Trump foreign policy

Does the west have the will to survive, Trumper asks??

I grew up hearing at least 10 times a week how we are locked in mortal combat with the Soviet Union and probably will die from a nuclear war at some point.

Presidential debates until 1988 held large portions on how the candidate would handle the nuclear arsenal for increase and spending.

Aren't we owed something for all this fearmongering we were put under?

It's the most striking absence today... if you watch a debate from the 70s or 80s and even the most liberal Dem is acting tough about nuclear weapon stockpiling. Thank goodness this is hopefully not passed on to those under 45 years old now.

inconceivable.jpg

Shock Report: Trump’s tough trade talk is working.

As the G-20 summit gets underway in Germany, a shocking study out of Britain suggests — are you sitting down? — President Trump’s aggressive statements on trade may actually be working to the benefit of the United States.

Stay with us because you probably won’t see much about this White House success elsewhere. Critics have long suggested that Trump’s bluntness would alienate trade partners or, worse, even ignite trade wars. True, some like Germany are not happy.

But the Center for Economic Policy Research in London has just reported that the other 19 G-20 economies took 52 steps against United States commercial entities in the first six months of this year.

And that, the Center reports, is — wait for it — down 29% from the first six months of last year when someone, let’s say, more aloof and less outspoken was president of the United States. These actions against U.S. interests include quotas, duties and tariffs on imports from the U.S., measures against dumping and tax incentives for exporters that could adversely U.S. companies.

In public remarks and even tweets, Trump has ranted about the global trade playing field being tilted against the U.S. “The United States made some of the worst Trade Deals in world history,” he’s said. “Why should we continue these deals with countries that do not help us?”

If looks could kill... Orange Julius looks so pissed that he was dissed.

Pissed? What the !@#$ are you watching? He looks like a kindergartener who didn't get a second scoop of ice cream.

Who, of course, have been actively trashing the president and undermining him and the office at every turn since the election.

But... details.

The U.S. Intelligence Agencies?

Donny may think he knows more than his generals and the U.S. Intelligence Agencies, but imo he does not.

Donny may think he knows more than his generals and the U.S. Intelligence Agencies, but imo he does not.

Are these the same generals and intelligence agencies who you probably roasted about WMD in Iraq, Gitmo, etc?

Yes, the ones that have been leaking like a sieve, releasing anonymous reports (often misleading and false) designed to undermine 45 before he even took office and call into question the legitimacy of our election - all because he threatens the USIC's regime change agendas.

If you're not aware that there is an information war going on between elements of the USIC and the Executive branch then you haven't been paying attention.

Are these the same generals and intelligence agencies who you probably roasted about WMD in Iraq, Gitmo, etc?

You mistake me for someone else.

Yes, the ones that have been leaking like a sieve, releasing anonymous reports (often misleading and false) designed to undermine 45 before he even took office and call into question the legitimacy of our election - all because he threatens the USIC's regime change agendas.

If you're not aware that there is an information war going on between elements of the USIC and the Executive branch then you haven't been paying attention.

in October and November Donny LOVED WikiLeaks.

Now he hates them.

Am I wrong?

I haven't been paying that much attention.

Don't get me wrong. I am no fan of leaks.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

in October and November Donny LOVED WikiLeaks.

Now he hates them.

Am I wrong?

I haven't been paying that much attention.

The leaks I'm referencing aren't from Wikileaks. They're from unnamed sources in the USIC that have been the fodder of every Washington Post, NYT, CNN, and LA Times story re: collusion since the election.

Wikileaks is not part of the USIC... unless you're arguing they are - which is something better left speculated on in the Deep State thread.

The leaks I'm referencing aren't from Wikileaks. They're from unnamed sources in the USIC that have been the fodder of every Washington Post, NYT, CNN, and LA Times story re: collusion since the election.

Wikileaks is not part of the USIC... unless you're arguing they are - which is something better left speculated on in the Deep State thread.

They have lots of people. How you going to stop leaks when the president can't stop leaks from his own office, in his own house. So it's lame and silly to blame the intelligence agencies as a whole. They are doing their job and when all agree like that it's best to listen and not just come up with nonsense to dismiss them

They have lots of people. How you going to stop leaks when the president can't stop leaks from his own office, in his own house. So it's lame and silly to blame the intelligence agencies as a whole. They are doing their job and when all agree like that it's best to listen and not just come up with nonsense to dismiss them

Their job is to serve the government of the United States and protect its national security, not dictate policy and undermine the legitimacy of the election.

