Trump foreign policy

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bah, nothing suspicious here:

Neither shipment passed through official customs entry points, he said.

Then, on March 7, police raided the premises of AGR after securing a court order and found the 3.6-tonne batch but the first shipment had disappeared, he said.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Neither shipment passed through official customs entry points, he said.

Then, on March 7, police raided the premises of AGR after securing a court order and found the 3.6-tonne batch but the first shipment had disappeared, he said.

Probably, more like the Police found all 7.4 tons, and then "pilfered" 3.8 tons (if you can be said to pilfer 3.8 tons of anything), and then reported that they found 3.6 tons.

7 minutes ago, GG said:

That's stupid.  Why do you need to go to the bank office with a security detail to make an electronic transfer?

Or, you know, have entry into the bank pre-arranged? Especially if you're carrying weapons.

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. Something strange about the story.

It's like a plot of a movie as written by Gator or EII

Edited by GG

29 minutes ago, GG said:

That's stupid.  Why do you need to go to the bank office with a security detail to make an electronic transfer?

i've seen it in my work, i would enjoy finding something that i could find new and interesting in transactions...

Edited by row_33

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hmm, how often does POTUS meet with a President on the home turf, while simultaneously SOS meets with PM on the away field?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That should have a rather negative impact on regional stability.  It's a militarily critical zone for both sides - either Syria has a fortified position overlooking Haifa, or Israel has one overlooking Damascus.  Either side owning it scares the ***** out of the other. 

Would probably be better for everyone if it were an unoccupied DMZ. 

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That should have a rather negative impact on regional stability.  It's a militarily critical zone for both sides - either Syria has a fortified position overlooking Haifa, or Israel has one overlooking Damascus.  Either side owning it scares the ***** out of the other. 

Would probably be better for everyone if it were an unoccupied DMZ. 

You have a 50-year long history of one side owning it and a 20-year history of the other side owning it.  Which one has been used exclusively on offense?

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Wow, after looking at some of his other tweets: this guy is a certified whackadoodle.

? Actually he reminded me of some of the nutbars here. And Donnie boy! 

Edited by BigMcD

1 hour ago, GG said:

You have a 50-year long history of one side owning it and a 20-year history of the other side owning it.  Which one has been used exclusively on offense?

Neither.  Both sides have used it for offensive operations.  The cease-fire in the Yom Kippur war was negotiated in a big damn hurry because the Israelis were about to take Damascus, attacking out of the Golan.  The Beqaa Valley was invaded in 1982 in part from the Golan.  And Israeli air strikes into Syria would be much more difficult without the Golan to operate behind.  

Not that I'm sympathetic to the Syrians - the Israelis have significant security concerns with respect to their overly aggressive neighbor that makes their occupation of the Golan a strategic requirement, much like their Sinai occupation was before the Egyptians came to their senses.  And I don't support ending the Israeli occupation unless they get serious concessions from Syria.  But this isn't occupation now, it's annexation, which creates a security concern of at least equal magnitude for Syria in its own right, that will outlast however long the Assad regime has left.  That is destabilizing.

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

heh

He's probably right...but let's see the UN Armed Forces try to enforce this.  

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Neither.  Both sides have used it for offensive operations.  The cease-fire in the Yom Kippur war was negotiated in a big damn hurry because the Israelis were about to take Damascus, attacking out of the Golan.  The Beqaa Valley was invaded in 1982 in part from the Golan.  And Israeli air strikes into Syria would be much more difficult without the Golan to operate behind.  

Not that I'm sympathetic to the Syrians - the Israelis have significant security concerns with respect to their overly aggressive neighbor that makes their occupation of the Golan a strategic requirement, much like their Sinai occupation was before the Egyptians came to their senses.  And I don't support ending the Israeli occupation unless they get serious concessions from Syria.  But this isn't occupation now, it's annexation, which creates a security concern of at least equal magnitude for Syria in its own right, that will outlast however long the Assad regime has left.  That is destabilizing.

He's probably right...but let's see the UN Armed Forces try to enforce this.  

As if the words change a 59 year reality.  Israel was not handing over the Golan no matter what it is called. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, GG said:

As if the words change a 59 year reality.  Israel was not handing over the Golan no matter what it is called. 

People used to say the same about the Sinai.  And Gaza.

And frankly, I'm still amazed they handed over that buffer zone.  But it happens.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd  be surprised if they handed over Golan at ANY price.

It'd probably take a US-backed regime change and near-complete disarmament of Syria.  It would certainly require Syrian recognition of Israel's right to exist, which isn't happening while the PA and Hezbollah exist and Iran is under its current leadership.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

It'd probably take a US-backed regime change and near-complete disarmament of Syria.  It would certainly require Syrian recognition of Israel's right to exist, which isn't happening while the PA and Hezbollah exist and Iran is under its current leadership.

I'm with you on that.