Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont understand how people question TT about the injury or the timing of the injury or about TT's agent deserving a raise. TT either needs surgery or he doesnt. A very respected doctor will make that determination. TT cant fake that with the doctor. The fact that this is happening NOW is clear: we're eliminated from the playoffs. There is no reason for TT to play through the injury especially if it can only get worse. Why does their need to be a conspiracy or negative slant on this. It seems clear to me.

Great post.

Tyrod is a middle of the pack QB IMO.

He gives you lots of plays with his legs, but lacks some of the routine passing game. Although last week he was hitting Clay all over the field.

He does not turn the ball over. He makes big plays, but he also misses some easy stuff.

All that said, we were a FG away from playing for the Wild Card this weekend.

Kicker makes a FG, people are euphoric, Rex is coaching this week, and probably not fireable this season, especially if they beat the Jets to go 9-7. If they somehow made it in Rex would be a made man for life in Buffalo for breaking the drought.

3 feet away from being legendary. Instead, fired. QB benched. Isn't life funny that way?

Sigh...Why are we always a Missed FG from "Greatness" !!!!

Can someone tell me how to post inline pictures. I have the clauses

Again the clubs physician is the sole decider if the player can perform services of the Contract ie Play in 2017. This groin thing is much to do about nothing.

Thanks!

What I find interesting about that clause is it just specifies "unable to perform playing services". Presumably "unable to perform playing services" would involve Opening Day, in September.

But the option clearly has to be picked up, or not, in March.

So it sort of looks like the Bills need to make up their mind: option, or don't option? in March, but then could still be on the hook if they cut Tyrod, Tyrod has surgery and is unable to play in September?

Do you read it that way?

Thanks!

What I find interesting about that clause is it just specifies "unable to perform playing services". Presumably "unable to perform playing services" would involve Opening Day, in September.

But the option clearly has to be picked up, or not, in March.

So it sort of looks like the Bills need to make up their mind: option, or don't option? in March, but then could still be on the hook if they cut Tyrod, Tyrod has surgery and is unable to play in September?

Do you read it that way?

I do. If theh pick the option and cut him later because of an inj they still have to pay him (without looking 12.5M) because the 15M was paid.

If they pick his option they are not cutting him dead cap too much. So really key is Drs say yes he will play in 2017, nothing guaranteed and owe nothing if they dont pick it up.

@bf_insiders

Not so fast are #Bills done with Tyrod...

Source said Bills don't think the money is an issue at all. #BillsFanatics

I can't imagine that the Bills are concerned about making TT the 20th highest paid QB in his contract year. He's going to get that amount or more somewhere this year. The money isn't a factor IMO. If people think that they should go in a different direction that's a different argument. Edited by Kirby Jackson

How do we interpret that? They are done?

no, that they are not done... that they don't feel his cap hit/salary is an issue wrt whether or not they pick up the option.

Doesn't mean they will or won't but if they don't, it won't be because they don't believe him to be worth the contract he has been given or that his cap hit is inappropriate to his value.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I read it. I know.

I've also seen first hand how the legal system works in these kind of disputes.

As has Tyrod's attorney in this matter.......his agent.

This is the only bullet they have to put in their gun.......the target is far away but long shots can kill too.

We can carry on about how these things get misdiagnosed by team doctors and 6th round draft picks have to have second surgeries on the region and then miss the season........

100% correct

I read it. I know.

I've also seen first hand how the legal system works in these kind of disputes.

As has Tyrod's attorney in this matter.......his agent.

This is the only bullet they have to put in their gun.......the target is far away but long shots can kill too.

We can carry on about how these things get misdiagnosed by team doctors and 6th round draft picks have to have second surgeries on the region and then miss the season........

Re your last line -- c'mon! That never happens! (Sammy Watkins)

Good post.

Taylor has his flaws, holding the ball too long and not being effective in the middle. Otherwise he provides a top ten QBR all season. Has displayed leadership and toughness. IMO, what was the downfall was some of the poorest third down defense we have seen. I feel we should give him another year with a healthy wr corps, and hope he can grasp some essential areas of quarterbacking.

Edited by Gregsbills 74

@bf_insiders

Not so fast are #Bills done with Tyrod...

Source said Bills don't think the money is an issue at all. #BillsFanatics

Actually that is a very reasonable point. Past TT there is no one. Glennon? LOL and he

will probably get TT type money from someone. That's just a single example.

Edited by Best Player Available

TT would get 27.5 million if they decide to exercise the option. The cap hit for 2017 isn't 27.5 million however, it's just under 16 million as the bonus is structured to extend over 5 years. So having a 16 million dollar QB in TT seems like a no brainer and sitting him, unless he is injured currently is just another head scratcher. Even if he winds up not being the answer, havng him on the team 1-2 more years is about the easiest choice.

Aren't they expecting Bridgewater back for the beginning of next year? I'm pretty sure he is the Franchise QB for them. (He led them to the playoffs last year and a win if their FG kicker didn't miss an easy kick.)

He shredded his knee. With mobility being such a big part of his game/reason for success, I'm sure Minnesota is preparing for him to not be what he was prior to the injury.

the start of the season is March 1.

Actually, it starts March 9 at 4:00 pm.

March 9 -- The 2017 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2017 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 9.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677028/article/important-nfl-dates-for-201617