For TT it is "This week"

Dragonborn10

It may sound stupid to pin the decision to bring TT back on one game, but I think this is his one and last chance to prove to Pegula, Whaley, and Rex that he can be the starter. He has got to play well and be the reason they win this game. The offense is as healthy as it has been all year minus Wood. Groy is doing fine. They are at home. Pittsburgh is a very good but flawed team. Oh did I mention TT has Sammy, Robert, Goodwin, McCoy, TD Mike, and Clay all ready to play.

If TT is the reason they lose this game he is done. If TT does not play better then Big Ben he is done.

I'm not asking TT to be something he is not. I don't care if he throws for 200 and runs for 125. I don't care how he does it. Even if his only TD is a catch from EJ (yes that play will happen this week out of the WildCat) but he must win this game.

He has to be the best player on the field at the end of the game.

This is a game that every franchise QB must win. A home December game with the playoffs on the line. Every fan in that stadium must go home knowing TT won this game and they are alive for one more week.

Anything less, and he is gone.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know what they do at this point. TT has shown some bad technique this year. Unless they resign Manuel, I think they pick up the TT option. They need to have either Manuel or TT with them next year. Even if they draft someone, they need a starter until that guys is ready. Rex, Whaley and TT are the three musketeers in Buffalo. One for all, and all for one. If one goes, they all go. So the Steelers game is not the end of line for TT. He will be in a Bills uniform next year and hopefully he can figure it out. Whaley needs to get some OL men.

He has this week. If we win, he has another and another and another til he loses one. He's going to play the next 4 games regardless of what anyone wants. He's our starter for 2016. While I don't think he'all be our guy next year, I'm really pulling for him to make a special run at it. Cheers to you Tyrod Taylor . Go get yours

He has this week. If we win, he has another and another and another til he loses one. He's going to play the next 4 games regardless of what anyone wants. He's our starter for 2016. While I don't think he'all be our guy next year, I'm really pulling for him to make a special run at it. Cheers to you Tyrod Taylor . Go get yours

It's a time for glory.

To the OP I don't agree. This team has been constructed as such that Taylor needs to be the reason the Bills do not lose. By this I mean, the Bills do not want to rely on Taylor to out play the other teams QB. Taylor has been coached to play smart and conservative and give the running game and the D a chance to win the game. If you want to put this game on someone to 'show you' it is the D. It is time for Rex to dial up a game plan like he did in the second game of the NE series last year. This is how the Bills will win. Taylors stat line will probably be 17-29 for 195 yards and one touchdown with no Int's. It will be this in a win or a loss. It usually is.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

IMO the Bills brass is like 80% mind made up on TT, so these last 4 games, which DW referred to just another chapter, aren't going to override the overall body of work of TT.

I don't think this game against Pitt or the last 4 games are going to make or break TT. He is what he is and this is only going to be 4 more games of the same mediocrity.

This is the Bills. We all know what will happen: We win out. TT looks "decent," but not "great." We miss the playoffs. TT is back next year. We go into the season with TT and Jones, EJ leaves in FA. TT plays "decent" again next year, and we miss the playoffs again. Then we draft a QB in 2018.

BALH!!!!

To the OP I don't agree. This team has been constructed as such that Taylor needs to be the reason the Bills do not lose. By this I mean, the Bills do not want to rely on Taylor to out play the other teams QB. Taylor has been coached to play smart and conservative and give the running game and the D a chance to win the game. If you want to put this game on someone to 'show you' it is the D. It is time for Rex to dial up a game plan like he did in the second game of the NE series last year. This is how the Bills will win. Taylors stat line will probably be 17-29 for 195 yards and one touchdown with no Int's. It will be this in a win or a loss. It usually is.

I agree that the team is constructed so that TT does not need to lose the games. However, in the NFL to be very successful you need a QB to be able to "win" games. Early in Big Ben's time with the Steelers they did not ask him to win games, because they had Bettis and a nasty D. Ben threw about 15-20 times a game. I remember people in Pittsburgh calling him a game manager. However, when he needed to step up and win games, he did. TT has not shown any ability to step up and win games, or make the necessary passes to be a complete QB.

Edited by RyanC883

Yes lets put this game ALL on Tyrod......forget the fact that our D cant hold teams under 20 points if their life depended on it

Had a shot in Seattle came up short. Couldn't do **** in the second half last week. Barely scored enough to beat a gimp Cincinnati team. Crapped the bed against the ravens. He may not be the only problem but he's a HUGE problem

It may sound stupid to pin the decision to bring TT back on one game, but I think this is his one and last chance to prove to Pegula, Whaley, and Rex that he can be the starter. He has got to play well and be the reason they win this game. The offense is as healthy as it has been all year minus Wood. Groy is doing fine. They are at home. Pittsburgh is a very good but flawed team. Oh did I mention TT has Sammy, Robert, Goodwin, McCoy, TD Mike, and Clay all ready to play.

If TT is the reason they lose this game he is done. If TT does not play better then Big Ben he is done.

I'm not asking TT to be something he is not. I don't care if he throws for 200 and runs for 125. I don't care how he does it. Even if his only TD is a catch from EJ (yes that play will happen this week out of the WildCat) but he must win this game.

He has to be the best player on the field at the end of the game.

This is a game that every franchise QB must win. A home December game with the playoffs on the line. Every fan in that stadium must go home knowing TT won this game and they are alive for one more week.

Anything less, and he is gone.

Better than Big Ben who is a top 10 QB? Not likely. He needs to lead team enough to make a difference however.

Well TT may not think so but this is a great situation for Bills mgmt coaches and fans. Taylor has put himself in the position of a truly must win. The pressure may seem a bit unfair to some but to me it's just right. Be a QB. Be a leader. Show everyone you belong...or don't. The choice should be clear after this game from owner to fan. This isn't a participation ribbon situation. Prove you deserve the job. Fall on your face again and you should be history. Win with all the pressure and you belong. That simple.

I have a feeling the Bills and Taylor rework his deal this offseason to give him another shot for next year. Even with a reworked contract, we probably will be paying him more than what he can get with another team as a free agent. Hope they bring in some competition for him in some form. Who knows if there will be a better option available to us this offseason.

Yes lets put this game ALL on Tyrod......forget the fact that our D cant hold teams under 20 points if their life depended on it

Lets not forget that TT has had scrub receivers to work with most of the year. Once Watkins and Woods are out of the lineup it's a long drop off to the next level of our WR's. I would give TT another year and bring in a RT and two more decent WR's for TT to throw to.

Lets not forget that TT has had scrub receivers to work with most of the year. Once Watkins and Woods are out of the lineup it's a long drop off to the next level of our WR's. I would give TT another year and bring in a RT and two more decent WR's for TT to throw to.

He had the starting receivers the first 2 weeks and we were 0-2... that fact seems to escape COTT parishioners.