• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A little warm-up for tomorrow's presser:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/01/jerry-sullivan-whaleys-team-no-show-finale/

"So when you get down to it, this has been Whaley's team, his show, for four seasons. He should be judged accordingly. If the Pegulas send him out there alone to take the bullets on Monday, maybe it's because he deserves it." :thumbsup:

Can you be anymore predictable Sully. Probably not

Where is he wrong about this years team receiving negligible help from his entire draft class? What the hell do we call a failure if this is someone's idea of a success at the GM position?

I really hope it's Coughlin for HC with a guaranteed advisor role to Pegs upon retirement from the sidelines. That puts DW right where he belongs - hot seat.

No 70 year olds

Had to laugh about Sunday being the cartoon before the main feature (Mondays press conference). I don't expect to hear anything of real substance. A thorough search for the next head coach and blah blah blah. Whaley is like a white noise machine.

Woods can play. He's definitely not a number one, but he'd excel at a place like GB. He's a good route runner. He is so outta here though.

I agree he is solid and not a #1. He is a guy that has value on a team like this that seems short on guys that know how or have the desire to win. His effort was consistent and he played with a passion that I will miss watching. Woods is a guy who seems to get smaller the farther he goes down the field, he can be replaced but the WR position was terribly mismanaged last season they should have a rookie like Boyd, Fuller heading into their second year.

Good luck Woods!

Key passage in an excellent column:

"Robert Woods, another of the 23 free agents, is telling people he's out of here. If those two leave, it means the Bills will have no one left from the 2013 draft. The Bills would be quick to remind us that Buddy Nix was GM at the time."

Thanks for posting this, Rico.

:thumbsup:

its not even about money with him, it is simply about a better run organization.

i'd love to see Woods go to Dallas. His run blocking, being a good #2/3 there, he would succeed and be vital.

Woods would be great on Dallas. He'd also fit in with Pittsburgh or Green Bay pretty well. Great hands, routes, team player, etc. Hard to blame him. He's a clear #2 on a team with an actual QB. But, if he doesn't want to be here, then as a Bills fan I must say FU!!!

Woods would be great on Dallas. He'd also fit in with Pittsburgh or Green Bay pretty well. Great hands, routes, team player, etc. Hard to blame him. He's a clear #2 on a team with an actual QB. But, if he doesn't want to be here, then as a Bills fan I must say FU!!!

With Dez, Williams, and Beasley I don't see a need in DAL.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm confused.

Buddy Nix is to blame for everything bad, but just a short time ago he was a respected, solid football man we were lucky to have advising the team who we should thank for a number of solid picks that loaded this team up with so much talent.

Personally I always found him to be impossible to take seriously, but it's funny how quickly the company line changes.

Exactly right. It is Whaley's job and he knows a hell of a lot about what goes into the decisions that are made than Sullivan or us. He's been in a front office position for more than 10 years and he knows his job. The biggest failure that I can see from Whaley is hiring Rex Ryan and my guess is that was not entirely his call. I would bet money that Rex interviews well and says all of the right things. All of the front office bought into his BS, not just Whaley, it was Brandon and ownership as well. It was a bad decision and set us back another two years. This is a good team that was poorly coached and ill prepared on game days. That falls squarely on the shoulders of the HC.

Great Post! The buck stops with the HC.

I'm confused.

Buddy Nix is to blame for everything bad, but just a short time ago he was a respected, solid football man we were lucky to have advising the team who we should thank for a number of solid picks that loaded this team up with so much talent.

Personally I always found him to be impossible to take seriously, but it's funny how quickly the company line changes.

I always thought Nix was awful.

Full of half truths And lies. The biggest the Bills could be in the hook for the 30 million dollar bonus . Untrue

They got a world class speedster wide receiver in the 6th round because he was injured. Then he says the owns don't want to face the media a deal with legit criticism , when it comes from him it is far free m legitament