The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

What I don't get is why he didn't just say 'seeya' and walk out the first few times she stated you're free to leave.

Guessing that there is some sort of Contempt of Congress charge that can be levied if a person called before a committee leaves prior to the hearing being dismissed / recessed.

Which would explain why Waters was trying to get him to walk out without ending the hearing.  If not that, no clue.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Taro T said:

Guessing that there is some sort of Contempt of Congress charge that can be levied if a person called before a committee leaves prior to the hearing being dismissed / recessed.

Which would explain why Waters was trying to get him to walk out without ending the hearing.  If not that, no clue.

That's exactly what Mnuchin tried to mansplain to her.  She needed to hit the gavel to dismiss him.  Of course when you point out something obvious in a direct way to a woman, it's called mansplaining.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

but he could have claimed that her rhetorical flourish "you're free to leave" constitutes being dismissed as a witness

2 minutes ago, GG said:

That's exactly what Mnuchin tried to mansplain to her.  She needed to hit the gavel to dismiss him.  Of course when you point out something obvious in a direct way to a woman, it's called mansplaining.

Yeah, right.  ?The reality is when you try to explain something to a dumb ***** like Max Maxine who thinks they know everything... it is called banging your head against the wall.  :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

but he could have claimed that her rhetorical flourish "you're free to leave" constitutes being dismissed as a witness

But that wouldn't have kept him from having to deal with actually getting such a charge dismissed.  Nor would it have kept her from having a nice meme/ CNN talking point of how the Treasury secretary is a misogynistic/racist/senior citizen hating post-neo Nazi who has no respect for the rule of law nor the separation of powers.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

So the question is... now what? 

They took him into custody on a bench warrant for a now-closed rape inquiry in Sweden.  

“I requested Great Britain to guarantee that Mr Assange would not be extradited to a country where he could face torture or the death penalty," Moreno added. "The British government has confirmed it in writing, in accordance with its own rules."

The Democrats cannot possibly want him testifying to anything.  

I would think that anyone who believes there is a corrupt deep state not only within the US but also connected to other nation-states would view this as a take down of those who are trying to expose the group. It's not a good day for those trying to shed light on a corrupt world...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So the question is... now what? 

They took him into custody on a bench warrant for a now-closed rape inquiry in Sweden.  

“I requested Great Britain to guarantee that Mr Assange would not be extradited to a country where he could face torture or the death penalty," Moreno added. "The British government has confirmed it in writing, in accordance with its own rules."

The Democrats cannot possibly want him testifying to anything.  

Do you think the Ecuadorians are having a staff meeting today to discuss what to convert his room into?  I’d vote for a wet bar and pool table. 

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

Do you think the Ecuadorians are having a staff meeting today to discuss what to convert his room into?  I’d vote for a wet bar and pool table. 

A new suite for the refugee from the US seeking asylum - Adam Schiff, perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

A new suite for the refugee from the US seeking asylum - Adam Schiff, perhaps?

Well, they need to be careful with their choices — they’re on the “rebound”. 

It might be better to back away from the scene for awhile. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, snafu said:

They could be like the parents of kids going to college.  Keep the room exactly the same, with the wall posters and stuffies, in case he returns.

1 hour ago, GG said:

They could be like the parents of kids going to college.  Keep the room exactly the same, with the wall posters and stuffies, in case he returns.

They can put a velvet rope across the doorway and charge tourists to see and smell the room. 

• Haha (+1) 1

So Assmange is taken in to custody...but only AFTER does the DoJ file charges, at which point extradition hearings commence.

My question is: who in DOJ filed the charges?  Seems like an important point concerning Assmange's survival: if it's the anti-Trump cabal within DOJ and the IC, and given the timing of the arrest, what are the odds Assmange survives the next 72 hours?

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So Assmange is taken in to custody...but only AFTER does the DoJ file charges, at which point extradition hearings commence.

My question is: who in DOJ filed the charges?  Seems like an important point concerning Assmange's survival: if it's the anti-Trump cabal within DOJ and the IC, and given the timing of the arrest, what are the odds Assmange survives the next 72 hours?

