Trump foreign policy

You aren't likely to get actual "news" that way at all.

It's unfortunate, but true.

Weather, local sports, accidents, fires local crimes. that is news

Bloviating politicians and talking heads is not news.

This is news to some

'DO NOT TOUCH': Vice President Pence at NASA becomes a meme

Vice President Pence very clearly ignored instructions while he was visiting …
Gossip to others
At minimum he should have had been wearing gloves and an ESD wrist strap. He could have damaged Millions of dollars of Flight Hardware
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

From Rod Dreher: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/yes-they-really-do-despise-their-civilization/

You can say this for Donald Trump: he’s great at useless provocation, but sometimes his provocations are helpful by what they force his opponents to reveal. The Warsaw speech was stunning in this way. I’m glad I read it before I read any of the left-liberal comment on it, else I might have thought it had been drafted by Dr. Goebbels.

Here’s a transcript of the entire speech. Go read it yourself. It won’t take long.

I thought it not a bad speech, if somewhat anodyne in the way all such speeches tend to be. It is risible to hear Donald J. Trump talk about how we need “strong families” and “strong values” to survive as a civilization, but the hypocrisy of the speaker doesn’t negate the truth of what he has to say, any more than the great personal virtue of a speaker makes his own claims true (see Jimmy Carter).

Here’s the part that some on the left see as Goebbels-gibberish:

AT LINK:

I’m sorry, duckies, but how is this all that controversial? An American president, standing in the capital of a nation that suffered in the last century the domination of two tyrannies — Nazi and Communist — that tried to eradicate its culture, a nation whose Catholic faith kept its spirit alive and led to its rebirth — proclaims that there are things unique and valuable about Western civilization, and that we should remember those things, affirm them, and defend them.

The shocking thing here is that this is controversial at all. It shows how decadent we have become.

Let’s sample some of the left-liberal freakout, shall we?

Here’s Peter Beinart in The Atlantic:

Let’s move on. Here’s a tweet by Slate’s Jamelle Bouie://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Here’s James Fallows on the Warsaw speech:

In that tweet stream (thread starts here), Douthat says that conservatives who are not alt-right talk about “the West” all the time. It does not make them (us) white nationalists.

True, and it’s a contemptible slur to say so. But note well that this is how leading lights on the contemporary mainstream left regard cherishing and defending Western civilization and its particularities. It is not Trump who interprets Western civilization in racial terms; it is they.

They’re going to call us all deplorables at best, Nazis and white supremacists at worst. They are going to keep waging culture war, and blame us for being the aggressors. We are going to have to fight back, but as Polish Catholic philosopher Ryszard Legutko once told me, it will not be enough for defenders of the West and its traditions to say what we’re against. We also have to be for something — and I would add, amplifying his point, we have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Don’t misunderstand me here. The West is certainly no utopia, nor ever has been. It is necessary to criticize ourselves constructively, for the sake of growing in virtue. But that is not what these people are doing.

So Trump accepts Putin's claim of no interference?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/world/europe/g20-hamburg-trump-putin-protests.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

He began by raising the concern of the American people of Russian interference in the 2016 election, Mr. Tillerson, who was present at the meeting, said of Mr. Trump. He pressed him more than once.

Speaking separately to Russian reporters in Hamburg, the Russian foreign minister, Sergei V. Lavrov, cast Mr. Trump in a more forgiving light.

President Trump said that this campaign has already taken on a rather strange character, because over the many months that these accusations have been made, not a single fact has been presented, Mr. Lavrov said. President Trump said that he had heard the clear statements from President Putin about this being untrue, that the Russian leadership did not interfere in the election, and that he accepts these statements.

Mr. Lavrov, a veteran diplomatic infighter, added one more detail: Mr. Trump, he said, had conceded that certain circles in the U.S. are still exaggerating, although they cannot prove this, the topic of Russias interference with the U.S. election.

