St Doug officially head coach in Jax.

Virgil

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree both are bad but Marrone inherited a crap team while Rex inherited the winning team that Marrone helped to build. I don't like either one much but Marrone better than Rex.

I disagree with this on multiple levels. Most importantly, I would never consider a guy who quit on my team as being better than anyone else.

I disagree with this on multiple levels. Most importantly, I would never consider a guy who quit on my team as being better than anyone else.

I could see that if I bought that Rex was laser focused on sacrificing and winning football games for the Bills at all costs throughout his entire time here.

However between all the talking, the parachuting, the Bills-painted vehicles, Donald Trump, the Clemson helmets, the Clemson live games, the Clemson shoutouts, the Clemson underwhelming 1st round pick, his failure of a defensive coach brother joining the staff and being advertised by Rex as a game-changer, his supposedly telling Lynn before the season started to sit tight because the job will soon be his, and most of all his preference for going down with his Daddy's defense over adapting and simplifying and winning behind the strength of a beastly defensive line...I don't buy that this guy was here ready to sacrifice and do whatever it takes to make the Bills a winner. He didn't have to quit because he wasn't trying in the first place. Good riddance.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

he did win games here which is quite an accomplishment

So did Rex? OK, I know that a win is a win, and you are what your record says you are, but he could so easily have been 8-8 if NE GAF in the last game of 2014. Then next year Rex was 8-8 and this year if we GAF in the last game of 2016 we'd be 8-8. I'm kinda seeing a distinction without a difference here.

I wonder if Doug, Tom, and David Caldwell complete each other's sentences.

I could see that if I bought that Rex was laser focused on sacrificing and winning football games for the Bills at all costs throughout his entire time here.

However between all the talking, the parachuting, the Bills-painted vehicles, Donald Trump, the Clemson helmets, the Clemson live games, the Clemson shoutouts, the Clemson underwhelming 1st round pick, his failure of a defensive coach brother joining the staff and being advertised by Rex as a game-changer, his supposedly telling Lynn before the season started to sit tight because the job will soon be his, and most of all his preference for going down with his Daddy's defense over adapting and simplifying and winning behind the strength of a beastly defensive line...I don't buy that this guy was here ready to sacrifice and do whatever it takes to make the Bills a winner. He didn't have to quit because he wasn't trying in the first place. Good riddance.

Whatever. I guess you do not like the guy.

As an aside, I have no problem with the coach or anyone else having some personality. For the football stuff, you can read my far too many posts on the subject.

As for work ethic, these guys work essentially around the clock. Being an NFL coach is about as stressful and time consuming as any job. Believe what you want about whether Rex or any member of his staff put in a tremendous amount of work and time away from their families.

Edited by Peter

Watch!

At the hiring PC Doug will make some convoluted connection between his upbringing in NYC and northern FL.

"Growing up in the Bronx, my neighbor's friend's aunt lived in Jacksonville. I practically grew up here!"

:lol:

"I'll work perfectly with a guy like Tom Coughlin. I get along with everyone."

:lol:

"I'll work perfectly with a guy like Tom Coughlin. I get along with everyone."

Since he was in elementary school, his report cards always said "Douglas works well with others."

Edited by Peter

So did Rex? OK, I know that a win is a win, and you are what your record says you are, but he could so easily have been 8-8 if NE GAF in the last game of 2014. Then next year Rex was 8-8 and this year if we GAF in the last game of 2016 we'd be 8-8. I'm kinda seeing a distinction without a difference here.

Difference is our units all played to their potential in 2014. Rex took a better team and made them worse.