Trade senario

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills need to tank it like the Sabres. They've been doing the same things over and over and what has it gotten them, no playoffs for 17 years. Suck for a few years, load up on high draft picks, so you can be great for 10-15 years.

This kills me....you guys just love losing...how well are the sabres doing? Anywhere close to the playoffs?

Bills need to tank it like the Sabres. They've been doing the same things over and over and what has it gotten them, no playoffs for 17 years. Suck for a few years, load up on high draft picks, so you can be great for 10-15 years.

If and when that works for the Sabres, sign me up. Until then.............half their roster has no business in the NHL

Here's my ranking of our top trade bait:

1. Dareus - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  2. Gilmore - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  3. Watkins - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  4. Taylor - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  5. Darby - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  6. Glenn - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  7. Lawson - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  8. Miller - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  9. Kouandjio - age 23 (possible 3rd round)
  10. J. Hughes - age 28 (possible 4th round)

gilmore may be fringe first - due to injury.

sammy's injuries would make it a tough sell for a 2nd.

i would add that we have more options than that. incognito would be worth a 4th, easily... though no replacement. if not for age he would be 2nd rounder.

o'leary is a 4th/5th rounder.

Tank it??? You like, Indy's "lose for Luck" . . . How's that working out for them?

He's taken them to the playoffs in the last 17 yrs, no!? Plus I would take luck over TT anyday. Lose for luck has worked better than anything we've tried the last, oh 17 yrs.

LorAx was great but do you want to count on him having another Pro Bowl year at his age? Who plays QB for the Bills?

I an't really see who would be a logial QB in this senario.

If we an't seure at least a mediore QB, this senario will leave us all onfused and frustrated.

Tyrod and *insert generic player here* PLUS 2018 first, and any more picks that are needed. Convince Cleveland they need to wait for 2018 to draft their QB, hell, they NEED to wait for that Darnold dude. Theyre probably gonna be 1-15 next year too, anyways. For this years first overall. Thats my scenario

Tyrod and *insert generic player here* PLUS 2018 first, and any more picks that are needed. Convince Cleveland they need to wait for 2018 to draft their QB, hell, they NEED to wait for that Darnold dude. Theyre probably gonna be 1-15 next year too, anyways. For this years first overall. Thats my scenario

In ! Do it.

except that leaves us with like 26 mil in dead money i think

I think it is 18.4 dead cap for Tyrod and 4.2 million for Hughes.

22.6 million in dead cap

Not in a trade. We would be free and clear

It is called dead cap because you pay that when you get rid of a player.

When you trade a player you cannot trade away prorated signing bonuses. That tallies approximately 18.35 million (rounded to 18.4) for Tyrod and 4.2 for Mr. Hughes.

Bills would swallow a huge chunk of cap money = unaffordable

Edited by PolishDave

Someone called into JM show today and suggested a sigh and trade for TT. I like the idea.if you were Cleveland would you give up the number 12 pick for TT and Hughes? That would give us 40-60mill and the 10 and 12 pick.sign Alexander to replace Hughes, at a much lower #. Maybe trade down with the 10th pick for extra picks.. this senario frees up a ton of $ and allows for a lot of flexibility in the draft.

I would also move Glenn to RT and Kwanjo to LT so Oline isn't a huge need. Sign Gilmore or use the tag, so CB isn't a huge need. And we could have a lot of picks for BPA. Also DW would have the money to resign key free agents (Brown, Gilly) and money to sign more lesser known free agents he seems to always find.

Also the money to get a #2 wr Like Woods or A Jeffrey.

OK time to kill me

Sign me up for that scenario

The problem with the scenario is that if the Bills pick up Tyrod's option, they owe him a $15.5M bonus, which his contract currently splits over 5 years.

The minute they trade him, the new team takes over his $12M salary but the Bills are still on the hook for the bonus, which accelerates and becomes due payable at once.

This kills me....you guys just love losing...how well are the sabres doing? Anywhere close to the playoffs?

I either want the Bills to be a playoff team or at the bottom of the league to get high draft picks. During the playoff drought, the Bills have averaged drafting between 8-13 and what good has it done for them?

Other examples are the Bucs and Titans. They sucked, got too draft picks and now have franchise QB's [Mariota and Winston]. And don't give me the crap that franchise QB's can be found in any round, because if that were the case, there would be 32 franchise QB's in the NFL.

Someone called into JM show today and suggested a sigh and trade for TT. I like the idea.if you were Cleveland would you give up the number 12 pick for TT and Hughes? That would give us 40-60mill and the 10 and 12 pick.sign Alexander to replace Hughes, at a much lower #. Maybe trade down with the 10th pick for extra picks.. this senario frees up a ton of $ and allows for a lot of flexibility in the draft.

I would also move Glenn to RT and Kwanjo to LT so Oline isn't a huge need. Sign Gilmore or use the tag, so CB isn't a huge need. And we could have a lot of picks for BPA. Also DW would have the money to resign key free agents (Brown, Gilly) and money to sign more lesser known free agents he seems to always find.

Also the money to get a #2 wr Like Woods or A Jeffrey.

OK time to kill me

Yeah, there's a lot of problems here:

1) It's not a sign and trade situation - and also those never happen in football anyway. Since TT is under contract if he would be traded prior to his roster bonus being paid, then the new team would have to pay it. If he would be traded after, then the Bills would eat the bonus.

2) No one wants Taylor at his upcoming contract. Zero chance any team takes that on.

3) No way does a team make this trade with the Bills. Hughes is a quality player, but he isn't worth the 10th overall pick with his contract. Adding Taylor with his contract doesn't provide value either.

4) The cap freed up next season would be less than $15M. About $13M from not picking up Taylor's contract and less than $2M from trading Hughes. There'd be bigger savings in future obviously.

You're right that the Bills need to re-sign some players. They look to have about $45M in cap space next season if they do not pick up Taylor's option. That doesn't include tagging Gilmore or re-signing any of their other free agents. It's a good chunk of change, but they've got a lot to do,