Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

if he makes in OT vs MIA, we maybe win.

if he makes at the end of the half in SEA, we're driving for a FG at the end not a TD

if he makes against BAL we're driving for a FG at the end not a TD

not saying any of those are auto Ws, but in seasons where you're a game or two from the playoffs, it all adds up and it all matters.

Needing - and getting - a TD to win a game shouldn't be an insurmountable task. For Tyrod Taylor, it is. That's why we need someone else.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel terrible. All of the criticism I've given Tyrod for holding the ball too long, not being able to read a defense and not seeing wide open receivers all over the middle of the field ... no wonder, his groin was hurting.

It all makes so much sense now. Just as much sense as him leading the league for QB rushing yards.

Spare us.

Tyrod's groin issue was reported for weeks. It explains why he was a little slower when he ran. Probably not bad enough to not play an in an important game but no reason to play in the meaningless finale.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Your final statement in parentheses is exactly the problem with many of us as Bills fans: "we could do a lot worse"....whereas successfully franchises see this, "we can do a lot better", as in - mediocrity is not much different than total failure, we need to significantly improve and such improvement is EXPECTED, not squandered on "we could do a lot worse"....please don't take this a personal attack, since I think most of us have been in this mindset for far too long. But this off-season and Tyrod embodies what needs to change at One Bills Drive and from the fan base: we need to EXPECT excellence, not be surprised by it....just my .02

Of course we could do a lot better, and I want to do better. But let's be real... we don't have any other immediate options for improvement. Keeping Tyrod and taking a chance in the draft is about the only option we have for both making the playoffs and striking future gold.

If you want to pick up whatever crappy QB and tank, for a future high draft pick, I can see that argument, but I'd rather get to the playoffs now and build on what we have.

I've been a fan of the Bills my whole life (29 years). Benching Doug Flutie for Rob Johnson vs the Titans was the biggest gut punch I've ever had as a fan. It made no sense at the time and it sent this franchise into its current 17 year death spiral.

Then comes Tyrod. Literally the best QB we've had since Flutie took the field, and we are doing him the same way.

Write it down: letting Tyrod go will be the biggest mistake this franchise could make.

I feel so strongly about this that I will honestly question my fandom of this team. And I am not joking

If Lynn is kept AND the Bills pick up the option, which is quite possible although not a given, Tyrod will be thrilled and this nonsense about exit strategy will be shown to be just that. Nonsense.

im kind of confused by the exit strategy part. If he's injured, doesn't it mean they have to pick up the option? And he's staying? If they have to pay him the guranteed money anyway why would they cut him/decline the option? Or am I misunderstanding the contract... Edited by YoloinOhio

I've been a fan of the Bills my whole life (29 years). Benching Doug Flutie for Rob Johnson vs the Titans was the biggest gut punch I've ever had as a fan. It made no sense at the time and it sent this franchise into its current 17 year death spiral.

Then comes Tyrod. Literally the best QB we've had since Flutie took the field, and we are doing him the same way.

Write it down: letting Tyrod go will be the biggest mistake this franchise could make.

I feel so strongly about this that I will honestly question my fandom of this team. And I am not joking

Tenn playoff game = meaningless Jets finale???

im kind of confused by the exit strategy part. If he's injured, doesn't it mean they have to pick up the option? And he's staying?

Only if he's not healthy come March 9th or whatever the date is.

Which I kind of find funny. He's hurt, gets surgery, goes through rehab, comes back to get his physical.

BB Med Staff: Everything checks out!

TT: Great!

Whaley: Later B!tch.

Edited by The Wiz

Makes perfect sense.

If you are Tyrod you probably view this as a slap in the face.

After the best game of your life, where you played injured, led a 14 point comeback, took the lead with a minute left, THEN drove the team right down to score in OT:

"We're not sure you're good enough to pay you the contract you signed last spring, so we're benching you to make sure you don't get hurt so we can decide later."

I would say "F this joke of a team" if I were him. He's going to have options. There are some truly awful starting QBs in the NFL.

Sure and he will tuck his tail if the new coach picks up his option and come back.

Spare us.

Tyrod's groin issue was reported for weeks. It explains why he was a little slower when he ran. Probably not bad enough to not play an in an important game but no reason to play in the meaningless finale.

Okay. So it's logical to you that this injured groin made him "slower," but still good enough to run and run very well. But it had an impact on doing everything else good QBs do.

That makee no sensee.

Only if he's not healthy come March 9th or whatever the date is.

Right, but why is it an exit strategy? There are lots of tweets about him getting paid by the Bills (like this is brilliant by his agent to have this groin injury surgery and be "hurt" and getting the injury payout) and then going to another team. The way I see it he is either getting paid by the Bills and staying or not getting paid and leaving. Edited by YoloinOhio

He's not saying that at all. Merely pointing out the difference between one reality and another, in the short term, can hinge on very small things.

If Carpenter makes a kick and the Bills win last week no way Ryan is fired Tuesday and no way Taylor is benched. It's that simple.

...and over the course of a season, whether a team makes the playoffs or not relies on a BIG thing...a crappy season long awful defense.

Of course we could do a lot better, and I want to do better. But let's be real... we don't have any other immediate options for improvement. Keeping Tyrod and taking a chance in the draft is about the only option we have for both making the playoffs and striking future gold.

If you want to pick up whatever crappy QB and tank, for a future high draft pick, I can see that argument, but I'd rather get to the playoffs now and build on what we have.

I'm not in the "tank" faction, but I still think there are good QBs to be found but they do have to be "found", they don't walk in off the street. For all the talk about highly touted QBs, people seem to forget there are a number of mid-round QBs playing quite well for teams...they don't have to be 1st round QBs and I think if the BILLS scouted properly, it can be done in this year's Draft and still locate a QB to play for 2017 such as Glennon or another guy, ala Foles, etc. Someone who can pass the ball, but doesn't have to carry the team.

I feel terrible. All of the criticism I've given Tyrod for holding the ball too long, not being able to read a defense and not seeing wide open receivers all over the middle of the field ... no wonder, his groin was hurting.

It all makes so much sense now. Just as much sense as him leading the league for QB rushing yards.

I love how you view him leading the league in rushing yards for a QB and rushing for another 6 TD's as some random, silly, arbitrary statistic and not as a positive attribute.

Right, but why is it an exit strategy? There are lots of tweets about him getting paid by the Bills and then going to another team

Yea that's what I've seen and I'm not sure I understand it.

I think a lot of the local guys are just being quick to react and trying to strike while the iron is hot. The Bills didn't have a good day yesterday so they think everything is in a free fall.