Harvin is going to re-retire, callin it now

D521646

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let him retire. No doubt Harvin is fast, but lots of marginal players are fast. He has not shown the explosiveness that was his trademark for a long time. I don't think he has ever shown it in a Bills uni. The thing that made him special just isn't there anymore.

I agree that he hasn't shown that explosiveness in a Bills uni........I didn't see it with the Jets either.

But he was still very good last year. Hopefully he can at least get back to there. That would suffice.

Let him retire. No doubt Harvin is fast, but lots of marginal players are fast. He has not shown the explosiveness that was his trademark for a long time. I don't think he has ever shown it in a Bills uni. The thing that made him special just isn't there anymore.

on the flip side, he is only being compensated as a run of the mill guy at this point, not a special one.

What are you laughing at? TT feels phantom pressure all the time. The tackles push the rush wide and instead of simply stepping up into the pocket the OL has created TT breaks the pocket and starts running towards the sideline. He does this consistently.

yes see this point i made in a post i made over a year ago.

Great, what's your solution? I'm not saying TT is a franchise QB, but he's the best we've had in awhile and don't see where you're going to improve any. Of course Whaley can just sign a franchise QB as they are a dime a dozen to find one. Every team other than Buffalo has a least two top tier franchise QB's

Look, I get that there are many here that love TT, I am pulling for him too, but I'm also a realist. He's not our guy, and it's not because he lacks weapons, the tape doesn't lie, he's inaccurate, feel pressure that isn't there, and doesn't ever seem to know where the first down markers are... I saw Harvins face a few times today, his heart isn't in it. I think he wanted to try and come back, but when you have TT throwing the ball, I can see why he would just hang it up again..

I know, I know, TT fans hate this, but I've been watching football my whole life, 48 years of it, and although TT can succeed under very isolated circumstances, if teams being to bring pressure, it spells doom for his ability. Sure, he'll scramble a few times and make highlight reel type escape plays, but he's not consistent, not even close enough to being consistent for a solid reliable NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong and he brings us to the playoff promised land, but it ain't happening..

Tim-

Great, what's your solution? I'm not saying TT is a franchise QB, but he's the best we've had in awhile and don't see where you're going to improve any. Of course Whaley can just sign a franchise QB as they are a dime a dozen to find one. Every team other than Buffalo has a least two top tier franchise QB's

Franchise guys are on every end ile down at the local Wallmart.....

Maybe because the actual pressure is frequent enough. This hot take that he's not getting pressured is a joke.

The joke is that there are people, such as yourself, who think he's being pressured consistently when often times there's a perfectly good pocket right in front of him to step up into.

That's, obviously, not to say that he's never legitimately pressured. Of course he is. But he bolts way more often than he needs to because hes not comfortable making throws in the pocket with traffic around him.

The joke is that there are people, such as yourself, who think he's being pressured consistently when often times there's a perfectly good pocket right in front of him to step up into.

That's, obviously, not to say that he's never legitimately pressured. Of course he is. But he bolts way more often than he needs to because hes not comfortable making throws in the pocket with traffic around him.

I have broken down Sunday in the Tyrod thread. He definitely bailed on clean pockets. I think I said 5 times after the TV broadcast - I subtracted one after watching the all 22.... on one of those plays there was nobody open and he was just taking a running lane for a short gain.

Staying patient in the pocket was something he did very well at Seattle. It seemed to totally disappear this week.

Yup.

Harvin was our leading reciver last year...through like 4 games. When percy is on the field he is a game changer. Give him time to get into football shape, he's a good piece to have in our playoff push. He's a better 3rd reciever than anyone else we have, for now.

What a shocker. Harvin is out of today's game with a migraine. What a disgustingly gross joke.

i have suffered with headaches of a a diiferent kind...cluster headaches is what i dealt with. they can be debilitating.

that being said, the OP had it right...this guy is toast. Let him go today, and find someone that will be on the field

Oops.. did Pegula really agree to pay this guy?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/802761346593001472

I thought Harvin's migraine issues were a thing of the past. Too bad.

@salmaiorana

And so it begins with the routinely unreliable Percy Harvin. Report that he won't play for #bills today due to migraine. Hey, gave it a shot