HC candidate Kris Richard interviewing 1/8

YoloinOhio

That and the fact that TT moved the ball up and down on that defense pretty much all game

No amount of planning can stop the play he made onthat 3rd and 22 or whatever it was on that final drive. Unfortunately the flip side of it is that he couldn't get the TD with four tries from the 10. But the key is that the big play he made is the product of natural ability, while the red zone abilities can be coached (of course the blocking, playcalling, etc also all had an influence on the outcome too).

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same capacity as QB coach or an expanded role. Aside from Russell Wilson, are there others he's developed?

As the OC. He's worked with Russell, as you said. He was the QB coach at USC with Leinart when he won the Heisman. He was the OC for 3 years in Jacksonville with David Garrard and Byron Leftwich (and Fred Taylor at RB), they were top 10 in yards and scoring 2 of those 3 years. And he was in NE in '97 with Bledsoe. He was with the Saints for a decade before that.

Pete Carroll on Kris Richard as a head-coaching candidate: "I think Kris is a remarkable coach. I've been with him since he was a player, so I've watched him really truly grow up as a coach. He was a GA for us at USC, then was hired on here. He's an extraordinary coach because he relates so well. He's so smart. He's a brilliant guy. He handles schemes and adjustments and situations and players and things in extraordinary fashion. He has a very strong philosophy, very clear about what he wants to do and how he wants it to go. He's tough. He's got a real toughness about him that makes him unique. He's not just going to tap guys on the back and hope they do well. He's going to direct them, motivate them, relate to them. I think he's an amazing candidate for when the time comes, and I don't think it's too far off."

ESPN

Pete Carroll on Kris Richard as a head-coaching candidate: "I think Kris is a remarkable coach. I've been with him since he was a player, so I've watched him really truly grow up as a coach. He was a GA for us at USC, then was hired on here. He's an extraordinary coach because he relates so well. He's so smart. He's a brilliant guy. He handles schemes and adjustments and situations and players and things in extraordinary fashion. He has a very strong philosophy, very clear about what he wants to do and how he wants it to go. He's tough. He's got a real toughness about him that makes him unique. He's not just going to tap guys on the back and hope they do well. He's going to direct them, motivate them, relate to them. I think he's an amazing candidate for when the time comes, and I don't think it's too far off."

ESPN

Hmm. I hope they gave him a real interview and not the brief chat on the tarmac they allegedly gave one of the Seahawks coordinators last year.

He reminds me very much of when Mike Tomlin was hired by Pittsburgh. If you recall, Tomlin was a green behind the ears coach with a lot of energy who dcoordinated a top notch defense(Minnesota). A lot of people thought Tomlin was just the Rooney Rule guy for the Steelers and not a serious candidate then everyone was shocked when he was hired

Of course he also took over a team with Big Ben that won the Super Bowl the month before ...

So from everything I've read about this guy he sounds like a great coach and sounds like the best option. Though I like Lynn, I'm not positive he is ready and would love for him to stick as the OC if Richard is named HC. Love the rugby tackling idea and seems to be an energetic guy. Sign me up for Richard as HC, Lynn as OC, Tyrod as QB.

Also I bet if we hire Richard we pop a safety at #10. Malik Hooker anyone??

Chances are sky high he won't be there...And chances are pretty good Adams won't either...Safeties like those two are SO hard to find nowadays...Though they are VERY different players...What they do well they do REALLY well... B-)

Chances are sky high he won't be there...And chances are pretty good Adams won't either...Safeties like those two are SO hard to find nowadays...Though they are VERY different players...What they do well they do REALLY well... B-)

Guess we're just have to settle for Jabrill. B-) Or just pick Mike Williams that's fine with me.

Guess we're just have to settle for Jabrill. B-) Or just pick Mike Williams that's fine with me.

I'm so intrigued with Peppers...I think the folks that are downgrading him because he does not have a pure position are nuts...He's a weapon on Defense...

I fully expect Williams to be gone in the top 9...I think the comparisons to AJ Green are fair in his case...If he were to fall to #10 I would throw a party!!! B-)

The Essence of Kris Richard

Idk anything about his stats though i hear they're good. But i would hire this guy based on this video alone lol. Love his energy. Love his personality.

Im just going off of personality so dont mind me. I just would love to see this guy react on the sidelines when good things happen on the field.

Idk anything about his stats though i hear they're good. But i would hire this guy based on this video alone lol. Love his energy. Love his personality.

Im just going off of personality so dont mind me. I just would love to see this guy react on the sidelines when good things happen on the field.

That's Mike Tomlin 2.0...hire this man immediately.

Yeh he wouldn't just stand there w his hands on his hips w a dumb look on his face if he was angry. He might actually have a talk w Jerry Hughes after his third offsides penalty in a game. I can honestly say I don't think I once saw Rex talk to any players on the sidelines in 2 years other than to celebrate. I certainly never saw him discipline a player by talking to him or any other method during a game.