Trump foreign policy

Tax returns are 100% black and white. Once again what are you expecting to find in his tax returns that will connect some dumbass dots you're imagining?

He's not hiding them. He filed them with the IRS. :doh:

Why do you think he won't release them to the public?

Quite the tax returns you Americans have, you have to put all details of your personal loans on there?

And who we had dinner with. See it's in his receipts.

The 21 Club

2/24/2016

$5,000 deduction for business lunch

Attendees: Putin and a bag full of money.

Why do you think he won't release them to the public?

Because it's none of our !@#$ing business and he's not required to. Next question.

Which line of the return is that one on?

Oh alright, you got me. It's actually a Schedule C item, backed by the 1099 he got from the Russians.

So the people screaming for tax returns have no clue what is on an actual US tax return....

Big surprise.

They do know how to claim welfare babies to up that child tax credit amount!

It's not our business what conflicts of interest our president might have? Are you blinded by partisanship?

Of course it's our business. You'll have to find the answers to your witch hunt by other means than his return. I never demanded Obama release his birth certificate or Hillary release her returns either. Forcing people to do things they are not required to do is not blind partisanship. Demanding a member of one party do something but not demanding it of a member of another on the other hand is.

Of course it's our business. You'll have to find the answers to your witch hunt by other means than his return. I never demanded Obama release his birth certificate or Hillary release her returns either. Forcing people to do things they are not required to do is not blind partisanship. Demanding a member of one party do something but not demanding it of a member of another on the other hand is.

Obama released his taxes and so did Hilly! Heck, every major candidate has, except the guy under investigation by a special prosecutor. Glad you see its our business :thumbsup:

Obama released his taxes and so did Hilly! Heck, every major candidate has, except the guy under investigation by a special prosecutor. Glad you see its our business :thumbsup:

If the special prosecutor feels the need to look at his tax returns he'll make sure he does. In the meantime it's none of your !@#$ing business so STFU!

Once again what do you expect his returns to reveal?

If the special prosecutor feels the need to look at his tax returns he'll make sure he does. In the meantime it's none of your !@#$ing business so STFU!

Once again what do you expect his returns to reveal?

Whatever he is hiding.

Come on Gatorboy. Go out on a limb. What possible Ah-Ha moment do you think his returns might reveal.

He's rich! His effective tax rate is too low! He takes deductions! He's cheating the working class!

There's nothing to find. It's just another opportunity for ignorant whining.

Come on Gatorboy. Go out on a limb. What possible Ah-Ha moment do you think his returns might reveal.

Ok! I bet they show nothing in isolation. But when connected to other financial dealings will show money laundering of Russian oligarchs, shell companies filled with debt leading back to the oligarchs

It will show he is compromised and we can put him in a cage! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Obviously Trump's tax returns are very complicated and he would be a fool to release them. The left would have a party misconstruing everything. They would get away with it because few people understand anything more than a 1040, if that. I've always done my own taxes because I could but also so that I understood the tax code and how I could benefit from it. I can remember having to explain 1031 exchanges to attorneys. With that said I'd have to do a lot of reading up on things to even have a hope of understanding his taxes.

Ok! I bet they show nothing

Thank you. That's wasn't so hard was it.

Obviously Trump's tax returns are very complicated and he would be a fool to release them. The left would have a party misconstruing everything. They would get away with it because few people understand anything more than a 1040, if that. I've always done my own taxes because I could but also so that I understood the tax code and how I could benefit from it. I can remember having to explain 1031 exchanges to attorneys. With that said I'd have to do a lot of reading up on things to even have a hope of understanding his taxes.

Well unless the attorney is a RE attorney why would they know how a 1031 exchange works?

I have yet to meet a real estate attorney that knows **** about real estate.

Their staff usually does all the work and the attorney shows up for the closing is all. Prior to the closing they might do something if there is a problem with the deed or something else. I once attended an evening closing where I represented the Buyer of several properties. I found that the Settlement papers were all messed up and I had to completely redo them because the attorney didn't know how to do them and his staff had all gone home.

There are some sharp ones though. A local one here in WNY bought a large lakefront parcel that had a decent home on it. He subdivided it out and sold the lots and home and was able to pay for his lakefront lot and 3000 s/f home with his profits. He still has some wooded lots to sell when it is advantageous.

Their staff usually does all the work and the attorney shows up for the closing is all. Prior to the closing they might do something if there is a problem with the deed or something else. I once attended an evening closing where I represented the Buyer of several properties. I found that the Settlement papers were all messed up and I had to completely redo them because the attorney didn't know how to do them and his staff had all gone home.

