St Doug officially head coach in Jax.

Virgil

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you really use Doug and plan in the same sentence?

sarcasm people

So did Rex? OK, I know that a win is a win, and you are what your record says you are, but he could so easily have been 8-8 if NE GAF in the last game of 2014. Then next year Rex was 8-8 and this year if we GAF in the last game of 2016 we'd be 8-8. I'm kinda seeing a distinction without a difference here.

Rex had a better offense and ruined our defense, Marrone wins

Bottom line is Marrone found a way to finish above 500 with Manuel and Orton at QB. Think about that

While running the Jags Blake Bortles had arguably his best games for total passing yards and completion percentage. If the Jags can improve in defense in that weak division Marrone has a chance to rise above and win.

Funny that marrone, coughlin and Caldwell are all from some part of New York

Draft Chad Kelly?

Bottom line is Marrone found a way to finish above 500 with Manuel and Orton at QB. Think about that

While running the Jags Blake Bortles had arguably his best games for total passing yards and completion percentage. If the Jags can improve in defense in that weak division Marrone has a chance to rise above and win.

true but marrone ran the offense which was horreeeble Edited by YoloinOhio

Funny that marrone, coughlin and Caldwell are all from some part of New York

Draft Chad Kelly?

true but marrone ran the offense which was horreeeble

Again he was working with EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton. A good QB in that offense and we would have made the playoffs.

The good lord won't save him if he keeps Hackett as his OC.

If he treated OC like he did D.C. and just hired the best he could, he would still be here and we would be in the playoffs several times.

It's odd he and Hackett are such an item

I like Caldwell, he's brought in some good talent there, but they don't have a proven QB unless they can somehow salvage Bortels who regressed in the past two seasons under Hackett.

If you really examine St. Doug's 9-7 with the Bills it has a lot of holes. There was a season ending win against the Patriots B team that pushed the team over .500. I'd also be willing to wager that those 4 wins over the NFC North came as a direct result of his DC Jim Schwartz having A LOT of experience drawing up game plans against those teams since he coached in that division. And let's not forget how they needed a late season win in Oakland and went out there and got beat by what was a bad Raiders team with an interim HC. That game along with the Patriots resting their starters could have put the Bills in better playoff contention. Don't get me started on all the punts inside the 40 either!