Not exactly, no. Very different things to look for WMD in Middle East and cyber crimes. Also, the intelligence agencies were hardly as united as they are on this. Plus, it was the Bush administrtion that cherry picked, highlighted and outright lied about what the intelligence agencies were saying

Not exactly, no. Very different things to look for WMD in Middle East and cyber crimes. Also, the intelligence agencies were hardly as united as they are on this. Plus, it was the Bush administrtion that cherry picked, highlighted and outright lied about what the intelligence agencies were saying

:lol:

logic cartwheels

Their job is to serve the government of the United States and protect its national security, not dictate policy and undermine the legitimacy of the election.

The election was attacked! That is a national security issue

Not exactly, no. Very different things to look for WMD in Middle East and cyber crimes. Also, the intelligence agencies were hardly as united as they are on this.

The NYT already retracted their BS statement that the USIC was unified in their assessment of the hacks. You're behind the "news".

And, it's not just the same agencies that dropped the ball on WMD who have been pushing the collusion narrative, it's the same people.

But carry on.

:lol:

logic cartwheels

Your post sure was.

Question: if Trump is in debt to a Kremlin controlled "bank" would that be enough of a conflict of interest to warrant his removal?

The NYT already retracted their BS statement that the USIC was unified in their assessment of the hacks. You're behind the "news".

And, it's not just the same agencies that dropped the ball on WMD who have been pushing the collusion narrative, it's the same people.

But carry on.

Links ?

The election was attacked! That is a national security issue

The election wasn't attacked in 2017 any more than it was in 2012, 2008, 2004 et al. And calling it "attacked" is hyperbole - and precisely my point. You're defending unnamed sources in the USIC who have yet to produce a shred of evidence of their claims, have backed down on nearly every claim made at the start (all 17 USIC agencies agree! ... I mean 3 of 17 agree!... there was collusion! ... no, wait, there was maybe collusion with random Americans and Russians...) and on an on we go.

You've been had.

Links ?

Look through my posts, they're hundred of links making this case. But here's the NYT retraction:

Correction: June 29, 2017

A White House Memo article on Monday about President Trump’s deflections and denials about Russia referred incorrectly to the source of an intelligence assessment that said Russia orchestrated hacking attacks during last year’s presidential election. The assessment was made by four intelligence agencies — the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency. The assessment was not approved by all 17 organizations in the American intelligence community.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/25/us/politics/trumps-deflections-and-denials-on-russia-frustrate-even-his-allies.html

The election wasn't attacked in 2017 any more than it was in 2012, 2008, 2004 et al. And calling it "attacked" is hyperbole - and precisely my point. You're defending unnamed sources in the USIC who have yet to produce a shred of evidence of their claims, have backed down on nearly every claim made at the start (all 17 USIC agencies agree! ... I mean 3 of 17 agree!... there was collusion! ... no, wait, there was maybe collusion with random Americans and Russians...) and on an on we go.

You've been had.

Even Trup said it was hacked, and Putin just said it was patriots that did it, his patriots. And it was an attack, Putin got his man, and all those bank loans from the Kremlin are blackmail stuff.

And Frumps job is to be presidential and not act like a jackass.

WRT leaks

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/06/senate-report-avalanche-media-leaks-hurting-national-security.html

A Republican-authored 24 page report, estimated the administration has dealt with roughly one leak per day, was sent to Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The authors urged law enforcement officials to step up their investigation of leaks exposing potentially sensitive information.

“State Secrets: How an Avalanche of Media Leaks is Harming National Security,” cited an “unprecedented wave” of “potentially damaging” leaks.

The report states that the leaks flowed about “seven times faster” under the Trump administration than during the first 126 days of both Obama’s and George W. Bush’s presidency.

“It is also apparent that the arguments often used to justify leaks are at odds with the Trump administration—that leakers are bringing to light potential illegality, unwise policies, or concerns about the President’s temperament—have no legal basis,” the report found.

The report said 78 of the leaks concerned the probe into Russian election meddling and potential collusion with the Trump campaign in the 2016 presidential election, revealing intelligence community intercepts, FBI interviews and intelligence, grand jury subpoenas, and “the workings of a secret surveillance court.”

For me, I'd rather know we have a madman in DC now.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Two scoops two scoops

That and bitching what the other news channels has to say.

I want news not some reality show (meaning fake and scripted) Fox News Business (half) hour 15 minutes of complaints filled in with commercials every 5 minutes.

It's like you've purchased a Vespa, and are now complaining that you can't tow a 40 foot Sea Ray with it.

If you want news, stop consuming infotainment.