Trade senario

Someone called into JM show today and suggested a sigh and trade for TT. I like the idea.if you were Cleveland would you give up the number 12 pick for TT and Hughes? That would give us 40-60mill and the 10 and 12 pick.sign Alexander to replace Hughes, at a much lower #. Maybe trade down with the 10th pick for extra picks.. this senario frees up a ton of $ and allows for a lot of flexibility in the draft.

I would also move Glenn to RT and Kwanjo to LT so Oline isn't a huge need. Sign Gilmore or use the tag, so CB isn't a huge need. And we could have a lot of picks for BPA. Also DW would have the money to resign key free agents (Brown, Gilly) and money to sign more lesser known free agents he seems to always find.

Also the money to get a #2 wr Like Woods or A Jeffrey.

OK time to kill me

I would not hate this, but the issue is if we do this we are almost certainly looking at at least a year or two before we even think about the playoffs again, and that is assuming we hit on a QB in THIS draft which isn't exactly ripe with great prospects. We wont find a better QB in FA this year as the only good QB is Cousins and I just can't see the Redskins letting him leave.

The draft this year doesnt have any QB to really get excited about, certainly no stud prospect. We likely don't find a QB of the future until next draft, they still need a time to develop and we are looking at potentially contending 3 years from now at best and that is assuming the guy we got next year developed quickly in his first 2 years into a good QB. By then we are staring down the barrel of 20 years no playoffs, McCoy set to retire or retired, Kyle gone, Richie retiring, Wood being done or near done, etc.

We have a team that can win next year with a few of the right pieces added in and our good players staying on the field for once and not hurt/suspended. TT can lead us there and with Shaq and Rags coming in healthy next season plus what ever we add in FA and the draft to our D, we could see a playoff birth next season.

So I just don't know if its worth blowing the team up right now. I would like this more if it was a scenario that included Hughes, but not Taylor.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I either want the Bills to be a playoff team or at the bottom of the league to get high draft picks. During the playoff drought, the Bills have averaged drafting between 8-13 and what good has it done for them?

The Bills problem has not been draft position, it's been the people making the selections.

I don't see us being able to trade any of our big name players due to the retarded contracts that the Bills handed out. Most personnel are avoiding us like the plague and I would suspect that teams would too. Dare us is 1 strike away with a massive contract and **** for brains. We're stuck with him, like it or not. Why would a team trade for Gilmore, he's walking this off season unless we tag him and I don't believe that the Bills are willing to lock up that kind of money on him, especially the way his season went, personally I don't think that it was too impressive. They can just deal with him directly in FA. Hughes, teams like DE/OLB with speed and even though we could probably get out from his contract in a trade but the guy plays out of control, one never knows what he is going to do, he's got quite the temper. We can't tear down our OL, matter of fact we need more of them not less.

I hate being the bearer of bad news but we're screwed. First we need to get a HC and a competent coaching staff in here to try and stop this bleeding and start stabilizing this roster, it's on the verge of spinning out of control. If things keep on going in the direction that we have been heading then you can expect that Watkins won't want to be here and he won't re-sign. I wouldn't be shocked if McCoy will eventually want out in time as well, he really didn't to be here to begin with. Hopefully Kyle doesn't want to retire and I would love to have Aaron come back as well but let's face it that guy needs to retire before he becomes permanently paralyzed. Eric Wood is the last true Bill but after he got injured the Bills may have come to the conclusion that he might be expendable. We need leaders folks and due to one. Ircumstance or another we don't have anybody. Trades are great but it takes two to tango and another bad franchise (Cleveland) isn't going to hitch their wagon to another pitiful franchise (Bills). They don't have to, they purged their roster, got a bright energetic offensive minded HC and stockpiled a shitload of picks. They don't need us, we need them and all we can do is to hope that they would be stupid enough to deal with us. Sorry but it ain't gonna happen. Our best bet is that we pull off one hell of a draft and that will only work is if we get the right guy in here to coach this embarrassing tesm.

Go Bills???

I would, he only plays hard in spurts. And is obviously trouble in the locker room. He had issues with Marone and Rex.

if that's true, why would cleveland want him?

I either want the Bills to be a playoff team or at the bottom of the league to get high draft picks. During the playoff drought, the Bills have averaged drafting between 8-13 and what good has it done for them?