It's reported that Trump brought up the Russian election interference twice.

"Thank you, president Putin". And at the end, "Thank you again".

It had to be, how else could Hillary have lost?

Trump: "Many Americans, but not me, are concerned that Russia influenced the election by releasing hacked data."

Putin: "We didn't do anything."

Trump: "I knew the intelligence agencies were wrong! Thank you for confirming my suspicions."

Trump: "Many Americans, but not me, are concerned that Russia influenced the election by releasing hacked data."

Trump: "I knew the intelligence agencies were wrong! Thank you for confirming my suspicions."

we're still waiting....

we're still waiting....

we're still waiting....

we're still waiting....

we're still waiting....

we're still waiting....

we're still waiting....

we're still waiting....

Of course, instead of making up sh*t, you could link to the actual story, but somehow (in closed minds) that is an example of pro-trump propaganda........... :D

Everyone wanted it, he did it, and you can bet no one that demanded it is going to be satisfied.

‘He’ is President Trump. And ‘it’ is confronting Russian President Vladimir Putin about allegations of Russian attempts to interfere in the 2016 election. And ‘no one’ refers to the people who demanded the subject be brought up otherwise it would show Trump is a Russian stooge, like Adam Schiff and any random member of the anti/never-Trump resistance.

http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=69016&siteSection=thehill2300_nws_pol_sec&videoId=32660369

President Trump confronted Russian President Vladimir Putin about Moscow’s election meddling during a face-to-face meeting in Germany on Friday, according to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

Tillerson, who was present for the more than two-hour meeting, told reporters afterward that Trump opened the conversation by “raising the concerns of the American people regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election.”

Putin denied Russian involvement, Tillerson said, but Trump “pressed” him on the matter “on more than one occasion.”

Trump and Putin agreed to explore a “framework” around which they can work to better understand these types of cyberthreats, the U.S. diplomat said.

“The two leaders agreed that this is a substantial hindrance on the ability of us to move Russian-U.S. relationships forward and agreed to exchange further work 
regarding commitments of noninterference in the affairs of the United States and our democratic process as well as those of other countries,” Tillerson said. “So more work to be done in that regard.”

Still, Tillerson acknowledged that Putin’s insistence that Russia did not interfere would leave the two countries at an impasse, at least for now.

“It’s not clear to me that we will ever come to some agreed-upon resolution of that question between the two nations,” he said. “So the question is, what do we do now?”

Sergei Lavrov told the media that Putin denied involvement and Trump accepted his denial.

Many cattle will be birthed over Lavrov’s statement and one of the first cows was squeezed out of Chuck Schumer:

“President Trump had an obligation to bring up Russia’s interference in our election with Putin, but he has an equal obligation to take the word of our Intelligence Community rather than that of the Russian President,” Schumer said in a statement.

My interpretation of this is that the White House is putting 2016 and the Russia probe behind it and will not let those events stand in the way of working with Russia where possible. That is as it should be. Nations don’t have friends or enemies, nations only have interests.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/07/07/trump-presses-putin-alleged-election-interference/

Many cattle will be birthed over Lavrov’s statement and one of the first cows was squeezed out of Chuck Schumer:

Chuck Schumer who just a few months ago went on Rachel Maddow and threatened the sitting president on behalf of that very same Intelligence Community:

Chuck Schumer who just a few months ago went on Rachel Maddow and threatened the sitting president on behalf of that very same Intelligence Community:

But none of that matters, because as everyone on Earth already knows, Chuck Schumer is a complete and total choad.

But none of that matters, because as everyone on Earth already knows, Chuck Schumer is a complete and total choad.

Hence his nickname Chucky "Schmucky" Schumer.

And yet the people of New York continue to re-elect him with 70% of the vote

What does that say about the voters of New York?

My interpretation of this is that the White House is putting 2016 and the Russia probe behind it and will not let those events stand in the way of working with Russia where possible. That is as it should be. Nations don’t have friends or enemies, nations only have interests.

