Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

TT would get 27.5 million if they decide to exercise the option. The cap hit for 2017 isn't 27.5 million however, it's just under 16 million as the bonus is structured to extend over 5 years. So having a 16 million dollar QB in TT seems like a no brainer and sitting him, unless he is injured currently is just another head scratcher. Even if he winds up not being the answer, havng him on the team 1-2 more years is about the easiest choice.

Yo are correct about the cap and he is cheap if he is the starting QB on the team. The one point you are missing though is that because of his dead cap money, the Bills won't be in a position where they can cut him after a year if it doesn't work out. His dead cap money balloons as soon as they pick up the option. The Bills will not be able to afford to cut him for a bare minimum of 2 years probably 3 unless they magically have a lot of cap space then.

It will make him un-movable like Dareus is right now.

So the decision isn't whether they want him next year (there is zero doubt they want him next year - everybody does except for 4 people on this board). The decision is whether they want to be married to him for 3 years.

Being married to him for 3 years is a decision the new coach will make. Because if they pick up the option, that new coach will probably be betting his coaching career in Buffalo on Tyrod succeeding here.

Huge decision for new coach.

Edited by PolishDave

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am starting t wonder about this 27.5M that is so widely reported.

I know where it comes from 15.5M in option bonus and 12M base 2017 contract. However that is based off that the base is fully guaranteed.

The injury clause of his calls that into question because 12M (2017 base) is specifically called a INJ Guarantee.

Apparently, according to LaCanfora, the decision has already been made to move on from Tyrod. Take that with a grain of salt.

@JasonLaCanfora

Bills were aware of Tyrod's groin situation for a few weeks. There's strong sense he will need surgery. Decision to move on made weeks ago

Apparently, according to LaCanfora, the decision has already been made to move on from Tyrod. Take that with a grain of salt.

@JasonLaCanfora

Bills were aware of Tyrod's groin situation for a few weeks. There's strong sense he will need surgery. Decision to move on made weeks ago

Yeah has to protect his report of TT being benched after a steeler game

I can't imagine that the Bills are concerned about making TT the 20th highest paid QB in his contract year. He's going to get that amount or more somewhere this year. The money isn't a factor IMO. If people think that they should go in a different direction that's a different argument.

Does the "Different Direction" translate to a better QB than TT?

Does the "Different Direction" translate to a better QB than TT?

IMO, it does not (at least next year). I don't see a QB available that will have the Bills offense at the level that it was this year. Maybe hitting the reset button is the best course of action but I expect regression next season if someone else is taking the snaps.

Yo are correct about the cap and he is cheap if he is the starting QB on the team. The one point you are missing though is that because of his dead cap money, the Bills won't be in a position where they can cut him after a year if it doesn't work out. His dead cap money balloons as soon as they pick up the option. The Bills will not be able to afford to cut him for a bare minimum of 2 years probably 3 unless they magically have a lot of cap space then.

It will make him un-movable like Dareus is right now.

So the decision isn't whether they want him next year (there is zero doubt they want him next year - everybody does except for 4 people on this board). The decision is whether they want to be married to him for 3 years.

Being married to him for 3 years is a decision the new coach will make. Because if they pick up the option, that new coach will probably be betting his coaching career in Buffalo on Tyrod succeeding here.

Huge decision for new coach.

as long as it his decision, I agree.

IMO, it does not (at least next year). I don't see a QB available that will have the Bills offense at the level that it was this year. Maybe hitting the reset button is the best course of action but I expect regression next season if someone else is taking the snaps.

This move will really define what the Team is thinking going forward. Long term or short term.

Like usual, i worry they are shortsighted again