There are some sharp ones though. A local one here in WNY bought a large lakefront parcel that had a decent home on it. He subdivided it out and sold the lots and home and was able to pay for his lakefront lot and 3000 s/f home with his profits. He still has some wooded lots to sell when it is advantageous.

Yes, I know. My wife is that "staff." Correcting attorney's mistakes is basically what she does for a living.

I have yet to meet a real estate attorney that knows **** about real estate.

Yes, many. My wife works for several top RE attorneys in SF. I've worked with my dealing with 1031's, REIT'a and trust work. Edited by Chef Jim

Trump administration is threatening to veto this?

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-11/graham-predicts-new-russia-sanctions-warns-trump-against-veto

So the hearings yesterday demonstrated beyond doubt this administration can care less about a foreign attack on our democracy. At least Congress is taking it serious. I suppose a few elections from now congress will be singing the Russian national anthem judging from how the base loves the Russian attack

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-11/graham-predicts-new-russia-sanctions-warns-trump-against-veto

So the hearings yesterday demonstrated beyond doubt this administration can care less about a foreign attack on our democracy. At least Congress is taking it serious. I suppose a few elections from now congress will be singing the Russian national anthem judging from how the base loves the Russian attack

All together now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71wdsTqkfM

https://www.rferl.org/a/us-ukraine-russia-sanctions-crimea/28536457.html

The administration reasserted the commitment to the current sanctions, dumbass.

The president’s team pushed back Wednesday against the legislation, with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson warning lawmakers against passing anything that might tie the administration’s hands.

“We would ask for the flexibility to turn the heat up when we need to, but also to ensure that we have the ability to maintain a constructive dialogue,” Tillerson said in testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

“I certainly agree with the sentiment that has been conveyed by several members from both parties that Russia must be held accountable for its meddling in U.S. elections,” Tillerson said, adding that he agrees Russia did attempt to interfere.

But if the Senate’s vote is any guide, congressional support for the measure will probably be veto-proof.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/senate-overwhelming-votes-to-curtail-trumps-power-to-ease-up-on-russia-sanctions/2017/06/14/8c02d73a-5134-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_russiasenate-345pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.ac0fe04177bd

Gator's link was about a new sanctions bill that Trump has said nothing about vetoing.

Gator's post was his usual drivel about the administration being in Putin's pocket.

And Trump should veto this new legislation, since it puts significant restrictions on the foreign policy powers of the executive.

Gator's post was his usual drivel about the administration being in Putin's pocket.

And Trump should veto this new legislation, since it puts significant restrictions on the foreign policy powers of the executive.

Vetoing a bill that imposes new and stricter sanctions that passed with a 97-2 vote in the senate will be a test for Trump. If he is unwilling to send a stern message to Putin it will backfire, imo. And because he can't help himself and has no sense of the temperature in the room, he will veto it the first chance he gets. Meanwhile, Tillerson can buff up his shiny Russian Medal of Friendship.

Vetoing a bill that imposes new and stricter sanctions that passed with a 97-2 vote in the senate will be a test for Trump. If he is unwilling to send a stern message to Putin it will backfire, imo. And because he can't help himself and has no sense of the temperature in the room, he will veto it the first chance he gets. Meanwhile, Tillerson can buff up his shiny Russian Medal of Friendship.

Vetoing a bill that puts restrictions on executive power - as this one does - is something any president should veto. And that veto should be overridden in Congress.

And he's already sent stern messages to Putin - bombing Syria, recommitting to the old regime of sanctions, reassuring Russian border states and even strengthening ties to them. The idea that he's some sort of Russian stooge is contravened by all the factual evidence available.

Vetoing a bill that puts restrictions on executive power - as this one does - is something any president should veto. And that veto should be overridden in Congress.

And he's already sent stern messages to Putin - bombing Syria, recommitting to the old regime of sanctions, reassuring Russian border states and even strengthening ties to them. The idea that he's some sort of Russian stooge is contravened by all the factual evidence available.

10 months of media mouthpieces breathlessly reporting on unnamed sources citing unnamed methods claiming exactly that has the effect, over time, of turning speculation into fact.

Facts be damned.

I'm just saying vetoing the new sanctions, imposed for new offenses, will backfire on him. As a lesson in civics, I look forward to seeing how the checks and balances manifest around this issue.

Bombing Syria was feckless; reports were that the Syrians were using runways the next day.

Glad he reassured those border states. Be nice if he would reassure are longtime NATO allies as well. Putin laughs every time, I'm sure.

Perhaps "Russian Stooge" is to strong a word. But that clown show in the Oval Office sure made him look like a dupe.