Alabama/Clemson game thread

Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watson is very unimpressive vs a legit team

He was all year. He rolled up big numbers against bad teams. I argued all year with people like MAJBobby on here that Tyrod isn't always pretty but we could be doing a lot worse. He was advocating that we trade this years first pick and next years first to move up and draft Watson. That would be a huge mistake.

Watson is very unimpressive vs a legit team

Well, this is a little more than a legit team. Now, if you're talking other games, I'll need to see more. I know he's struggling against a giant monster of a d right now, and getting whacked early didn't help. I'm by no means sold on him, just recognizing the degree of difficulty.

He was all year. He rolled up big numbers against bad teams. I argued all year with people like MAJBobby on here that Tyrod isn't always pretty but we could be doing a lot worse. He was advocating that we trade this years first pick and next years first to move up and draft Watson. That would be a huge mistake.

agreed

It's not that, it's that the plays themselves are pretty boring.

don't have time for big plays to develop, these defenses are too talented

More than 20 is my guess. They have kids behind these guys that will fill right in and then be NFL players. They are so loaded.

Like UK basketball.....he may not start, but he's probably a lottery pick. Through the looking glass stuff.

Like UK basketball.....he may not start, but he's probably a lottery pick. Through the looking glass stuff.

Pretty much, they just recruit a crazy class, lose a bunch of guys to the pros, replace them with a bunch of other future pros, rinse and repeat Edited by Kirby Jackson

At this moment, Tyrod is way better against "NFL Defenses" - like Bama's.

All said, like the Bills, Clemson needs to but refuses to - take a deep shot to to loosen up the D. Especially in this case where the refs are Big 12 refs. Over/under on PI calls once I heard that is like 14. Just get it deep. Make them at least defend it.

Bills were terrible at that this season. Win the Ravens game of they did it.