Trump foreign policy

I know when there's a crime committed here and the police confiscate evidence, e.g., drugs, cash, cars, etc., they get to keep half and the DA's office gets to keep half once the trial is over. If the Feds are in on it, they get some of the split too. 

Not sure with banking and who the legal entities are that imposed the sanctions, but everybody involved will likely get a cut of that money.

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My favorite reply is the non-sequitur stupidity about Barr somehow covering for Trump eliminating pre-existing conditions.

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's a good question. I don't know... I'm guessing someone here does though.

Looks like most of it goes into the Treasury's general fund. Sometimes to states/victims.

https://wjla.com/news/spotlight-on-america/billions-in-federal-fines-where-does-it-all-go-12-03-2018-190332284

http://graphics.wsj.com/bank-fines-where-did-the-money-go/

• Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

My favorite reply is the non-sequitur stupidity about Barr somehow covering for Trump eliminating pre-existing conditions.

Why cover it up? One would think that Trump would want people to know that he's so good that he's eliminated pre-existing conditions. Does he do this like in a revival meeting?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Early news was neck and neck, now Reports are saying Bibi will be back for a fifth term. 

Did the other party leader have such a sucky-baby fit that he can’t concede for 12 more hours and has to go into hiding?

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Early news was neck and neck, now Reports are saying Bibi will be back for a fifth term. 

Awesome. That is incredibly good news for both us and Israel.

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Damn, a democratic dictatorship!

You'll have to forgive meazza. He wants a return to the good old days of rampant Palestinian Arab bus bombings and intifadeh in lieu of peace and security for the only civilized nation in that region.

4 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Absolutely stunning that the Labor Party -- that of Golda Meir and Yitzhak Rabin -- will have only SIX seats out of the Knesset's 120 after the dust settles.

Because people remember how labor put Israel over the barrel repeatedly. Tough loss for Soros and crew. Praise God.

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Awesome. That is incredibly good news for both us and Israel.

You'll have to forgive meazza. He wants a return to the good old days of rampant Palestinian Arab bus bombings and intifadeh in lieu of peace and security for the only civilized nation in that region.

Because people remember how labor put Israel over the barrel repeatedly. Tough loss for Soros and crew. Praise God.

Moron. So you’re saying that unless I support bibi, I support the radical left wing of Israel? Are you really that ***** stupid? 

22 minutes ago, meazza said:

Moron. So you’re saying that unless I support bibi, I support the radical left wing of Israel? Are you really that ***** stupid? 

He's definitely on the fast slide there.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Tell me something, how was life in Israel when they were bending over backward to accomodate the arabs?

Better, more prosperous and more peaceful than it is now?

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Tell me something, how was life in Israel when they were bending over backward to accomodate the arabs?

Do you ever, ever think or do research before you post?  

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Do you ever, ever think or do research before you post?  

You're right. I never, EVER read about a topic before I post. I clearly have no interest in researching the topic. Never read Haaretz, JPost, or listened to any Israeli commentators on YouTube, either. And CLEARLY I can't remember what it was like during Intifadeh 1 and 2.

Man, you're INCREDIBLY observant.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You're right. I never, EVER read about a topic before I post. I clearly have no interest in researching the topic. Never read Haaretz, JPost, or listened to any Israeli commentators on YouTube, either. And CLEARLY I can't remember what it was like during Intifadeh 1 and 2.

Man, you're INCREDIBLY observant.

:rolleyes:

Then by your logic, there wasn't a safer time in Israel than when Arik Sharon was PM

30 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Incredible. So instead you need to vote for a man who basically aligns himself with anti zionists who refuse military service just to get his coalition? 

Clearly there are no other solutions. 

9 minutes ago, meazza said:

Incredible. So instead you need to vote for a man who basically aligns himself with anti zionists who refuse military service just to get his coalition? 

The alternative to Bibi this time though? :thumbdown:

54 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Fortunately Moses came forward.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The alternative to Bibi this time though? :thumbdown:

don't fight with Meazza on Israel or Serie A soccer  :D

21 hours ago, Koko78 said:

The part I was curious about was the $240m forfeiture for falsifying financials. Where victim pools can likely be determined, firms like mine are tasked with determining who the victims are and how much each entity or individual was affected.

My superiors are looking into this now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

The part I was curious about was the $240m forfeiture for falsifying financials. Where victim pools can likely be determined, firms like mine are tasked with determining who the victims are and how much each entity or individual was affected.

