Mario Williams to be cut by Dolphins in offseason

YoloinOhio

Why? He's no longer a productive player

as a bench player he is better than most of the league bench players when he wants to be... if I'm a GM. I ask if he wants to play football. I sign him on incentive if so. I cut my losses and grow the balls Rex Ryan doesn't have if he plays his games.

On what basis is he even in the HOF discussion? For a number one overall pick, his career was largely disappointing.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/sacks_career.htm

You are correct...#34....not HOF for a pass rusher, non leader, non-champion. Elvis Dumervil has him beat and they entered the league same year.

He however must be #1 all-time for $'s earned/sack.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

When personnel guys started thinking it was more loss of explosion rather than loss of motivation and attitude, I was incredulous at first and quick to pin it all on him just deciding to quit. But it became clear he has lost the explosive athleticism that made him such a force. I think he's done.

On what basis is he even in the HOF discussion? For a number one overall pick, his career was largely disappointing.

I think he had a pretty great career, all in all. You can't say he was a bust, and he was one of the top 3 players at his position, most years of his career. I would guess (without actually doing it), if you pulled up a list of #1 overall draft picks over the last 30 years, Mario would rank in the upper half. Not sure that makes him a HOFer (never really on a winning team, no real signature moments that anyone remembers if not a Texans or Bills fan), but he has had a good career.

Edited by Buftex

as a bench player he is better than most of the league bench players when he wants to be... if I'm a GM. I ask if he wants to play football. I sign him on incentive if so. I cut my losses and grow the balls Rex Ryan doesn't have if he plays his games.

No he's not. Bench players still need to be effective , even off the bench. He's had 2 years in a row that he wasn't deserving of any playing time. Wouldn't waste my time with him.

Yes, I do. I think he lost interest in the game in 2015 and has no motivation to regain it.

You could be right on the motivation but it seemed more like self preservation to me. I think he can still play but he's selfish enough to just want to leave the game unharmed, JMO.

You could be right on the motivation but it seemed more like self preservation to me. I think he can still play but he's selfish enough to just want to leave the game unharmed, JMO.

If that's being selfish, then there is nothing wrong with being selfish. Why would someone not want to leave the game unharmed?

But wait...it was such a huge mistake by Whaley to cut him as it only made more holes we had to fill in the draft with guys like Shaq. I mean so many said so over and over again that it was Rex that made him not good and that we were dumb for cutting him. #ThanksObama