Sully: Doug Whaley's team a no-show in finale

Rico

Key passage in an excellent column:

"Robert Woods, another of the 23 free agents, is telling people he's out of here. If those two leave, it means the Bills will have no one left from the 2013 draft. The Bills would be quick to remind us that Buddy Nix was GM at the time."

Thanks for posting this, Rico.

Where's the quote. Why not use Woods own words for such a big statement?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Woods will flourish elsewhere.

Admit it......you thought SJ13 and CJ Spiller were going to flourish elsewhere too......c'mon. :flirt:

I laughed heartily at those sentiments on this forum. And was right. Per usual.

I think Woods will be ok in an offense where he will be a better fit but "flourish" sounds like 100 catches 1000+ yards and 10 TD's.

That AIN'T happening.......Aaron Rodgers couldn't do that for Bob Woods........and GB doesn't pay #2 WR.

In fact.......it will be interesting to see who chooses to pay Bob.......my guess is that the teams with the QB that could make him come closest to "flourishing" won't have interest at the asking price.

What kinda' production numbers you talkin' bout when you say flourishing?

Show of hands...who's upset they lost? Are you upset that they will draft at 10 instead of 15 too?

No one can say it out loud but Whaley and Lynn tanked this game. They did the right thing. They did what Bucky and Sully would write about after worthless end-of-season wins in the past.

Show of hands...who's upset they lost? Are you upset that they will draft at 10 instead of 15 too?

No one can say it out loud but Whaley and Lynn tanked this game. They did the right thing. They did what Bucky and Sully would write about after worthless end-of-season wins in the past.

the Jets tried to compete, but we out-did them. Smart moves all around. TT, draft, etc.

Admit it......you thought SJ13 and CJ Spiller were going to flourish elsewhere too......c'mon. :flirt:

I laughed heartily at those sentiments on this forum. And was right. Per usual.

I think Woods will be ok in an offense where he will be a better fit but "flourish" sounds like 100 catches 1000+ yards and 10 TD's.

That AIN'T happening.......Aaron Rodgers couldn't do that for Bob Woods........and GB doesn't pay #2 WR.

In fact.......it will be interesting to see who chooses to pay Bob.......my guess is that the teams with the QB that could make him come closest to "flourishing" won't have interest at the asking price.

What kinda' production numbers you talkin' bout when you say flourishing?

I've never understood the love for Woods here either. I like his effort and grit but he's an average #2 at best; easily replaceable. I can't see paying him $9-$10M / yr like people were advocating in an earlier thread.

My head is going to explode, I actually agree with some of what Sullen has to say:

"That's when it really hit me how poor a job General Manager Doug Whaley has done building an NFL roster through the draft, and how little he did to help Rex Ryan in his second and, ultimately, final season as the Bills' head coach. . . .

That's a pretty miserable effort. And while things could get better down the road, it flies in the face of the notion – pushed by Whaley and team ownership – that he gave Ryan some kind of playoff roster this season.

Well, Ryan is gone. The team that failed to show up against the Jets for Lynn is Whaley's baby now. It's all on him. No one else to blame for all the misguided moves and financially bloated roster that bumbled its way to a 17th straight non-playoff season. "

My head is going to explode, I actually agree with some of what Sullen has to say:

"That's when it really hit me how poor a job General Manager Doug Whaley has done building an NFL roster through the draft, and how little he did to help Rex Ryan in his second and, ultimately, final season as the Bills' head coach. . . .

That's a pretty miserable effort. And while things could get better down the road, it flies in the face of the notion – pushed by Whaley and team ownership – that he gave Ryan some kind of playoff roster this season.

Well, Ryan is gone. The team that failed to show up against the Jets for Lynn is Whaley's baby now. It's all on him. No one else to blame for all the misguided moves and financially bloated roster that bumbled its way to a 17th straight non-playoff season. "

First three picks all defense in last draft. Signed Zach Brown and Lorenzo Alexander. Is Sully suggesting Whaley whacked Ragland's knee to get Rex fired?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

First three picks all defense in last draft. Signed Zach Brown and Lorenzo Alexander. Is Sully suggesting Whaley whacked Ragland's knee to get Rex fired?

Instead, he whacked Rex even though Rex did not get much help . . . or understanding (given injuries etc.)

I saw this on twitter.

Doug Whaley's reaction when the Pegulas asked him who is to blame:

https://twitter.com/Bu4LoSoldier20/status/814500007135113216

This also may have been the secret video of Doug blaming others in his call with Jason LaCanfora. Not sure.

Edited by Peter

Instead, he whacked Rex even though Rex did not get much help . . . or understanding (given injuries etc.)

I saw this on twitter.

This also may have been the secret video of Doug blaming others in his call with Jason LaCanfora. Not sure.

i don't care where you stand on DW but Rex !@#$ing sucked.

I saw this on twitter.

That is pure GOLD!

I like the one below it too, two geniuses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is pure GOLD!

I like the one below it too, two geniuses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is Doug before he started pushing the narrative that he was in the bathroom when Buddy misread Doug's Draft Board that had EJ as a fourth round selection:

Edited by Peter