Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

Honestly, how many teams are going to pay Tyrod $20 million dollars?

Not saying these teams would pay, but i think we have a better QB situation with TT than these teams do.

Jets, Browns, Jax, Denver, Vikings, Bears, Rams, SF, Houston, and maybe AZ- Palmer will be done either this year or next, Chargers- Rivers still valuable, but had a horrible run down the stretch.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As for "camp Tyrod" making up this injury, that's complete BS. I don't doubt he's injured at all as its been reported already. When it comes down to being medically cleared in March, with millions on the line, Tyrod won't be able to "fake" that injury. The Bills will make sure of that.

Tyrod wins either way. He doesn't have to fake anything. If the Bills pass, 3-5 teams will be all over him in free agency.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How much was Osweiler paid? TT's body of work is much better than Osweiler's.

All I want to know is:

1. Is TT not playing this week b/c we are eliminated and he is injured; or

2. Is TT not playing this week b/c of the injury clause in his contract and we don't yet have a HC hired; or

3. Is TT no playing this week b/c of both #1 and #2 and the Bills don't want his injury to get even more aggravated, causing him to require surgery and forcing a new HC/the Bills to be married to TT.

It shouldn't be that difficult to get a straight answer. There's nothing wrong with the Bills coming out and flat out saying something like: "We will wait until a HC is hired before making a final determination on players" End of any questions there.

As for "camp Tyrod" making up this injury, that's complete BS. I don't doubt he's injured at all as its been reported already. When it comes down to being medically cleared in March, with millions on the line, Tyrod won't be able to "fake" that injury. The Bills will make sure of that.

He definitely injured his groin - that was reported. He has his critics, but the guy is a true gamer. He plays through pain.

He is FAR better than anyone Houston has. GOod teams cut bait when they realize the guy the signed - in this case Osweiler - stinks. We'll see if Houston is one of those teams. Something tells me that O'Brien now has more juice than the GM there and will be more able to get his way.

OK - gotcha. Thanks. Shoulder/elbow too. But certainly not a groin.

Yeah something major that the team Drs say will cause him to miss games in 2017. Then the INJ Guarantees kick in.

Actually also in a wash (except cap space) not Money because Bills took insurance against the contract as well.

The problem is that they are saddled with Osweiler's contract next year. To cut Osweiler and sign Tyrod would mean allocating like $30-$40M to the QB position...

The cap is going way up and it may be the case that they can bear it for a year. I don't know their cap situation, however.

The problem is that they are saddled with Osweiler's contract next year. To cut Osweiler and sign Tyrod would mean allocating like $30-$40M to the QB position...

I'd also add that BO's failings might scare other teams for big time qb deals.

A qb doesn't hit the open market unless there are big flaws. Also, BO fits the mold of a franchise qb more than Tyrod.

I'd also add that BO's failings might scare other teams for big time qb deals.

A qb doesn't hit the open market unless there are big flaws. Also, BO fits the mold of a franchise qb more than Tyrod.

Yeah, but Tyrod is very clearly better. I was deeply unimpressed with Osweiler in Denver, and he has the look now of a career loser. I really dislike his game. Taylor, whatever his flaws, would be a definite upgrade.

If TT's groin injury is an issue (where surgery is even on the table), it makes even more sense to not start him this week. There is absolutely nothing to gain from an performance evaluation perspective from the Bills playing the Jets this week. Hire a new HC in the next couple of weeks, and you have until March to pick up the option.

I'm not following along with the uproar here, what am I missing?

Other teams need a qb that can't pass ?

He doesn't win when he's cut without 27.5 big ones headed his way.

Knock it off with your tired take. You and MAJBobby have achieved a record for subverting threads on this board. And yes, while he isn't the best passer, his "points floor" or whatever you want to call it is much higher than any other FA QB who will be available this offseason.

Yeah, but Tyrod is very clearly better. I was deeply unimpressed with Osweiler in Denver, and he has the look now of a career loser. I really dislike his game. Taylor, whatever his flaws, would be a definite upgrade.

After next year they can cut bait with Osweiler right? Then if OBrien has the sway he would want Jimmy G. Because again he is running a Patriot style Offense and Jimmy has shown he can be successful in it. Also Jimmy is cheap for next year and if he works out you the. Sign him to a big contact and cut Osweiler. If he doesn't you cut bait and just lose the pick(s) you traded for him. They need a cheap option if they are done with Osweiler.

I found this interesting:

Brees completed 59 percent of his passes for 5,747 yards, 31 touchdowns and 33 interceptions over his first 29 starts. Taylor completed 63 percent of his passes for 6,058 yards, 37 TDs and 14 interceptions for the Bills. Both quarterbacks are about the same size. Brees learned to use the middle of the field, a knock against Taylor.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/28/bucky-gleason-conflicted-taylors-future-bills-join-club/

I wouldn't mind if Tyrod comes back. When Marrone left I wanted Darrell Bevel hoping he'd leave the Defense in place. Now I hope someone will leave the Offense in place and fix the Defense. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Knock it off with your tired take. You and MAJBobby have achieved a record for subverting threads on this board. And yes, while he isn't the best passer, his "points floor" or whatever you want to call it is much higher than any other FA QB who will be available this offseason.

Hey a call out. Thanks appreciate the publicity

You're welcome. You're single-handedly ruining this message board, so congrats.

MAJBobby joined in 09/2016 and has managed to have +3,000 posts on TT in that stretch. That has to be a record. It's brutal b/c he does appear to have football knowledge, but his fixation on TT is to the point of being mentally unstable. Perhaps he's Cardale Jones. :)

Possibly but how much is his upgrade, which i probably think is smaller than you, worth?

Also, Bill O'Brien would totally have to transform his offense.

As crazy as it is to say, most qb needy teams aren't going to be an upgrade over what Tyrod had in Buffalo. Only if Denver or Houston goes after him, will a team probably not be disappointed.

I found this interesting:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/28/bucky-gleason-conflicted-taylors-future-bills-join-club/

I wouldn't mind if Tyrod comes back. When Marrone left I wanted Darrell Bevel hoping he'd leave the Defense in place. Now I hope someone will leave the Offense in place and fix the Defense. Don't fix what isn't broken.

In fairness, Brees played in a completely different NFL with completely different rules. He's also a much different qb than Tyrod.

Put it this way, if Tyrod was half of the passer that Brees is, we aren't having this discussion.