Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're on, I'll even do it if he starts in the Keenum type situation if you will if he doesn't due to injury

Awesome. Any injury to Tyrod makes the bet null and void.

Lmao. Adversity and struggle means he grows a few inches and all of a sudden can see the middle of the field?

Its not height, he needs work on his foot work, reading the defense, and more confidence pulling the trigger. This can be learned. Ask Drew Brees. A much better QB who is in fact shorter than TT

Edited by Marty McFly

I agree. The two best options. Hot or cold, not lukewarm.

What do you mean by 'you can not keep TT with the deal that is on the table'? The only thing guaranteed in it is his option bonus, and next year's salary for injury only. It is an appropriate contract for a middle of the pack QB.

I have been getting concerned how many have forgotten his contract is really quite good for everyone when written and still is honestly. There was some risk of course on the Bills. But it always is.

But the injury contract clause is troubling.

If the Bills had sat TT and said it is because we want you healthy for next year. That would be one thing.

Thats the best Bills could do in that matter.

But if they Do not want him, or are trying to nickel and dime him? Thats ugly

I have been getting concerned how many have forgotten his contract is really quite good for everyone when written and still is honestly. There was some risk of course on the Bills. But it always is.

But the injury contract clause is troubling.

If the Bills had sat TT and said it is because we want you healthy for next year. That would be one thing.

Thats the best Bills could do in that matter.

But if they Do not want him, or are trying to nickel and dime him? Thats ugly

I don't think they're wanting to nickel and dime him. I think they honestly wanted a last look at EJ before he walks out of the building for good, and they didn't want to risk a worse injury to Tyrod.

They wanted to pick 10th and not 15th

I really think there is something to this

Maybe they even thought C. Jones had a chance to bring them back....notice how we pretty much knew EJ had NOTHING left and they still didnt pull him out?

Up by multiple scores.....give C. a quarter but even if he lights it up he wont bring them back.

10th overall is a heck of a lot better then 15th overall.....and frankly would cost less to move up from that position if they decided to so

Meanwhile, Sullivan and Carucci are still trying to figure out what Whaley meant by saying "I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning"

It's a very strong statement expressing his arrogant belief in his right to use and exploit the oatmeal. Clearly he doesn't expect it to nourish him, and he's already decided not to keep it in his cupboard.

Obviously, if that weren't the case, he would have said he eats oatmeal for breakfast.

Meanwhile, Sullivan and Carucci are still trying to figure out what Whaley meant by saying "I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning"

"Were you privy to the decision to have oatmeal before you sat down to breakfast? Did you have any discussions about oatmeal with the Pegulas? If you didn't put raisins in it, then what, exactly, is your breakfast responsibility?"

You just pointed out a player with a broken back and 3 rookies

Come on

These names at least can start a conversation

Dont hate Bradford

I actually like Grap

Foles would make some sense as long as we drafted a QB high

Joe Montana and Tom Brady were rookies once.

Romo is an active player, he's not the one wearing the gown fwiw.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You just pointed out a player with a broken back and 3 rookies

Come on

These names at least can start a conversation

Dont hate Bradford

I actually like Grap

Foles would make some sense as long as we drafted a QB high

I think the point is there are options to everybodys, who you going to get. There are trades, FAs and the draft is coming up. TT was a backup and he was found, it happens, QBs are out there.

More will be known once the SB is over and the season is done for everyone. I'm of the camp that you can get better at the QB position, and yes the defense needs to get better also.

They did for a much worse QB and Bill O'Brien is supposed to be such a QB Whisperer.

Bill O'Brien regrets the signing at that price; and John Elway doesn't regret letting the tall qb hit the road at the price he was asking for. There is something to be learned here!

Lets not forget the fact if TT is not retained he will become one of the top prospects available unless Cousins is not resigned. Doesn't make much sense to let him walk so you can get into a bidding war with the other teams in need of a QB. His contract is comparable to his talent level at this time.

That's why I'm thinking a lot of these "leaks" about Tyrod not being retained are intentional. Leaks from OBD to read both Bills fan reaction and reactions from media and other teams.

The more information they can use to assess Taylor's value the better.

I think the point is there are options to everybodys, who you going to get. There are trades, FAs and the draft is coming up. TT was a backup and he was found, it happens, QBs are out there.

More will be known once the SB is over and the season is done for everyone. I'm of the camp that you can get better at the QB position, and yes the defense needs to get better also.

That's the point though. The guys that are available are known at this point. They have been discussed an awful lot on here. Romo can be an upgrade if he plays. He would have to pick Buffalo AND be healthy. That's a long shot. It is a weak QB draft, not 2013 bad but not good. You can always get lucky but rationally analyzing the options it is highly unlikely that the QB play will be improved in 2017. Now, it is possible that it is for the long-term benefit to move on. That is an argument that can be made but "just get a guy and hope" isn't likely to make the Bills better. If the Bills are going to move on, bottoming out in 2017 and addressing it in 2018 is the best course of action.

We often deal in the hypotheticals about "QBs being out there" but when you are talking about guys like Cutler, Hoyer and Foles their resumes are what they are. If you stack them up vs. TT's last two years it will be scary how large the gap is. That's why hypotheticals don't work. We need to talk about the specific players because it's relevant to the conversation. If there were guys like Luck and RG3 (who was considered a stud coming out) in this draft then an argument can be made that the draft is the best answer.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Lets not forget the fact if TT is not retained he will become one of the top prospects available unless Cousins is not resigned. Doesn't make much sense to let him walk so you can get into a bidding war with the other teams in need of a QB. His contract is comparable to his talent level at this time.

I'd say if TT is not resigned they better have another option lined up. Or else tank. Cardale Jones is not the answer in 2017 and neither is one of the nomad QB's drifting about the league.

Edited by What a Tuel

The structure of TT's contract makes him difficult for the Bills to trade. His actual salary is reasonable, so his current contract makes him very attractive for a trading partner. But to keep him we have to pay upfront $15.5M option bonus. It's currently split over 5 years, but if we trade TT it accelerates and all hits the cap this year. So to trade him we'd take a $15.5M cap hit. Need to have a pretty attractive trade offered to go there.