Trade senario

Someone called into JM show today and suggested a sigh and trade for TT. I like the idea.if you were Cleveland would you give up the number 12 pick for TT and Hughes? That would give us 40-60mill and the 10 and 12 pick.sign Alexander to replace Hughes, at a much lower #. Maybe trade down with the 10th pick for extra picks.. this senario frees up a ton of $ and allows for a lot of flexibility in the draft.

I would also move Glenn to RT and Kwanjo to LT so Oline isn't a huge need. Sign Gilmore or use the tag, so CB isn't a huge need. And we could have a lot of picks for BPA. Also DW would have the money to resign key free agents (Brown, Gilly) and money to sign more lesser known free agents he seems to always find.

Also the money to get a #2 wr Like Woods or A Jeffrey.

OK time to kill me

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

First, Taylor AND Hughes for the 1st overall pick would be incredibly pricy , never mind for the pick they got from the Eagles. Then they are robbing us.

Second, Cleveland has been trying journeymen for a long time now. They passed on taking Wentz at 2 to get the Eagles pick. They are going to want to draft someone.

Third, teams will want Taylor's contract to go into effect because we pay the bonus and that stays on our cap so we won't get that cap space you are talking about.

I am not against trading anyone for the right price, but unless it's Taylor for the 1st overall pick, and you have a QB you are absolutely in love with, I don't see it.

Someone called into JM show today and suggested a sigh and trade for TT. I like the idea.if you were Cleveland would you give up the number 12 pick for TT and Hughes? That would give us 40-60mill and the 10 and 12 pick.sign Alexander to replace Hughes, at a much lower #. Maybe trade down with the 10th pick for extra picks.. this senario frees up a ton of $ and allows for a lot of flexibility in the draft.

I would also move Glenn to RT and Kwanjo to LT so Oline isn't a huge need. Sign Gilmore or use the tag, so CB isn't a huge need. And we could have a lot of picks for BPA. Also DW would have the money to resign key free agents (Brown, Gilly) and money to sign more lesser known free agents he seems to always find.

OK time to kill me

I disagree with just about everything you are suggesting here!!

I would keep TT (and Hughes). Keep Glenn as is at LT, as he is making LT money and is good there. Let Gilmore and Woods walk.

Cleveland isn't going to do something that stupid. They've been shedding salary and stockpiling draftpicks for a reason - actually it's part of a coherent strategy, something the Bills don't seem to have.

I don't think we should use the same strategy that Cleveland is using. It'd hurt the fan base a ton and would take probably 3-5 years.

First off - you have to sacrifice $$$. I don't think an owner who just dropped 1.4 bil is looking at running a profitless NFL franchise. They're eating 35 mil in dead cap in 2016. They play in an empty stadium. Odds on favorite for worst merch in football. You think the owner there is making like... any money outside of what he's guaranteed from the rest of the league, and away games? Probably not. He might save some money on marketing, since there's no point of having a marketing team since everyone knows you're polishing a turd. They do have the benefit of paying their team the least to the cap even with the penalty. So its pretty obvious why they're so bad...

2nd - you're sacrificing time. They're at least another year away from competing, they don't have a qb, they're absent any playmakers on offense really (Pryor i guess but hes UFA anyway. With their cap rollover for this year they have 100 million in cap space - and will have a hard time spending anywhere near that because no one wants to play for them. They can front load a contract or two, and probably pry an RFA or two away without draft compensation. But this will again cost the owner money because of all the reasons above.

Now what they have done that's great

Traded busts for pennies on the dollars, or cut them. All this did was push all their cap hits into this year/next year (this year was lost anyway). They got rid of gilbert, mingo, manziel, Kruger, bowe, and whitner. They basically said - the old regime sucked and wasted money so we're starting over. They didn't try and market or sell tickets for this season.

That was smart from a building an NFL team perspective, but it also builds apathy in fans.

You are incorrect. In a trade you are hit with a cap penalty just as if you cut the player.

Money paid upfront is typically split over several years. If you cut or trade someone prior to the last year that bonus money is paid - then you pay the remainder up front when you cut/trade them. When a teammate "restructures" base salary to bonus money etc. to create cap space this is what he's doing. Ensuring that he get's paid money as a bonus over several years instead of needing to be on the roster to get paid via base salary.

OK time to kill me

Nobody is trading that much for Tyrod.

But MAJBobby claims to have a friend who is part of a "west coast" NFL team that said that they'd gladly trade something for him if the Bills are going to let him go.

Then he seemed upset about Kelly and Baalke getting canned in SF..........so maybe the deal he was making is off the table. :lol:

Here's my ranking of our top trade bait:

1. Dareus - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  2. Gilmore - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  3. Watkins - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  4. Taylor - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  5. Darby - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  6. Glenn - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  7. Lawson - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  8. Miller - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  9. Kouandjio - age 23 (possible 3rd round)
  10. J. Hughes - age 28 (possible 4th round)