New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

So we've interviewed 4 or 5 guys for Head Coach....that doesn't seem right. As a billionaire, Pegula (and Whaley) should be interviewing 20-30 guys. No stone unturned. At least show families that spend $3000-$6000 on season tix that you are doing due diligence. I understand there are no guarantees in life, but after 17 years, I would hope we would hit on one of these slugs....errrrr....I mean pieces of crap.....errrrrr....I mean a coach who can actually lead players and groom a franchise QB.

they interviewed a bunch of guys just 2 years ago including Kyle shanahan. Have a more narrowed list now. Whaley and monos are supposed to do the homework beforehand. Don't need to meet with people you aren't seriously considering. Doesn't bother me.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John,

You are the one person I enjoy reading and listening to about the Bills. Always professional, always on point, never injecting your own views and/or petty grievances like these jokesters at TBN that should be ashamed at themselves for acting like spoiled brats who aren't getting their way...

Is it any wonder you are the ones getting the interviews with the owner??

Columnist vs Reporter

they interviewed a bunch of guys just 2 years ago including Kyle shanahan. Have a more narrowed list now. Whaley and monos are supposed to do the homework beforehand. Don't need to meet with people you aren't seriously considering. Doesn't bother me.

The whole Doug Whaley press conference was about "we'll discuss the levels of management and reporting between coach, GM and owner in our search process". Well, Reich might have a different idea of how willing he is to report to the GM compared to McDermott. There are a slew of variables to consider. I guess I'd over-interview just to make sure (rather than hire just to keep up with the Joneses...Jags)

Exactly - I would hope that having interviewed several candidates last time and having a couple of years to see how the guys they didn't hire actually performed, would inform their decision on who to interview (and to hire).

There's no reason to interview 30 people for a job - if you are, you haven't narrowed your list enough, IMO.

Exactly - I would hope that having interviewed several candidates last time and having a couple of years to see how the guys they didn't hire actually performed, would inform their decision on who to interview (and to hire).

There's no reason to interview 30 people for a job - if you are, you haven't narrowed your list enough, IMO.

Exactly right!

Sure happens. Not like he's gonna get another HC gig, he will at best be a DC.

But he will want a DC job where HE gets the credit. That is why Buffalo was a great bounce back job for Jim Schwartz. If Bradley comes here to run Richard's defense when they are both our of that Seattle club the credit will at best be split.

Correct. I was critical last time of the process. They interviewed too many with no focus on what they actually wanted.

Fergy is just dying for Reich if they interviewed only two but he was one the argument out of him would be not to do too many :)

You know me too well...stalker!!!

JW, said that he wasn't a real candidate. Who would have thought that a bad coordinator, that doesn't call plays wouldn't be a great HC?

And I'll say it again...how many of these "hot" coordinators you are touting will be calling their own plays as HC? Zero...that's why they assemble an experienced coaching staff. We need a HC who can demonstrate leadership, is shown respect and can relate to/ teach a young QB. Nothing wrong with that.

You know me too well...stalker!!!And I'll say it again...how many of these "hot" coordinators you are touting will be calling their own plays as HC? Zero...that's why they assemble an experienced coaching staff. We need a HC who can demonstrate leadership, is shown respect and can relate to/ teach a young QB. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't disagree but not 1 team this year has viewed Reich as potentially that guy. Hire Dabo and let's roll!! Edited by Kirby Jackson

Sure sounds like Pegula is about to make another "Executive Decision" with or without Whaley on board...

And here is a demonstration why these tweets are damaging. Even if the Pegulas don't meddle, you will be convinced they did because of some vague tweet.