Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This injury guarantee is sketchy as all hell. So if he can't pass a physical he gets 30 million or 27!? Whatever it is? Coming off an injuried groin or surgery wouldn't it be easy to manipulate that?

If he cant pass a physical by the team and the team DR think he misses the start of the season with it.

At this point think ACL

Possibilities:

Denver

San Francisco

Jacksonville

Cleveland

Kansas City (Reid would have his McNabb 2.0)

If new coach says move on fine. Trade to them. If you are SO convinced that many teams will bid over 20M for TT. Get the 1st and 3rd from them

im kind of confused by the exit strategy part. If he's injured, doesn't it mean they have to pick up the option? And he's staying? If they have to pay him the guranteed money anyway why would they cut him/decline the option? Or am I misunderstanding the contract...

Only if he's still injured on March 9th. Grade 3 groin injury typically 6-8 weeks to heal, and TT may have lower-grade injury.

If he needs surgery, 8-12 weeks recovery and surgery usually wouldn't be performed unless the injury isn't improving with some period of rest.

By my count, March 9th 10 1/2 weeks from last Sunday.

And I agree with you, if the Bills have to pay TT anyway, they will pick up the option and keep him.

I guess my point is that there are 100-150 plays in a game each week. Easy to scapegoat the kicker for a single kick, and ignore any number of key plays in a game that make up the difference between winning and losing.

The thing about the Miami game is that he missed two kicks and had two terrible low-and-short kickoffs that were returned to the 40 (with the final one of these being the killer). Cumulatively, they cost the team the game.

Edited by dave mcbride

Possibilities:

Denver

San Francisco

Jacksonville

Cleveland

Kansas City (Reid would have his McNabb 2.0)

I don't think Denver bails on Lynch and would be more likely to draft a guy. No way KC bails on Smith for the lesser version of him.

Cleveland and Jacksonville could be possibly but they would be setting themselves up for big time failure.

You could be right on some of teams but I think his market is a lot smaller than he probably believes. Especially any team that has played against him and know his flaws. He is pretty easy to defense most of the time.

Good afternoon PatsFan I hope the Dolphins whoop your behinds this week. Happy new year!!! Don't choke!!

Game doesn't really matter for us.. still have a week off before their first playoff game... something the Bills would be fighting for with a decent kicker...

The thing about the Miami game is that he missed two kicks and had two terrible low-and-short kickoffs that were returned to the 40 (with the final one of these being the killer). Cumulatively, they cost the team the game.

You mean the two Miami games where Carpenter blew all his tackling assignments allowing Ajayi to run wild? ;)

Only if he's still injured on March 9th. Grade 3 groin injury typically 6-8 weeks to heal, and TT may have lower-grade injury.

If he needs surgery, 8-12 weeks recovery and surgery usually wouldn't be performed unless the injury isn't improving with some period of rest.

By my count, March 9th 10 1/2 weeks from last Sunday.

And I agree with you, if the Bills have to pay TT anyway, they will pick up the option and keep him.

So the Guarantees dont kick in. HAS TO MISS GAMES

Honestly, how many teams are going to pay Tyrod $20 million dollars?

How much was Osweiler paid? TT's body of work is much better than Osweiler's.

All I want to know is:

1. Is TT not playing this week b/c we are eliminated and he is injured; or

2. Is TT not playing this week b/c of the injury clause in his contract and we don't yet have a HC hired; or

3. Is TT no playing this week b/c of both #1 and #2 and the Bills don't want his injury to get even more aggravated, causing him to require surgery and forcing a new HC/the Bills to be married to TT.

It shouldn't be that difficult to get a straight answer. There's nothing wrong with the Bills coming out and flat out saying something like: "We will wait until a HC is hired before making a final determination on players" End of any questions there.

As for "camp Tyrod" making up this injury, that's complete BS. I don't doubt he's injured at all as its been reported already. When it comes down to being medically cleared in March, with millions on the line, Tyrod won't be able to "fake" that injury. The Bills will make sure of that.

I don't think Denver bails on Lynch and would be more likely to draft a guy. No way KC bails on Smith for the lesser version of him.

Cleveland and Jacksonville could be possibly but they would be setting themselves up for big time failure.

You could be right on some of teams but I think his market is a lot smaller than he probably believes. Especially any team that has played against him and know his flaws. He is pretty easy to defense most of the time.

He is FAR better than anyone Houston has. GOod teams cut bait when they realize the guy the signed - in this case Osweiler - stinks. We'll see if Houston is one of those teams. Something tells me that O'Brien now has more juice than the GM there and will be more able to get his way.

Games read the clause and think Kaepernick

OK - gotcha. Thanks. Shoulder/elbow too. But certainly not a groin.

Everyone is hurt this time of year in the NFL.

The more the team's cheerleaders try to sell benching him as anything other than trying to protect themselves from having to pay him if he gets hurt the more embarrassing it is.

They should just shut up about it. Say nothing.

EJ is starting. It's not a home game, so that's a bonus.

I would honestly laugh so freaking hard if Tyrod tries to use the groin issue to force the Bills to pay him.

I don't think the team's "cheerleaders" are trying to sell benching TT as other than a business decision. The coach said it's a business decision. TT has been on the injury report since Week 12.

He is FAR better than anyone Houston has. GOod teams cut bait when they realize the guy the signed - in this case Osweiler - stinks. We'll see if Houston is one of those teams. Something tells me that O'Brien now has more juice than the GM there and will be more able to get his way.

The problem is that they are saddled with Osweiler's contract next year. To cut Osweiler and sign Tyrod would mean allocating like $30-$40M to the QB position...