This is the million dollar question. 

I started getting chatter last week this was imminent (hence the ludicrous speed post) from neutral (not pro or anti Trump) sources. Previous conversations I've had on the Assange topic had led me to believe he was being protected as early as January 2017 by "white hats" (for lack of a better term) because of what he could prove/provide on Russian hacking. Most of the people I spoke with inside the IC were split down the middle on their personal opinions on the man - but they were all on the same page in terms of him playing an important role in the future regarding the coup attempt. 

It brings me back to the deal he tried to cut with Comey in 2016. It was covered in this thread or the Russia thread (couldn't find it on the search, but will look harder). In 2016 Assange tried to broker a deal with the DOJ to give information on Russian hacking in exchange for immunity. To sweeten the deal, Assange offered to NOT publish the Vault 7 files. This was being brokered by Adam Waldman (Deripaska's attorney/Warner's good buddy). Comey and Clapper said no to the deal - and allowed the Vault 7 files to be released into the wild - and more importantly - allowed the Russian Collusion/Hacking/Conspiracy story continue on unabated. 

I lean towards today's actions being a protective move more than a move to take him out... but I guess we'll find out soon. 

This is important: The indictment is dated March 2018. 

That shows us two things: 

1) Sessions drew this up, and then sat on it. Not because he was "asleep" but because timing is key. 

2) They don't act until after Mueller closes down and until after Barr brings the national conversation back to spying. 

Ludicrous speed. 

Maggie thinks he's speaking off the cuff. 

Maggie's wrong. 

Trump is using specific language for a purpose. He's telling people where this is going, as he has been doing for two years. Now we're (almost) at the precipice - and the freakout we're seeing is epic to watch. 

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

this is my concern as well.

my spidey senses are telling me this may be a deep state move to move the narrative back to Trump collusion.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is important: The indictment is dated March 2018. 

That shows us two things: 

1) Sessions drew this up, and then sat on it. Not because he was "asleep" but because timing is key. 

2) They don't act until after Mueller closes down and until after Barr brings the national conversation back to spying. 

Ludicrous speed. 

If this is true (BIG if to me), then Ecuador's new regime had to have been in on it, and sat on Assange until the time was right.  Maybe yes, maybe no.  I will say that the soured relations with Assange and Ecuador for the past several months lends credence.

1 minute ago, snafu said:

If this is true (BIG if to me), then Ecuador's new regime had to have been in on it, and sat on Assange until the time was right.  Maybe yes, maybe no.  I will say that the soured relations with Assange and Ecuador for the past several months lends credence.

Assange seems like such a great guy. Hard to believe he could overstay his welcome. 

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

also, i'm not sure he gets offed. there are still those insurance policies out there that will be dropped should he meet an untimely death.

25 minutes ago, snafu said:

I'm trying to remember when, but Trump met with the Ecuadorian president this year... February I think.

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mueller did this. 

Podesta next. 

They made fara abuse a chargeable offense now... That means the Podestas and others are *****. Kerry is *****. 

The fun is just beginning 

make no mistake, Obama is now under investigation.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mueller did this. 

Podesta next. 

They made fara abuse a chargeable offense now... That means the Podestas and others are *****. Kerry is *****. 

The fun is just beginning 

Are the Democrats EVER going to learn that the precedents they set can bite them in the ass?

This'll start getting really interesting when they get closer to the Clinton Foundation.  All "Rear Admiral Chelsea" jokes aside...what are the FARA implications of a director of the CF requesting DOD support for a foreign country through the Secretary of State?

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Are the Democrats EVER going to learn that the precedents they set can bite them in the ass?

This'll start getting really interesting when they get closer to the Clinton Foundation.  All "Rear Admiral Chelsea" jokes aside...what are the FARA implications of a director of the CF requesting DOD support for a foreign country through the Secretary of State?

That's exactly what is being lined up - a clear, legal killshot on the CF/CFI.