Other examples are the Bucs and Titans. They sucked, got too draft picks and now have franchise QB's [Mariota and Winston]. And don't give me the crap that franchise QB's can be found in any round, because if that were the case, there would be 32 franchise QB's in the NFL.

No there wouldn't, it just means that the ones that are franchise QB's could have been found in any round(tom brady). It doesn't mean that every team would have drafted one. Come on.

Here's my ranking of our top trade bait:

1. Dareus - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  2. Gilmore - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  3. Watkins - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  4. Taylor - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  5. Darby - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  6. Glenn - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  7. Lawson - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  8. Miller - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  9. Kouandjio - age 23 (possible 3rd round)
  10. J. Hughes - age 28 (possible 4th round)

Why would you trade these players. Do you have an idea who would take their places? And do you seriously think the Bills would trade Sammy for a 2nd round pick?

Edited by klos63

Someone called into JM show today and suggested a sigh and trade for TT. I like the idea.if you were Cleveland would you give up the number 12 pick for TT and Hughes? That would give us 40-60mill and the 10 and 12 pick.sign Alexander to replace Hughes, at a much lower #. Maybe trade down with the 10th pick for extra picks.. this senario frees up a ton of $ and allows for a lot of flexibility in the draft.

I would also move Glenn to RT and Kwanjo to LT so Oline isn't a huge need. Sign Gilmore or use the tag, so CB isn't a huge need. And we could have a lot of picks for BPA. Also DW would have the money to resign key free agents (Brown, Gilly) and money to sign more lesser known free agents he seems to always find.

Also the money to get a #2 wr Like Woods or A Jeffrey.

OK time to kill me

I like your optimism. Agree with Glenn to RT. Gilmore I agree with for the right $. Trading down from 10 to get an extra pick I would not mind at all.

The TT portion of the trade I don't think is viable. The Browns are in re-building mode for a while. Because they have a lot of picks don't mean they will all pan out or that enough will play good enough to make an impact right away. They have a lot of holes. They need to take a young QB who can grow with the rest of their young players. If they trade for anything I can see them trading for offensive linemen who are young-ish. The Oline is an area that ages better than most positions and gives value to the young skill position players who would be on the field.

I know they have a lot of money under the cap though so perhaps they can convince enough players to take their money, but we shall see. Hughes, I don't think the Bills will want to trade. If the next coach is a Defensive minded guy Hughes will be one of the pieces he will want to get back to normal, along with Dareus.

Here's my ranking of our top trade bait:

1. Dareus - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  2. Gilmore - age 26 (possible 1st round)
  3. Watkins - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  4. Taylor - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  5. Darby - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  6. Glenn - age 27 (possible 2nd round)
  7. Lawson - age 22 (possible 2nd round)
  8. Miller - age 23 (possible 2nd round)
  9. Kouandjio - age 23 (possible 3rd round)
  10. J. Hughes - age 28 (possible 4th round)

That's all young talent. You can't be suggesting they trade those players? If Cleveland had that list they would be closer to coming out of their rebuild than they are now by far. What the Bills need to do is build on those names.

Edited by purple haze

I disagree with just about everything you are suggesting here!!

I would keep TT (and Hughes). Keep Glenn as is at LT, as he is making LT money and is good there. Let Gilmore and Woods walk.

What does money have with it, we get better with Cordy at RT and Cujo at Left that's all that should matter

Cleveland isn't going to do something that stupid. They've been shedding salary and stockpiling draftpicks for a reason - actually it's part of a coherent strategy.

The strategy is simple, convince your fans you are terrible on purpose instead of terrible on accident and you get 4 years worth of paychecks instead of 2 or 3.

He's carrying the whole team. Its working great for them actually. The guy is still elite. Without him they're cleveland

100% Agree, replace Luck with TT as their QB and they would be the 49ers...

Not in a trade. We would be free and clear

Not really true.. Would accelerate his signing Bonus. So there would be Dead Money for Hughes and Taylor

Nobody is trading that much for Tyrod.

But MAJBobby claims to have a friend who is part of a "west coast" NFL team that said that they'd gladly trade something for him if the Bills are going to let him go.

Then he seemed upset about Kelly and Baalke getting canned in SF..........so maybe the deal he was making is off the table. :lol:

I was never upset about Kelly or Baalke getting canned.

And all my friend said is If The Bills were going to let TT walk have the Bills call their GM. (meaning there is talent there that maybe I just don't see)