Clay inactive for game due to birth of child (updated)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how likely it is that Nick O'Leary permanently takes over the starting role as the Bills TE because of an amazing performance.

5 catches 110 yards and a score.

Calling it now!

I think O'Leary can match Clay's limited role as a receiver. It is in protections and the running game I worry.

I hope O'leary has a huge day. Maybe that'll motivate Clay. I think he should play.....Various professions, it is what it is.....Sometimes you miss out on things like the birth of your child. A multi-million dollar athlete, IMO, should play.

What does money have to do with anything? It's the birth of a child. You can't replace that moment with money

What does money have to do with anything? It's the birth of a child. You can't replace that moment with money

It's not from his point of view, it's from the ownership's. Money is being paid to him, a very large amount. It's his responsibility to meet his professional commitment. He chose this profession.

It's not from his point of view, it's from the ownership's. Money is being paid to him, a very large amount. It's his responsibility to meet his professional commitment. He chose this profession.

jmo but the teams pay NFL players millions based on their talent and that there is a very limited amount of people in the world who can do what these guys do. Thry aren't paying them to place the job over monumental life events. They know that there will be times where life events like births or deaths that are not in their control can occur and conflict with a game, and the player may choose to address said life event. In these (rare) cases they have contingency plans. Edited by YoloinOhio

Stevie Johnson played a day after his mother died and was traded a month later.

Players get paid a lot of money because of their talent and put their long term at health. Teams have no loyalty so I have zero issues with a player choosing his family over a game. I feel the same way with every other profession and if you work in a place where you can't get off for the birth of a child, you work in a horrible place.