That's mine is as well and it's the reason Trump hasn't spoken ill of Putin yet despite the media and politicians across the aisle pleading him to do so. Bush and Obama maintained an open dialogue with Putin but their relationship soured with him towards the end of their administration. The US intelligence agencies are huge hypocrites when it comes to condemning Russia for interfering in ours and others elections when we've done exactly the same to numerous countries dating all the way back to the Cold War. Like it or not, a more friendly and cooperative relationship with Putin makes the world a safer place.

That's mine is as well and it's the reason Trump hasn't spoken ill of Putin yet despite the media and politicians across the aisle pleading him to do so. Bush and Obama maintained an open dialogue with Putin but their relationship soured with him towards the end of their administration. The US intelligence agencies are huge hypocrites when it comes to condemning Russia for interfering in ours and others elections when we've done exactly the same to numerous countries dating all the way back to the Cold War. Like it or not, a more friendly and cooperative relationship with Putin makes the world a safer place.

As a Democrat, are you not worried about further attempts to obstruct elections? Or do you welcome the Russian help? And no the intelligence agencies are not hypocrites, they are working in the interest of the USA and the free nations of the world. What is the criminal Putin working for?

As a Democrat, are you not worried about further attempts to obstruct elections? Or do you welcome the Russian help? And no the intelligence agencies are not hypocrites, they are working in the interest of the USA and the free nations of the world. What is the criminal Putin working for?

You don't think our intelligent agencies aren't going to do everything possible to block Russian interference in future elections? You just had a Senate pass a new bills with a vote of 98-2 to push for more sanctions on Russia and giving Congress more power to block Trump from rolling back any penalties against Putin's government. How would it look if Trump vetoed the bill once it makes it out of the House?

Also, a simple google search will show you a long history of America trying to interfere in other countries elections.

You don't think our intelligent agencies aren't going to do everything possible to block Russian interference in future elections? You just had a Senate pass a new bills with a vote of 98-2 to push for more sanctions on Russia and giving Congress more power to block Trump from rolling back any penalties against Putin's government. How would it look if Trump vetoed the bill once it makes it out of the House?

Also, a simple google search will show you a long history of America trying to interfere in other countries elections.

I'm sure they tried n 2016, let's hope they do better. So far Republican in the House are fouling up the sanctions bill, so so much for that. But you are not worried, huh? A Trump veto wouldn't look much worse than him showing the Russians top secret info n the WH, really.

Yes, I know all about the CIA trying to fight communism in foreign countries, they paid the Catholic Church in Italy to not support the communists and it worked, for instance. Good call! But Putin, who is a criminal, doing it is a very different matter. You don't seem to understand that. Yes I know about Chili and Gautamaula also, not good. You are just making Trump's basic argument when he said we have all done bad things.

I'm sure they tried n 2016, let's hope they do better. So far Republican in the House are fouling up the sanctions bill, so so much for that. But you are not worried, huh? A Trump veto wouldn't look much worse than him showing the Russians top secret info n the WH, really.

Yes, I know all about the CIA trying to fight communism in foreign countries, they paid the Catholic Church in Italy to not support the communists and it worked, for instance. Good call! But Putin, who is a criminal, doing it is a very different matter. You don't seem to understand that. Yes I know about Chili and Gautamaula also, not good. You are just making Trump's basic argument when he said we have all done bad things.

I'm pry not as worried as you because now that there's a greater public awareness of Russia's meddling that more pressure will be put on the government to act on it. I'm more worried about Republicans redrawing district lines even more to their advantage as 33 of the 50 states have Republican governors.

I'm pry not as worried as you because now that there's a greater public awareness of Russia's meddling that more pressure will be put on the government to act on it. I'm more worried about Republicans redrawing district lines even more to their advantage as 33 of the 50 states have Republican governors.

