Clay inactive for game due to birth of child (updated)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously that is your take. I feel sorry for you.

Another great call by you, the PC crowd? Some things are right and some aren't and you sure as hell ain't deciding for me.

Hypothetical : I bet if the POTUS had a childbirth coming he would take the day off. Just saying.

That is such a dumb example! If you can't see the difference I really feel sorry for you.

1) Well I forgive my father for not being in the delivery room........you should too. :lol:

2) Really? :lol:

3) You are aware that the POTUS takes days off right? Vacations etc.. When you are the POTUS you re-schedule Bills versus Raiders around your childbirth.

I never cease to be amazed by the illogical takes on TSW.......keep them coming guys. :lol:

Haha. At least we know Clay's wife is fully pregnant.

Rex obviously should have clarified what he meant by that.

1) Well I forgive my father for not being in the delivery room........you should too. :lol:

3) You are aware that the POTUS takes days off right? Vacations etc.. When you are the POTUS you re-schedule Bills versus Raiders around your childbirth.

I never cease to be amazed by the illogical takes on TSW.......keep them coming guys. :lol:

Thanks for making exactly the point. If POTUS can take a day from his job for childbirth then Charles Clay can too.

As for illogical takes I think you are the one with the issue.

I'm moving on man. Good luck to you in your world.

Even when you agree with the conclusion there are some threads of logic used around this place that really make me question things

It's not from his point of view, it's from the ownership's. Money is being paid to him, a very large amount. It's his responsibility to meet his professional commitment. He chose this profession.

are you kidding...he's having a child..that takes precedence.....would you tell your wife...I can't be there....i have to work?

are you kidding...he's having a child..that takes precedence.....would you tell your wife...I can't be there....i have to work?

"sorry honey, you're on your own. I need fly across the country to run down the field wide open frantically waving my hands for 3 hours"

If my grandfather said they airlifted him from Normandy so he could be there for the birth of my father I might see it your way.

I'm just sayin' the circumstances matter......like the certainty of the outcome for instance.

Thanks for your service but shame on you for trying to use that example.

And if you don't think ownership is annoyed......YOU are naive.

Shame on me for using My example to show that in the end this is Entertainment and a Job. And if the Army does it during combat you don't think an Owner of said entertainment company wouldn't. Too funny

If my Dad missed playing in an NFL game to see my birth, I'd be like WTF. Kid won't remember, and there are only 16 games a year. Send some nice flowers so the kid knows you were thinking of him/her.

The dad isn't going to see the child, the wife will want him to experience her pain during the child birth... And the other bad stuff.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Are we really begrudging a man for making the decision to be present at the birth of his child? Really? I say congratulations, Charles! And just ignore the whiny B word fans who think you owe them something. "Waa, waa, Clay is hurting our chances against the Raider in a really important game. Waa, waa, waa." What an embarrassment.

That's great, that "you" don't have a problem with it. You're not compensating the players and you can't compare a "normal" job to a professional athlete's. I'd be careful before labeling a profession as a "horrible" place to work if unable to see the birth of a child....I can think of a few that are anything but.

So I assume you are speaking for ownship then? Or there is a quote from the Pegulas about how disapointed they are that Clay is taking their money and not playing?

Edited by MDH