1. Watson was, and still is, the 3rd rated QB in what is regarded as a weak QB class.

2. Did you guys even watch the game? How many times did Mike Williams and other WR's totally bail him out (very much like Johnny Manziel and his "epic" college games where Mike Evans made Johnny look good) making insanely difficult catches on inaccurate throws? I mean this happened multiple times with the game on the line in those final drives, not to mention throughout the game.

3. Would you rather draft Johnny Manziel or Mike Evans? The correct guy to covet at 10, which I don't think he will last to 10, is Mike Williams not Watson.

Look, if we move on from Taylor and Watson is on the board at 10, I wont have a major issue taking hm because anything is better than having to bank on Cardale next year. But it would be a hell of a lot better to keep Taylor and draft a guy like Mike Williams than jettison Taylor and commit to multiple years of rebuild futility with a rookie QB whose game projects to the NFL similar to the QB we already have.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Never ceases to amaze me to see all the over reaction on this board after any game.

1. Watson was, and still is, the 3rd rated QB in what is regarded as a weak QB class.

2. Did you guys even watch the game? How many times did Mike Williams and other WR's totally bail him out (very much like Johnny Manziel and his "epic" college games where Mike Evans made Johnny look good) making insanely difficult catches on inaccurate throws? I mean this happened multiple times with the game on the line in those final drives, not to mention throughout the game.

3. Would you rather draft Johnny Manziel or Mike Evans? The correct guy to covet at 10, which I don't think he will last to 10, is Mike Williams not Watson.

Look, if we move on from Taylor and Watson is on the board at 10, I wont have a major issue taking hm because anything is better than having to bank on Cardale next year. But it would be a hell of a lot better to keep Taylor and draft a guy like Mike Williams than jettison Taylor and commit to multiple years of rebuild futility with a rookie QB whose game projects to the NFL similar to the QB we already have.

Everyone says every draft class is weak. They are almost always wrong. Edited by FireChan

They may easily fall in love with Watson after this game and they sure as hell need a QB. I think they could easily one helluva D-line if they took Barnett and that is kinda hard to pass up if you don't like any of the QBs this year at #2. You have Kayaa and possibly Mahomes who you will be able to get in the coming rounds might work better for them. Josh Allen if he declares is intriguing as well and he will shake things up in round one a lot in terms of QBs...prototypical size...

SF is hard to read seeing they have no GM or coach now and I have no idea where that team is headed; they also will presumably suck next year too and have a shot at those QBs as well...

Barnett just has a lot more holes than Allen or Thomas IMO. That also assumes that Garrett goes first. Barnett to me is, at best, the 4th DL.

Everyone says every draft class is weak. They are almost always wrong.

Actually not true...yes, there is always people who want to wait to next year, but this class is being considered similar to the year we took EJ. There is not a single Elite QB prospect anywhere in the draft. Going into last night, there was a thread here where everyone mostly said DONT trade up for a QB in this class.

Today, after Watson does the same thing he does every week and also did last National Championship Game, and suddenly everyone wants to trade up a bounty for the THIRD rated QB prospect in this draft. Also carefully ignoring the facts that Watson didn't do anything more than he ever has throughout his whole career, had Williams and the other receivers bail him out on multiple critical plays with insane catches late in the game to go with similar plays earlier in the game, and the other reasons he was not, and still isn't, considered a top QB prospect.

#OverreactionTuesday

Edited by Alphadawg7