• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes

@salsports

There was an ESPN podcast a while back where @AnitaMarks said Taylor was fighting thru a groin injury. He denied it at the time....

...but the team listed him on injury report shortly after with a groin injury but a full participant. Been there pretty much ever since...

...But he started every game and never even missed a practice until now, two days after being sat for financial reasons.

So I'm not sure what the outrage is from the Buffalo media. It's been right there.

Although kind of odd that they didn't have to list what it was. Why didn't any of the guys in Buffalo dig and find out what it was?

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Makes perfect sense.

If you are Tyrod you probably view this as a slap in the face.

After the best game of your life, where you played injured, led a 14 point comeback, took the lead with a minute left, THEN drove the team right down to score in OT:

"We're not sure you're good enough to pay you the contract you signed last spring, so we're benching you to make sure you don't get hurt so we can decide later."

I would say "F this joke of a team" if I were him. He's going to have options. There are some truly awful starting QBs in the NFL.

Still has to show up if they pay him though....

doesn't make it look good. Will be a lot of damage control if we keep him.

Edited by dneveu

You really believe the kicker is the reason why this team is not in the playoffs or at least still alive in week 17? LOL

He's not saying that at all. Merely pointing out the difference between one reality and another, in the short term, can hinge on very small things.

If Carpenter makes a kick and the Bills win last week no way Ryan is fired Tuesday and no way Taylor is benched. It's that simple.

Put yourself in Tyrod's shoes. You know other teams will want you. You're getting paid by someone.

Would you try to get out, given not only this benching but the constant leaks about the team not picking up your option?

Whatever little birdie was chirping away about Rex made sure to undermine Tyrod too with leaks about the team not picking up his deal.

It's bush league non-sense over there at OBD.

I'm guessing it wasn't Rex or Rob doing it since it made them look bad, so whoever was responsible is still there to screw with whoever is next up.

Marrone got that treatment. Rex got that treatment. Marrone getting the leak treatment makes me wonder if the leak is Russ, since Russ loved him and defended him constantly when he used to go on WGR every week.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I feel terrible. All of the criticism I've given Tyrod for holding the ball too long, not being able to read a defense and not seeing wide open receivers all over the middle of the field ... no wonder, his groin was hurting.

It all makes so much sense now. Just as much sense as him leading the league for QB rushing yards.

yes

Wondering now, what Tyrod can do, to make sure he doesn't pass the physical, while keeping in good enough shape to get himself on a new team after...

I still think the Bills will probably keep him, since there's not much better available (we could do a lot worse than roughly the 15th best QB)

I feel terrible. All of the criticism I've given Tyrod for holding the ball too long, not being able to read a defense and not seeing wide open receivers all over the middle of the field ... no wonder, his groin was hurting.

It all makes so much sense now. Just as much sense as him leading the league for QB rushing yards.

yeah, his escapability has really been hindered

Wondering now, what Tyrod can do, to make sure he doesn't pass the physical, while keeping in good enough shape to get himself on a new team after...

I still think the Bills will probably keep him, since there's not much better available (we could do a lot worse than roughly the 15th best QB)

He could keep digging a knife into his open wound post-surgery but I think they might get suspicious :D

Everyone is hurt this time of year in the NFL.

The more the team's cheerleaders try to sell benching him as anything other than trying to protect themselves from having to pay him if he gets hurt the more embarrassing it is.

They should just shut up about it. Say nothing.

EJ is starting. It's not a home game, so that's a bonus.

I would honestly laugh so freaking hard if Tyrod tries to use the groin issue to force the Bills to pay him.

Can you link me to a quote from anyone, "cheerleaders" or otherwise, who has suggested the decision to bench TT WASN'T about protecting him from injury given his contract situation? I don't know anyone who thinks otherwise.

Makes perfect sense.

If you are Tyrod you probably view this as a slap in the face.

After the best game of your life, where you played injured, led a 14 point comeback, took the lead with a minute left, THEN drove the team right down to score in OT:

"We're not sure you're good enough to pay you the contract you signed last spring, so we're benching you to make sure you don't get hurt so we can decide later."

I would say "F this joke of a team" if I were him. He's going to have options. There are some truly awful starting QBs in the NFL.

Now everyone's a Tyrod fan! :lol:

Your final statement in parentheses is exactly the problem with many of us as Bills fans: "we could do a lot worse"....whereas successfully franchises see this, "we can do a lot better", as in - mediocrity is not much different than total failure, we need to significantly improve and such improvement is EXPECTED, not squandered on "we could do a lot worse"....please don't take this a personal attack, since I think most of us have been in this mindset for far too long. But this off-season and Tyrod embodies what needs to change at One Bills Drive and from the fan base: we need to EXPECT excellence, not be surprised by it....just my .02

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Our interim HC said he did not have a hamstring injury yesterday?

He was referencing the depth chart that "if" he had a hamstring injury EJ would be next up but yea. That's just too much of a coincidence that he made that reference and then this shows up.

You really believe the kicker is the reason why this team is not in the playoffs or at least still alive in week 17? LOL

if he makes in OT vs MIA, we maybe win.

if he makes at the end of the half in SEA, we're driving for a FG at the end not a TD

if he makes against BAL we're driving for a FG at the end not a TD

not saying any of those are auto Ws, but in seasons where you're a game or two from the playoffs, it all adds up and it all matters.