What the Raider Game should have shown everyone

MAJBobby

Scapegoat #957 in honor of Rex. Give me a break. Worst performance ever from a QB?

TT was baaaaaaaaad after the first 2 drives of the second half for sure. But he did have us up 15 and the minute Oakland got the ball back they scored at will for the entire rest of the game. He should not need to have to put up 40 points to win a game and not get the entire blame. He is partially to blame but Rex's defense will never ever stop viable NFL offenses on a consistent basis and sometimes doesn't stop crappy ones. That is too much for John Elway to overcome much less TT. Rex is a terrible NFL head coach. He does funny stuff like icing Janikowski and laughing during the game. I have no problem with the fun stuff...I actually like it....but it has to come AFTER you are prepared for the game.

It's the 3 and outs that hurts your defense as well

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you didn't get a chance to watch the game? Ask anyone on here. Before today I was a you can win with TT guy. I don't believe that is the case after today.

How many points should he have hung on Oakland? Is a 15 point lead in the second half a defense should be able to hold for a few minutes of clock time?

TT clearly had a bad game today and I share your long term concern. But sticking your head in the sand regarding the horrible defense is a mistake. We can no more viably win with Rex as a coach than we can with TT at QB.

We have a ton of talent in various places. Unfortunately Shady's step may be lost before we have the pieces on offense. Sammy is being wasted because of TT's style. The defense has a lot of talent everywhere but we're running corners out of town in defense of Rex after running DL out last year. I guess the LBs will be next year's scapegoats to complete the trifecta. We can draft and draft and draft tremendous defensive players and still give up 40.

I know. And those quick touchdowns really hurt the D too. McCoy and TT on a 2 play drive? WTF is that? Even worse than a 3 and out. You could tell because about 5 plays later the Raiders scored.

No you know what IS telling after that TD the freaking Oc even took the ball out of the hands of this QB with Wildcat Wildcat. If that's not telling what is

during title year threw for 3200 yards. next question

Good and ours?

3and out

3and out

3and out

Game over.

Defense permits TD

Defense permits TD

Defense permits TD

I don't care who the QB is you can't expect to win shootouts with a receiving corps with four #5 or #6 wideouts on the field.....basically a whole corps of guys who have been cut or out of the league at various times this very season!

My expectations for Tyrod aren't top 5 QB in the league. He was a scrap heap pickup who is providing a lot for little cost in personnel chips.

My expectations for the defense ARE TOP MOTHERF*CKING 5 or else! :thumbsup:

The defense has to step up but whenever they are asked to do so they detonate on a nuclear scale.

The record for teams that rush for over 200 yards in a game has to be absolutely spectactular and yet this toothless D blows it. :doh::lol:

It might be time for Pegula to tell Rex he has to hire a new defensive staff with a new scheme or hit the f*cking road.

Good teams just f*cking toy with this defense.......it's embarrassing.

Raiders could and should have put 50-60 points on this D but they were sleep walking in the first half.

No excuse for that much talent and investment on D playing that f*cking bad.

Calm down, Beavis

Bills played a good game, but Mack is a freak of nature

The Bills didnt play a good game. The qb did not. The line was alright all things considered. Mack Irvin are SCARY. But the defense, namely the run d was terrible. How long before Sammy gives up on Tyrod. It seemed likenit was written all over him.

The team is not designed to win shootouts as it is currently constructed.....there is no denying that.

It's not even shootouts; they aren't constructed to have any answer when they don't have all the momentum in their favor. When was the last time this team didn't melt when the other team put on a little heat?

During the second half meltdown of Tyrod, I made up my mind to support your opinion in whatever thread you started, Tyrod can't throw accurately. On a couple of terrible passes toward Sammy, you can see the same summation in Watkins body language.

I also agree with your point to bring in two rookies and see what their upside might be. Of course, if somehow a QB became available in trade or FA I would support going in that direction as well,

I also will support donations to my drinking funds if the bills bring Tyrod back on his contract. I will need financial and alcohol support to watch another year of that.

I Hate it that he can't throw accurately, because he seems like a high character, great intangibles kind of guy that would make a good leader.

I totally support this post! I'm cutting the DirecTv cord this week (not because of football) and if TT is back next year it will make it so much easier to NOT find an alternative to watch live games (I'm in RI and not in the local Buffalo market).

I'm sorry, but TT is awful. He simply is. I really wanted him to succeed and he seems like a hard worker and a great guy...just not an NFL caliber QB. He's a one trick pony, he can run. He should be a WR, he's def not a QB. I know the defense isn't the best but if the offense could score more and keep the defense off the field this team would have a much better record. TT simply can't find open WR, holds the ball too long, takes off and runs too soon, does not have awareness in the pocket, has no sense of urgency...ugh!!!

Really he is gonna get 1100 yards by week 16. Nope not close more like 500

I was wondering where he was gonna have a huge spike. He has a lot of 120 or so yard games. He doesnt average a td passing a game either. I am missing something in regards to tyrod so i am not going to engage in verbal fisticuffs for or against him. My eyes tell me he isnt good. But maybe im off base on this one

We lost to a better team.

Sure we had a legitimate shot at the win but in the end we have this:

1. A QB that cannot find his receivers or accurately deliver the ball.

2. A defensive scheme that requires great cornerback and safety play for success in spite of the fact we have very live talent on the field at those positions.

3. A mediocre loudmouth as a head coach that does not coach or teach the fine details of the game.

Looking at the past 17 years .... it is easy to see we will not succeed until we get better people running the football operations.

I think Tyrod has grave limitations, but this loss is not on him so much as it is on Rex. Rex wants them to play this philosophy of football, where they get the ball with two minutes before the half and a six point lead and just run the clock, with no urgency, no attempt to score. He was happy I guess to go into the half with a one point lead.

The guy cannot coach. When push comes to shove, the defense is a joke. He leaves his corners out on an island and if the pass rush does not get to the QB they get burned to a crisp. And good QB is going to rip them to shreds, and a mediocre one (Fitz) will do so half the time.

The game has passed the man by. This is on Rex, and on the Pegulas for hiring him. Whaley, who has found quality players in unlikely places, who has does his level best to give Rex the players he wants, is probably going to pay the price for the Pegulas' idiotic decision to hire Rex.

You sure about that? I saw the Bills rush three guys on the Raiders' first touchdown, and then run the same exact play on third and long in the red zone. Surprise, they converted again and got the touchdown right after that. Derek Carr is probably thanking our coaches for being completely incapable of making adjustments.

I was referring to the offense

I know. And those quick touchdowns really hurt the D too. McCoy and TT on a 2 play drive? WTF is that? Even worse than a 3 and out. You could tell because about 5 plays later the Raiders scored.

It is undeniable that the Raiders are a very good team and yet we were up by 15. Their quality led them to lead a TD drive immediately.

However, this was the time for the coaches to realize that this game could turn on them and should have played Jauron-ball to have a sustained O drive. The creativity was suddenly gone as was TT's poise. He became incredibly skittish and inaccurate and resulted in consequent 3 and outs. When the D was struggling, it was the O's job to give them a breather and re-group. Yet, the confused D kept getting back on the field. Then came the turnovers. What on earth was TT doing spening 5 seconds finding a receiver when he was in his own EZ ?

I am not absolving the D at all. But being a team game, the coaching and O did them no favors at all. There was plenty of blame to go around, But Watkins was getting open, and I think Goodwin was too. But panicking TT couldnt find or hit them to sustain drives. And to your first point, you score however you can. A quick strike to start the second half can help drive an opposing team to the ground. I am not going to fault them for scoring in less than a minute. I dont get how the second half disaster can be pinned solely on the D.