Jim Harbaugh - HC & GM

bobobonators

They are already dealing with rumors about the head coach leaving through the recruiting dead period, which started today. Thanks to whoever started this rumor about him being in line for the Rams job.

While I wouldn't hate this, I would caution that he lost his team in SF and players were split on respecting him and hating him. The FO had issues with him as well. So he represents some risk and I think he is better suited for college than the NFL. The team he had in SF had an insanely talented Defense, which makes life easier on any coach. Once that D started losing players and falling off so did the Niners in one of the more epic declines in history given the youth they had among their talent.

he is soooo weird. Like might need a "break" from society weird. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are already dealing with rumors about the head coach leaving through the recruiting dead period, which started today. Thanks to whoever started this rumor about him being in line for the Rams job.

he is soooo weird. Like might need a "break" from society weird.

Yolo, you follow Buckeyes football very closely, right? And the Big 10 in general?

You know being a HC in college is all about recruiting and it's a very different cup of tea relative to the life of an NFL head coach.

Which is it that Harbaugh prefers or would be naturally attracted to?

There are a lot of huge superstar coaches at the collegiate level in different sports who fit perfectly there, but probably not at the pro level.

Coach K comes to mind.

Is Harbaugh an NFL guy or a college guy at heart?

he is soooo weird. Like might need a "break" from society weird.

His coaching record at Stanford, SF, and now Michigan is undeniable. Instant credibility.

Im personally tired of going and hiring either unproven entities or entities proven at either sucking or being avg.

Just my opinion. Complete autonomy.

Yolo, you follow Buckeyes football very closely, right? And the Big 10 in general?

You know being a HC in college is all about recruiting and it's a very different cup of tea relative to the life of an NFL head coach.

Which is it that Harbaugh prefers or would be naturally attracted to?

There are a lot of huge superstar coaches at the collegiate level in different sports who fit perfectly there, but probably not at the pro level.

Coach K comes to mind.

Is Harbaugh an NFL guy or a college guy at heart?

he didn't go to UM for the money and he won't leave for money. His contract is very unique too, not so easy to match the value. I think the recruiting circus and big game failures have really worn on him and driven him a bit toward the looney bin, but he's a better fit for college. Edited by YoloinOhio

While I wouldn't hate this, I would caution that he lost his team in SF and players were split on respecting him and hating him. The FO had issues with him as well. So he represents some risk and I think he is better suited for college than the NFL. The team he had in SF had an insanely talented Defense, which makes life easier on any coach. Once that D started losing players and falling off so did the Niners in one of the more epic declines in history given the youth they had among their talent.

Harbaugh has clearly proven that he was right and that Baalke et al were wrong. I don't think that's debatable. Baalke is a moron relative to Harbaugh.

He is a Michigan Alum and he is staying there for a while, if not forever. He is also a gigantic douche bag who had one stinking good year at SF and then the entire franchise became a tire fire that is still burning.

Harbaugh was hired by the 49ers in 2011 after they went 6-10. The 49ers went to 13-3 in his first year 2011. 11-4-1 and a super bowl his second year 2012. 12-4 his third year 2013, and 8-8 2014 his fourth year mostly because his GM dismantled the best offensive line in the league, their QB Colin Kaepernick regressed. (Buffalo should be so lucky)

Harbaugh took all the blame but it was Trent Baalke who the real problem with that team and he should be fired this offseason. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/gm-trent-baalke-likely-done-with-49ers-chip-kellys-fate-up-to-next-gm/

Nice try, though, Crayonz.

Harbaugh has clearly proven that he was right and that Baalke et al were wrong. I don't think that's debatable. Baalke is a moron relative to Harbaugh.

Can you really say that though? The year they lost Harbaugh, they also lost a ton of their best talent to early retirement, injury, etc.

The Niners are not good because they are devoid of talent now, and they lost most that talent to early retirement, injury, or off field troubles.

