Kim Pegula Weighs In

Harbaugh for the Ravens was a special teams coach when he was hired.

Marv Levy was a special teams coach for KC when Polian selected him to be the Bills HC.

Damn. I never knew that.

And I'm glad to see you're posting after cutting off three toes!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know a waste of time when i see one, and in this case i'm staring at a loudmouth on the internet demanding someone refute his claim that jared goff is "highly regarded young qb"

He was the first pick in the MOST RECENT draft! :lol:

Do this.......next time you think you have something intelligent to offer.......kick it around with "What a Tuel" first.

If true.. THIS BLOWS.... Wasn't he a running backs coach like 5 freakin' minutes ago? Goin' from that to HC is quite a leap... Too much of a leap IMWO.

As much of a leap as going from special teams coach to CB coach to HC? A recent SB winner did just that.

He's been coaching in the league for 17 years now and under some respected HCs along the way. Also played for some good coaches before that.

Marv Levy was a special teams coach for KC when Polian selected him to be the Bills HC.

He was a special teams coach of the Redskins. Then was a HC in the CFL for like five years. Then was hired by Chiefs as HC. But he was never an OC or DC I don't think.

@SalSports

Kim Pegula: "I believe in continuity and really wanted to make that happen. But, we just realized team wasn't going in direction we wanted"

And this is all Whaley had to say was: "It was a private conversation between Terry and Rex. All I know is that everyone wanted continuity and really hoped this would work out; in the end they felt the team wasn't going in the direction they wanted and felt it was best to move on."

Case closed...

Damn. I never knew that.

And I'm glad to see you're posting after cutting off three toes!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's only been one week since I made my proclamation of a toe a week. So far it is 9 toes and counting. That old basturd better get off his wrinkled arse and post before I end up walking with a noticeable wobble.

Edited by JohnC

In one season? -Who was that?

Didn't happen in one season. Was that the qualifier? He was a ST coach for nine years and then a CB coach for one year and then became HC of the Ravens after that one season as CB coach.

In terms of previous NFL coaching experience, Lynn had far more.

If I owned the Bills, I would have off season evaluations and sit in on the meetings. I would discuss the candidates my GM wanted to bring in for the interviews. I would want to stay apprised of all developments, I would make my thoughts on every bit of it well known, and then I would let my GM pick his guy and 95% chance sign off. The only difference between that and what the Pegulas are doing is I would probably have a larger list of candidates I didn't want.

It actually sounded like that's what they did last time except that meathead Brandon ran in and told them not to let Ryan leave the building! And Whaley didn't have the brains or the guts to say, what a second, didn't he just coach the only team we've been able to trounce the past two years! Pegulas hired Ryan but they were sold him by somebody or somebodies at the time judging from all the comments and everyone, especially Brandon, trying to take credit for the hiring.

Didn't happen in one season. Was that the qualifier? He was a ST coach for nine years and then a CB coach for one year and then became HC of the Ravens after that one season as CB coach.

In terms of previous NFL coaching experience, Lynn had far more.

Too much, too soon... If I end up eating those words, I'm fine with it... HC is a bit much for Lynn at this point...I really wasn't that impressed with him as a coordinator, TBH...

Edited by #34fan

Too much, too soon... If I end up eating those words, I'm fine with it... HC is a bit much for Lynn at this point...I really wasn't that impressed with him as a coordinator, TBH...

How impressed were you with John Harbaugh as a one year CB coach for the Eagles before he became HC for the Ravens?

I lived in Maryland at the time and there were people scratching their heads as well. And that makes sense. Point is, you never really know how a guy is going to fill a role until he's in it.

Lynn wasn't perfect as OC, nobody is, and I'm still scratching my head about the call to Bush vs. Miami. But overall, he did a pretty good job, especially with the fife and drum corp he trotted out at receiver most of the year. His run schemes are elite. And he comes from a good coaching tree, excluding Rex. Also highly recommended by the likes of Parcells, too. We could do worse, I think.

Marv had been a special teams coach, but not for KC he was the head coach at KC and was fired. Then went to Montreal and USFL. Was unemployed for two years before becoming Bills HC.

Marv had been a special teams coach, but not for KC he was the head coach at KC and was fired. Then went to Montreal and USFL. Was unemployed for two years before becoming Bills HC.

I can't begin to image the uproar had TSW existed in 1986 when Ralph made that penny pinching decision.

Lynn wasn't perfect as OC, nobody is, and I'm still scratching my head about the call to Bush vs. Miami. But overall, he did a pretty good job, especially with the fife and drum corp he trotted out at receiver most of the year. His run schemes are elite. And he comes from a good coaching tree, excluding Rex. Also highly recommended by the likes of Parcells, too. We could do worse, I think.

Lynn's run schemes or Roman's?

Edited by LabattBlue

Lynn's run schemes or Roman's?

Fair point. I think Roman's are elite as well. Lynn tweaked some things, used a lot more read based stuff, and did more work between the tackles it seemed to me. And that 5.3 ypc is rare air.

Well at least you've addressed a point I've actually made. Good start.

These guys aren't deaf and blind. If they only hear negative things about Buffalo for years and years on end, about its dysfunction, losing culture etc etc, I can't imagine they'd be too excited to come here. It's human nature.

I'm not saying it's end all be all, but I think it's ridiculous to say if the choice is between a better run organization and this one all other things being equal, that's not gonna make a difference.

I think negativity about a team is Way down on the list for these kids. I am sure things like 24-hr partying in NYC vs sleep town Buffalo, snowy Buffalo vs Sunny California, High Tax NY vs No-Income-Tax Texas are all much higher on their list than snide remarks from the media.

I think negativity about a team is Way down on the list for these kids. I am sure things like 24-hr partying in NYC vs sleep town Buffalo, snowy Buffalo vs Sunny California, High Tax NY vs No-Income-Tax Texas are all much higher on their list than snide remarks from the media.

Sure maybe. But compare going to GB versus Buffalo. Winning tradition in a stable and prestigious franchise versus us.