Jim Harbaugh - HC & GM

bobobonators

Harbaugh has clearly proven that he was right and that Baalke et al were wrong. I don't think that's debatable. Baalke is a moron relative to Harbaugh.

And he was a moronic character in that horrible 80s sitcom too.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a turn around artist (and we probably are there) then Jim Harbaugh is the best in the business. If you want a guy who will win a Championship - then it isn't him. He doesn't win the big ones, and the reason he doesn't he only has one setting - full intense. It cost him a Superbowl because he sent a more talented team than his opponents out too tight and too hyped to perform. By the time they relaxed and started to play it was too late. He would kick the Bills into action and he would get us to playoffs... but I doubt very much he wins us a Championship (though he is much more likely to than Rex Ryan!)

Exactly. Harbaugh's coaching abilities are above reproach.

In my opinion, there are maybe a handful of coaches in this entire country (college and NFL) that you can clearly say are a better option than Harbaugh.

I agree, and like I said in my first post I wouldn't hate him here as our next coach if that ever happened. I was just pointing out it wasn't all rosey as he was despised by many around him when he left SF, including a divided locker room. He lost that team and lost the FO support to go with it.

And to be fair to other fair and good posts like Dave Mcbrides, I do agree the GM in SF stinks, so I don't dispute that. The Niner team did quickly turn around under him, but he also was there when a lot of young defensive talent arrived and rose to elite status. An Elite defense makes any coaches job easier. But like I said, I would not hate the idea of him as our coach, but he doesnt come without some risk.

What the heck has he done to make you think he can be an NFL GM? Have you not seen with Chip Kelly during his time with the Eagles what happens when you give a coach too much say over personnel?

I dont have anything to back me up when it comes to Harbaugh's GM abilities in the NFL.

However, being that Harbaugh is a control freak I'd assume the only chance anyone has to pull Jim away from Michigan would be to give him the $$$ AND power. If he doesnt have full autonomy i can see him bouncing after 2-3 yrs once him and the GM butt heads. And they will butt heads.

If Harbaugh and a GM can coexist than sure that would be ideal. But someone like Harbaugh needs to run the show.

Chip cant shake $h*t when it comes to coaching ability relative to Harbaugh. Harbaugh dominated as a coach in the NFL already. Chip hasnt.

Edited by bobobonators

I dont have anything to back me up when it comes to Harbaugh's GM abilities in the NFL.

However, being that Harbaugh is a control freak I'd assume the only chance anyone has to pull Jim away from Michigan would be to give him the $$$ AND power. If he doesnt have full autonomy i can see him bouncing after 2-3 yrs once him and the GM butt heads. And they will butt heads.

If Harbaugh and a GM can coexist than sure that would be ideal. But someone like Harbaugh needs to run the show.

Chip cant shake $h*t when it comes to coaching ability relative to Harbaugh. Harbaugh dominated as a coach in the NFL already. Chip hasnt.

So even though he has no experience, just hand him the GM keys, and hope he doesn't $hit the bed? No thank you. Not now, not ever.

So even though he has no experience, just hand him the GM keys, and hope he doesn't **** the bed? No thank you. Not now, not ever.

Im not saying that JH should be bogged down in the minutiae of being a GM. BB and Carroll for example call the shots. Carroll was the vice president of football operations and though Schneider has an active voice in personnel decisions, its Carroll that makes the final call. Not the other way around. With BB its Nick Caserio who serves as his right hand man and is the director of player personnel. BB has the last word.

Give JH the same authority as a Pete Carroll by making him "ABC of Football Operations" title while having someone else assist him. The buck should stop with JH though. And not the other way around.

If Jim Kelly say it would be alright with him if Harbaugh is hired, then I say okay.

Yeh thats a sore spot. Edited by bobobonators