My superiors are looking into this now.

and I work on either side, and sometimes appointed for mediation/arbi, to try to sort out what happened and then what is a just division of the remaining assets... :D

23 minutes ago, meazza said:

In this election? No. Could there be in future elections? Possibly.

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

In this election? No. Could there be in future elections? Possibly.

it's good to see a government continuing that won't apologize for failing to wussily let itself be pushed into the sea and destroyed forever.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's good to see a government continuing that won't apologize for failing to wussily let itself be pushed into the sea and destroyed forever.

Exactly my point. Netanyahu's governance has been effective, despite how his opponents cry foul.

Typically it's cosmopolitan world-governance types that hate him.

26 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Exactly my point. Netanyahu's governance has been effective, despite how his opponents cry foul.

Typically it's cosmopolitan world-governance types that hate him.

the state must be armed and nuclear-ready to the teeth

discussions are occurring when its enemies can hide it's hate enough to pretend to try to talk in discussion

18 minutes ago, meazza said:

You’re just pro dictatorship. Just be honest with yourself. 

looked like a free and open democratic parliamentary election to me

it's okay to have that system, Canada and the UK like it

it's not perfect but you have to live in reality, and Israel's reality is far more stark than Canada or the UK or the US's.

Amid trade war fears, EU overrules France and green lights talks with USA

European Union countries on Monday overruled France and gave the green light for Brussels to open trade talks with Washington as soon as possible and defuse trans-Atlantic tensions.

The EU's 28 member states had struggled for months to agree on a mandate to open the talks, with some fearing the delay would restart a trade war with US President Donald Trump.

</snip>

EU sources said France voted against the mandate and Belgium abstained during a meeting of EU ministers in Luxembourg.

Pursuing a limited trade deal is a key element of a truce negotiated in July that came close earlier this month to imploding after the US threatened $11 billion in fresh trade tariffs against Europe.

Paris voted against the mandate over worries about domestic blowback just months ahead of European elections, set for May 23 to 26.

French President Emmanuel Macron has insisted the US first sign back up to the Paris climate accord after Trump dumped the pact in 2017, infuriating Macron.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

America First? Trump vetoes effort to get us out of one of the worst humanitarian crisis in world today. Why should he allow a little bombing camapign against women and children to get in the way of his business interests with the Saudis 

President Trump on Tuesday vetoed a resolution that would have ended U.S. support for the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen.

The move, which had been expected, marks the second veto of Trump’s presidency.

“This resolution is an unnecessary, dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities, endangering the lives of American citizens and brave service members, both today and in the future,” Trump said in a statement.

The measure had passed the House on a 247-to-175 vote this month and was approved by the Senate last month with the support of seven Republicans.

This month’s House vote marked the first time both chambers had acted to invoke the same war-powers resolution to end U.S. military engagement in a foreign conflict. It also represented the latest instance of Congress’s challenging Trump’s decisions as commander in chief.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-vetoes-resolution-to-end-us-participation-in-yemens-civil-war/2019/04/16/0fabc312-60a1-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html?utm_term=.5515ebd3e119

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

America First? Trump vetoes effort to get us out of one of the worst humanitarian crisis in world today. Why should he allow a little bombing camapign against women and children to get in the way of his business interests with the Saudis 

All of this peace and prosperity is really tough for you to deal with, isn’t it? Here’s a hint...THIS is as good as it gets...and you’re missing it while whining on and on about the latest nonsense of the day. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

All of this peace and prosperity is really tough for you to deal with, isn’t it? Here’s a hint...THIS is as good as it gets...and you’re missing it while whining on and on about the latest nonsense of the day. 

Ya, just like when Obama was President! 

17 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Ayatollah Obama was the worst president in my lifetime and that includes Johnson, Nixon and Carter

The name calling of Obama really detracts from the message, much like the slurs that are tossed at Trump. 

There are many faults with Obama's presidency, but they are immediately drowned out by the incessant & unnecessary potshots.  Much easier for people to argue that he's not the Ayatola, and you get sucked into defending the name calling, as opposed to arguing his bad presidency.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GG said:

The name calling of Obama really detracts from the message, much like the slurs that are tossed at Trump. 

There are many faults with Obama's presidency, but they are immediately drowned out by the incessant & unnecessary potshots.  Much easier for people to argue that he's not the Ayatola, and you get sucked into defending the name calling, as opposed to arguing his bad presidency.

Thank you. Obama was a bad enough president without this BS.

tRUMP, Orange-man, etc are also stupidly juvenile and he does enough other stuff that the attacks can be limited to the merits. 

Now if only we can get the same civility here at PPP!