Trump foreign policy

No matter how hard you try, you simply can't force people to believe they're as stupid as you are. Is it any wonder you're left in control of Detroit and Macungie.

It's old hat for them.

comparison.jpg

Edited by Nanker

• 2 weeks later...
Trump says US 'losing' Afghan war in tense meeting with generals

During the July 19 meeting, Trump repeatedly suggested that Defense Secretary James Mattis and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford replace Gen. John Nicholson, the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, because he is not winning the war,

quagmire

During the July 19 meeting, Trump repeatedly suggested that Defense Secretary James Mattis and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford replace Gen. John Nicholson, the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, because he is not winning the war,
quagmire

You mean the "good war?"

quagmire

We have 8400 troops over there.

quagmire

Afghanistan's been a quagmire for empires for centuries, if not millennia.

N01553_10.jpg

And you'll pardon me if I completely discount Trump's opinion on "winning" or "losing" the war. No one's yet come up with a practical definition of "winning" Afghanistan, and I highly doubt Cheetoh Dust Golem will be the first.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/03/mega-leak-transcripts-trumps-foreign-leader-phone-calls-emerge.html

Transcripts of calls with international leaders within the story. Interesting to read the actual dialog. Trump is no different than you'd think, and the other world leaders have to exercise incredible tact to maintain their dignity and respect for the US.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/03/mega-leak-transcripts-trumps-foreign-leader-phone-calls-emerge.html

Transcripts of calls with international leaders within the story. Interesting to read the actual dialog. Trump is no different than you'd think, and the other world leaders have to exercise incredible tact to maintain their dignity and respect for the US.

Those darn leaks! Hat har

This is amazing!!

"The Jan. 28 call with Turnbull became particularly acrimonious. “I have had it,” Trump erupted after the two argued about an agreement on refugees. “I have been making these calls all day, and this is the most unpleasant call all day.”

Before ending the call, Trump noted that at least one of his conversations that day had gone far more smoothly. “Putin was a pleasant call,” Trump said, referring to Russian President Vladi­mir Putin. “This is ridiculous.”"

"He described the wall as “the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important.”"

Why does Donny still think Mexico will pay for the damn wall?

Time for false promises are over Don.

Wake up and smell the enchiladas.

He doesn't. He just makes random brainless statements that are disconnected from reality.

And yet he STILL beat Hillary Clinton.

The Lord does move in mysterious ways. But Hillary wouldn't have accomplished much anyway with a devilish Congress. Trump is president and the Republicans are working on fixing Obamacare! I love that! Who won?

US embassy employees in Cuba possibly subject to 'acoustic attack'

One official said the employees could have suffered permanent hearing loss as a result.

The employees affected were not at the same place at the same time, but suffered a variety of physical symptoms since late 2016 which resembled concussions.

US embassy employees in Cuba possibly subject to 'acoustic attack'
One official said the employees could have suffered permanent hearing loss as a result.
The employees affected were not at the same place at the same time, but suffered a variety of physical symptoms since late 2016 which resembled concussions.

Shouldn't this be in the Obama Foreign Policy thread?

Shouldn't this be in the Obama Foreign Policy thread?

"But diplomats said that after the US and Cuba restored full diplomatic ties in 2015, the campaign of harassment stopped."

I thought Trump changed that policy once in office

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/06/22/five-things-you-need-to-know-about-trumps-cuba-policy-and-who-it-will-hurt/

Edited by ALF

"But diplomats said that after the US and Cuba restored full diplomatic ties in 2015, the campaign of harassment stopped."

I thought Trump changed that policy once in office

The affected State staffers got ill in 2016. Please tell me how Trump's actions in 2017 contributed to that?

The affected State staffers got ill in 2016. Please tell me how Trump's actions in 2017 contributed to that?

Trump had a lot of campaign speeches that might have ticked Cuba off I'm just guessing.

Trump had a lot of campaign speeches that might have ticked Cuba off I'm just guessing.

Are you serious?

It's not a vile despotic morally bankrupt regime, but Trump's speeches that are responsible?

Are you serious?

It's not a vile despotic morally bankrupt regime, but Trump's speeches that are responsible?

Just going from this quote

The article made it sound like the harassment has restarted .

If it is happening now then it is Trump's problem to deal with .

Edited by ALF

Just going from this quote

The article made it sound like the harassment has restarted .

If it is happening now then it is Trump's problem to deal with .

The harassment restarted in 2016. Please tell me how that was Trump's responsibility?

Then maybe you can explain the wisdom of normalizing relationships with a murderous regime which openly harassed State staffers and then got them seriously injured in 2016.

Will there ever be a day when Obama nut suckers accept blame for anything?

Problem is, american diplomacy has been a lot of soft speaking with NO stick.

Since President Truman.

and for the most part thank goodness, but a lot of troubles could have been prevented without using full force...