What you should be worried about is that people like gator are running your party; the people who believe the only reason Trump won the election is because of Russia and Comey, and not because of anything or anyone else.

The CIA interference into the 2012 French elections was to fight communism?

https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/

Standard info gathering. Did they help any one side win there? Did they spread misinformation? Does the CIA have a candidate that might be compromised by money, loans or something else? Tell me how this is not a false equivalency you are throwing out there

And do you agree that Putin's is a criminal regime?

What you should be worried about is that people like gator are running your party; the people who believe the only reason Trump won the election is because of Russia and Comey, and not because of anything or anyone else.

Well aware of that. Pelosi has to go as we've lost over 1,000 seats at a state and federal level. That was NOT Russia. I'm more center left but all the energy in the party right now is with the progressive wing and you usually go towards where the energy is.

Not before 2020 when the census is. And a Republican in the WH will start to undo the Republican dominance at the state level. Not having a black president will hopefully lead to more Democrats elected.

Well aware of that. Pelosi has to go as we've lost over 1,000 seats at a state and federal level. That was NOT Russia. I'm more center left but all the energy in the party right now is with the progressive wing and you usually go towards where the energy is.

Who is a good center left Democrat you like?

Not before 2020 when the census is. And a Republican in the WH will start to undo the Republican dominance at the state level. Not having a black president will hopefully lead to more Democrats elected.

LOL. What? It has nothing to do with having a white president in the White House. It has everything to do with Trump and Republicans policies that should energize the Democratic base. Another problem with the Democratic party is IDENTITY politics that you just mentioned. Hillary catered to minorities, called Trump supporters a basket of deplorables as if everyone who voted for him was racist, homophobic, or sexist, and had Madeline Albright say all women that don't vote for Hillary are going to hell. She said nothing that would inspire the white working class who usually vote Democrat to vote for her. She was probably the most corrupt candidate in recent history as she was in bed with Wall Street and took money anywhere in the world she could find it.

Edited by Doc Brown

LOL. What? It has nothing to do with having a white president in the White House. It has everything to do with Trump and Republicans policies that should energize the Democratic base. Another problem with the Democratic party is IDENTITY politics that you just mentioned. Hillary catered to minorities, called Trump supporters a basket of deplorables as if everyone who voted for him was racist, homophobic, or sexist, and had Madeline Albright say all women that don't vote for Hillary are going to hell. She said nothing that would inspire the white working class who usually vote Democrat to vote for her. She was probably the most corrupt candidate in recent history as she was in bed with Wall Street and took money anywhere in the world she could find it.

You don't think race played a role in the hate towards Obama? The Democrats are the minority's party. You know the history of the nation, right? Come on, you know the solid south was freaking out. Where are the tea partiers now that they have a chance to get rid of hated Obamacare? You know, the policy goal!! They could care less because that president is gone.

You think Hillary is More corrupt than Trump? You know that Trump University was a fraud, right? Most candidates take money from Wall Street and her foundation like all foundations accepts donations from whoever will give them.

Edited by Tiberius

why do you bother to gaytor?

it lowers you. its pointless and it's only best served for idiots like chef jim who seem to get some sort of satisfaction out of it

And yet the people of New York continue to re-elect him with 70% of the vote

What does that say about the voters of New York?

That we're the same dipshits who elected Hillary be a do-nothing senator... twice?

you like women fat as cows?

Oh, hell no. I married a Spaniard, not a Texan.

But Texas women can be generalized by city. Dallas women have giant hair, Houston women are trashy and fun loving, Austin women are fit but angry, and San Antonio women could be wealthy beyond measure if there was a market for cellulite.

Edited by Azalin

Oh, hell no. I married a Spaniard, not a Texan.

But Texas women can be generalized by city. Dallas women have giant hair, Houston women are trashy and fun loving, Austin women are fit but angry, and San Antonio women could be wealthy beyond measure if there was a market for cellulite.

So how do El Paso women measure up?