Harbaugh was hired by the 49ers in 2011 after they went 6-10. The 49ers went to 13-3 in his first year 2011. 11-4-1 and a super bowl his second year 2012. 12-4 his third year 2013, and 8-8 2014 his fourth year mostly because his GM dismantled the best offensive line in the league, their QB Colin Kaepernick regressed. (Buffalo should be so lucky)

Harbaugh took all the blame but it was Trent Baalke who the real problem with that team and he should be fired this offseason. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/gm-trent-baalke-likely-done-with-49ers-chip-kellys-fate-up-to-next-gm/

Yep.

The entire planet hated him when he left SF and they are still in ruins. We got his OC here....and you see what happened with that right?

Can you really say that though? The year they lost Harbaugh, they also lost a ton of their best talent to early retirement, injury, etc.

The Niners are not good because they are devoid of talent now, and they lost most that talent to early retirement, injury, or off field troubles.

Baalke fought a very public battle with Harbaugh, making it clear that it was either him or Harbaugh. All Harbaugh has ever done is win, and I'm including his University of San Diego stint (which was very impressive). Once Harbaugh left, Baalke's Niners have been a complete disaster. They are arguably the worst-run franchise in the league at present.

The entire planet hated him when he left SF and they are still in ruins. We got his OC here....and you see what happened with that right?

Roman was not a bad OC for the Bills and was basically a scapegoat. He lasted two games in Buffalo this season. Game one was on the road against one of the league's two best defenses. In the other one, the team scored a lot (24 offensive points; 297 passing yards; 400 total yards) but the defense was terrible. Roman was fine in SF. I liked his offense.

Edited by dave mcbride

Baalke fought a very public battle with Harbaugh, making it clear that it was either him or Harbaugh. All Harbaugh has ever done is win, and I'm including his University of San Diego stint (which was very impressive). Once Harbaugh left, Baalke's Niners have been a complete disaster. They are arguably the worst-run franchise in the league at present.

Exactly. Harbaugh's coaching abilities are above reproach.

In my opinion, there are maybe a handful of coaches in this entire country (college and NFL) that you can clearly say are a better option than Harbaugh.

Roman was not a bad OC for the Bills and was basically a scapegoat. He lasted two games in Buffalo this season. Game one was on the road against one of the league's two best defenses. In the other one, the team scored a lot (24 offensive points; 297 passing yards; 400 total yards) but the defense was terrible. Roman was fine in SF. I liked his offense.

EDIT: The league's BEST defense. The Ravens are #1 in both yards and points allowed per game.

I agree with this and must say that Greg Roman was made to be the scapegoat. just look at what happened this week against the Steelers as Tyrod came out throwing. The Bills offensive and defensive lines were manhandled!

LeSean McCoy 12 rushes for 27 yards a 2.3 yard per carry average. Now granted the line lost Glenn early on and with Groy at center, Cujo at LT, Mills and Miller this O-line couldn't move anyone off the line. Still, the Bills had no answer in getting their run game going. The Raiders stopped the Bills run game and forced Tyrod to throw too.

As bad as Tyrod Taylor played he actually had better stats than Big Ben! Too bad a lot of that came in garbage time.

Some fans want Lynn as HC and I look at the game against the Raiders when the ball at the Buffalo 4 yard line and Lynn calls for a shotgun pass out of the end zone with Mills blocking Khalil Mack, a disaster waiting to happen. 99% of the NFL teams would run the ball in that situation.

Baalke sucks and he didn't become the actual 49ers GM until 2011 so he wasn't the one who brought in all that talent to the team. While he did properly evaluate the talent it was GM Scot McCoughlan that built that team. The 49ers are 1-12 and only the Browns are worse.

10yrs / $100million

Outside of the hoodie and maybe carroll, there is no better HC and football mind around.

Burn the house down. Napalm it. Let Harbaugh rebuild it from scratch.

Get 'er done!!!

What the heck has he done to make you think he can be an NFL GM? Have you not seen with Chip Kelly during his time with the Eagles what happens when you give a coach too much say over personnel?

Edited by LabattBlue