Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, our annual Super Bowl is often weeks 16 and 17 of the regular season.

Not too many years ago our super bowl was like week 10 so I guess we're heading in the right direction.

Game doesn't really matter for us.. still have a week off before their first playoff game... something the Bills would be fighting for with a decent kicker...

You don't think home field advantage matters??? LOL, even with the best kicker in the league, we wouldn't be anywhere near a 1st round bye.

Possibly but how much is his upgrade, which i probably think is smaller than you, worth?

Also, Bill O'Brien would totally have to transform his offense.

As crazy as it is to say, most qb needy teams aren't going to be an upgrade over what Tyrod had in Buffalo. Only if Denver or Houston goes after him, will a team probably not be disappointed.

The thing is, Houston will have the defense assuming Watt comes back strong. TT doesn't turn it over and can fuel a really good run game. That's a good combination - the one we were supposed to have here. Osweiler turns it over way too much.

The thing is, Houston will have the defense assuming Watt comes back strong. TT doesn't turn it over and can fuel a really good run game. That's a good combination - the one we were supposed to have here. Osweiler turns it over way too much.

Agreed about the turnovers. But O'Brien has had pocket passers his whole career. I don't a qb like TT is his ideal type of guy. I could be wrong though.

Interesting wording in the second sentence. Someone's awfully confident they know the future.

Say what you will about LaCanfora, but he appears to be usually right about things even if he's a couple of weeks off in the timing. Everything he said about Rex being canned turned out to be true except for the timing. The stuff he wrote about Whaley and Marrone not getting along at all during the 2014 training camp also turned out to be 100 percent true. He clearly has a good connection relatively high up inside the organization.

As someone who wants to keep Taylor, this is not welcome news to me.

Edited by dave mcbride

In a pretty bad division as well.

Put it this way, if you add just Tyrods TDs to the Houston Texans, they move up 10 spots in scoring, from 29th to 19th.

That's not too bad.

Knock it off with your tired take. You and MAJBobby have achieved a record for subverting threads on this board. And yes, while he isn't the best passer, his "points floor" or whatever you want to call it is much higher than any other FA QB who will be available this offseason.

He stinks.

Enough with the worship because everyone forgets 3/4 weeks ago.

Him and his groin can run around on someone else's team.

I've been a fan of the Bills my whole life (29 years). Benching Doug Flutie for Rob Johnson vs the Titans was the biggest gut punch I've ever had as a fan. It made no sense at the time and it sent this franchise into its current 17 year death spiral.

Then comes Tyrod. Literally the best QB we've had since Flutie took the field, and we are doing him the same way.

Write it down: letting Tyrod go will be the biggest mistake this franchise could make.

I feel so strongly about this that I will honestly question my fandom of this team. And I am not joking

I am right there with you. I have been watching the Bills since I remember. 1978 seems about the first games I can kind of remember. Anyway the Flutie fiasco brought down the franchise of the 1990's. The Bills ruled the 90's and since we have been plunged into the darkest time in franchise history. Now we could be on the brink of 3 non-losing seasons in a row. This years offense definitely scored points. Tyrod is not Jim Kelly but Flutie or even Ferguson he could be. Ferguson took years with OJ and finally developed by 1979. I think Tyrod and McCoy are co-dependent I don't think McCoy would have as good a season with out the running threat that Tyrod presents. Leave to offense alone!

The Bills are a Defensive coordinator and some game management skills away from 11-5. O-line depth, a Great safety and the return of Ragland will all help. I for one am not opposed to letting Anthony Lynn have the reigns. We just need a 4-3 coordinator with fresh ideas.

DON'T TOUCH THE O!

Say what you will about LaCanfora, but he appears to be usually right about things even if he's a couple of weeks off in the timing. Everything he said about Rex being canned turned out to be true except for the timing. The stuff he wrote about Whaley and Marrone not getting along at all during the 2014 training camp also turned out to be 100 percent true. He clearly has a good connection relatively high up inside the organization.

Based on what little inside info I have I'm starting to think Whaley is his source, and what he reports is what Whaley wants to happen.

In a pretty bad division as well.

