Clay inactive for game due to birth of child (updated)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Johnson played a day after his mother died and was traded a month later.

Players get paid a lot of money because of their talent and put their long term at health. Teams have no loyalty so I have zero issues with a player choosing his family over a game. I feel the same way with every other profession and if you work in a place where you can't get off for the birth of a child, you work in a horrible place.

That's great, that "you" don't have a problem with it. You're not compensating the players and you can't compare a "normal" job to a professional athlete's. I'd be careful before labeling a profession as a "horrible" place to work if unable to see the birth of a child....I can think of a few that are anything but.

That's great, that "you" don't have a problem with it. You're not compensating the players and you can't compare a "normal" job to a professional athlete's. I'd be careful before labeling a profession as a "horrible" place to work if unable to see the birth of a child....I can think of a few that are anything but.

You're a dinosaur bud!

OMG priorities, dude! This team doesn't get it!

Yeah priorities lol you never took off work for the birth of your child. Please. I came home from Iraq for the birth of mine.

I hope O'leary has a huge day. Maybe that'll motivate Clay. I think he should play.....Various professions, it is what it is.....Sometimes you miss out on things like the birth of your child. A multi-million dollar athlete, IMO, should play.

It's a job to these players. The sooner you see that the less your get worked up over this little stuff

What will be interesting is if we roll with TE's other then Clay and they have bigger days.....like O'Leary

Highly highly Doubtful TT doesn't throw to the area of field TEs work

I bet the owner doesn't have one issue with it either. ITS A JOB

Yeah priorities lol you never took off work for the birth of your child. Please. I came home from Iraq for the birth of mine.

It's a job to these players. The sooner you see that the less your get worked up over this little stuff

Clay is the #2 receiver on the team in receptions. And he has only 2 fewer targets than Woods.

But carry on...

1. I'm not worked up.

2. Absolutely, it is a job. A very high paying job. And with a job, comes business decisions. The ownership may or may not have an issue with his absence (we will never truly know)....But his entire history will be reviewed when it's time to make the tough decisions.

Your comment wasn't correct.

Sure it was go look at his passing chart and see how that middles of the field from 10yard to 30 look. Bare

1. I'm not worked up.

2. Absolutely, it is a job. A very high paying job. And with a job, comes business decisions. The ownership may or may not have an issue with his absence (we will never truly know)....But his entire history will be reviewed when it's time to make the tough decisions.

Yep just like it is with every NFL player. Though Clay is not getting cut from Bills anytime soon what's it matter if it is a job that pays millions or one that pays 20 an hour still just a job Edited by MAJBobby

You're a dinosaur bud!

As someone who has 5 kids and never had one at a hospital I can tell you one thing I learned........your kids don't remember if you delivered them let alone if you were there. :lol:

The PC crowd of today thinks they got it all figured out......gotta' be there at all cost for childbirth (in truth for their own selfish gratification)..........then they herd their kids off to a toxic environment where everyone around them is the same age called school and wonder why their kids get depressed and start abusing drugs.

Those of you that think you are PC are going to find out that it's a temporary state.........what's acceptable is constantly evolving.

IMO Charles should risk missing the birth that he and his baby momma obviously terribly, unaccountably planned........and do the job you are paid to do 16 days per year and take that generational wealth you are earning and be there for the parts that actually MATTER to the life of your child. :thumbsup:

As someone who has 5 kids and never had one at a hospital I can tell you one thing I learned........your kids don't remember if you delivered them let alone if you were there. :lol:

The PC crowd of today thinks they got it all figured out......gotta' be there at all cost for childbirth (in truth for their own selfish gratification)..........then they herd their kids off to a toxic environment where everyone around them is the same age called school and wonder why their kids get depressed and start abusing drugs.

Those of you that think you are PC are going to find out that it's a temporary state.........what's acceptable is constantly evolving.

IMO Charles should risk missing the birth that he and his baby momma obviously terribly, unaccountably planned........and do the job you are paid to do 16 days per year and take that generational wealth you are earning and be there for the parts that actually MATTER to the life of your child. :thumbsup:

oh god. I'm so glad someone brought in the PC CROWD!

HOT HOT TAKE