Put it this way, if you add just Tyrods TDs to the Houston Texans, they move up 10 spots in scoring, from 29th to 19th.

That's not too bad.

The Texans feel like a decent fit but they can't commit the funds necessary with that stiff Osweiler under contract imo. I am sure that they would love to be an option for any of the available QBs.

Denver feels like the destination to me (if not here). I thought that Romo was the guy there but if TT is available I am changing my mind. They go back to be Super Bowl contenders with either of those guys. Both are going to be in the $17M-$20M a year range but the window will be open longer with TT.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Our interim HC said he did not have a hamstring injury yesterday?

What? Interim HC did not say anything of the sort. He didn't say anything about an injury either way. He said it was a business decision, and made the analogy to it being the same as if TT had a hamstring injury "next man up".

So will he pass a physical in March?

Good question. Usual procedure for groin injury is rest for a couple months, surgery only if no improvement after rest for several months UNLESS there is an avulsion (piece of bone separated along with muscle).

Sounds as though if the Bills decide to part ways from Taylor, there's going to be some Dueling Doctors in the house (cue banjos)

Yeah, but Tyrod is very clearly better. I was deeply unimpressed with Osweiler in Denver, and he has the look now of a career loser. I really dislike his game. Taylor, whatever his flaws, would be a definite upgrade.

No question. Osweiler has never been good. He wasn't good in college, he wasn't good in Denver, and he was terrible in Houston.

Lynn says it's just a rest day and just today. More crap from reporters IMO. He may well have a tight groin, but he's been running wild for a month on it, and had the best game of his career on it last week, and would play this week on it if they would let him. So it's nonsense.

Our local reporters are at an all time high in inaccuracy and BS. They must have lost some of their sources since TP took over.

No offense Dave but he's been plenty wrong about the Bills. He tweeted that Chris Polian was in line to become the new Bills GM after the 2014 season.

He also said the Bills might be one of the teams moving to Las Vegas AFTER the Bills were purchased by Terry and Kim.

He had the Bills trading up for Connor Cook. Which Chenelly, who had broken much more than Mr. LaCanfora for the Bills, shot him down.

He's been plenty wrong.

No offense Dave but he's been plenty wrong about the Bills. He tweeted that Chris Polian was in line to become the new Bills GM after the 2014 season.

He also said the Bills might be one of the teams moving to Las Vegas AFTER the Bills were purchased by Terry and Kim.

He had the Bills trading up for Connor Cook. Which Chenelly, who had broken much more than Mr. LaCanfora for the Bills, shot him down.

He's been plenty wrong.

yeah, I know he's not 100 percent right about things. He's been right a bunch, though. I cerrtainly agree that he's not 100 percent reliable.

yeah, I know he's not 100 percent right about things. He's been right a bunch, though. I cerrtainly agree that he's not 100 percent reliable.

He might be right about Taylor, he has been right about the Bills but honestly I think that's his opinion. I think he thinks the Bills have made up their mind about Taylor.

What if a new coach comes in and says he wants Taylor as his Qb, do you really think the Bills would get rid of him still?

And Vic just tweeted that Taylor pulled him aside in the locker room and said that despite being benched he still wants to be in Buffalo next year.

Bye Felicia. Jairus Byrd 2.0 is here.

How are they even comparable? Byrd wanted nothing to do with the Bills, milked the organization with his plantar fasciitis (guess how many games he's missed with the Saints), and presumably didn't care. Tyrod is committed to the game, the organization, and his teammates. Big deal, if he doesn't want to talk to the media...When all they (TBN) do is rip on the organization, players, etc....Taylor may be done in Buffalo after giving everything he had.....Good for him for not being available to Jerry Sullivan and company.

Not too many years ago our super bowl was like week 10 so I guess we're heading in the right direction.

You don't think home field advantage matters??? LOL, even with the best kicker in the league, we wouldn't be anywhere near a 1st round bye.

lol my bad I meant the Bills would be fighting for a wildcard spot with a decent kicker. I also expect Oakland to lose with their backup QB in Denver on Sunday. While Home Field be AWESOME, I don't see Oakland beating either Pitt or KC (teams I expect win WC Games) at home either..