Sammy Watkins has a chance to come back and be a hero

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speak for yourself guy.

It just boggles my mind that grown men look up to these kids like they are something special. I don't know how you people go through life. Whatever. Enjoy.

So you are claiming you are tough enough and good enough to play pro football? Why are you (were you) ) not an NFL player then? You seem to think you are pretty special. Usually if you can play in the NFL, they will find you. Less than 2% of college players make it to the pros, so by definition as athletes , they are special. Most of us grown men look at them only as what they are, paid entertainers. We don't throw tantrums when they get hurt playing a game. We just root for them to get out on the field again because we like the team and the game. It's not life or death. It boggles my mind that people take it so personally when an athlete gets injured doing their job.

Great...a heroic push to 9-7. That'll get everyone geared up for 2017!

If they get to 9-7 we get to endure another offseason on TSW of "if we were 9-7 with what we had and we added these guys in the draft....we will therefore better!".

The MINIMUM standard for success in a season is reaching the playoffs.

It's possible to build something, however little, off of that.

Short of that though any record with a 7, 8 or 9 in it is essentially all the same mediocrity.

If they get to 9-7 we get to endure another offseason on TSW of "if we were 9-7 with what we had and we added these guys in the draft....we will therefore better!".

Short of that though any record with a 7, 8 or 9 in it is essentially all the same mediocrity.

I agree with this

I'd say his assumption is an educated guess , not because Watkins is famous, but because he plays a brutal collision sport professionally. This coupled with the obvious fact that Watkins had to play that game for years at lower levels of high school and college , and succeeded it's fair to guess that he must have a certain degree of toughness to accomplish that. It's far from a nonsensical assumption. To make the assumption that an NFL player (other than a kicker ) is not tough would be , conversely not a very logical guess. If you are easily amused and happened to call Watkins a pu$$y to his face, I'd venture the only reason he would " accept it" would be to avoid the inevitable lawsuit if he were to do something about it.

Well said.

So you are claiming you are tough enough and good enough to play pro football? Why are you (were you) ) not an NFL player then? You seem to think you are pretty special. Usually if you can play in the NFL, they will find you. Less than 2% of college players make it to the pros, so by definition as athletes , they are special. Most of us grown men look at them only as what they are, paid entertainers. We don't throw tantrums when they get hurt playing a game. We just root for them to get out on the field again because we like the team and the game. It's not life or death. It boggles my mind that people take it so personally when an athlete gets injured doing their job.

as opposed to some guy on an internet message board that gets all upset about things that don't concern him.

as opposed to some guy on an internet message board that gets all upset about things that don't concern him.

I wish the Bills were as tough as you. We'd be 10-0 right now.

I bet you could beat up everyone on here. Probably all at the same time too.

In fact, why are you wasting your time on here? Please go to OBD tomorrow and help this team out. We need some toughness at WR. And we can then cut Sammy so he can go back to his true passion: knitting sweaters.

I wish the Bills were as tough as you. We'd be 10-0 right now.

I bet you could beat up everyone on here. Probably all at the same time too.

In fact, why are you wasting your time on here? Please go to OBD tomorrow and help this team out. We need some toughness at WR. And we can then cut Sammy so he can go back to his true passion: knitting sweaters.

lol. I love the hate here. It's as if I was insulting all your mothers and telling you all I could beat up your fathers. You take people's opinions of athletes way too seriously. It's almost like your a bunch of 12 year old girls crushing on Justin Beiber.

for the record I never said I could play football. Never did I say I was so rock hardened that I could or would handle the NFL every day. However I'm almost 40, Not some 23 year old in the best shape of my life. But I do question some of these kids hearts. Some of their work ethics. And some of there ability to play through pain.

You all make me laugh so hard. You place idiots on pedestals like they are some godly figure. They aren't. Get a life all of you. Your a bunch of Whiney babies.

Edited by mrags

True. However 3 straight years of .500 or above mediocrity would be better than the mediocrity that went before. For a long time I think Bills fans kidded themselves that "if we could just find that Quarterback"... I actually think it is true now. This team is deep and talented in a lot of areas.... but a Franchise QB in there and this is a team that could contend for a Superbowl.

True. However 3 straight years of .500 or above mediocrity would be better than the mediocrity that went before. For a long time I think Bills fans kidded themselves that "if we could just find that Quarterback"... I actually think it is true now. This team is deep and talented in a lot of areas.... but a Franchise QB in there and this is a team that could contend for a Superbowl.

not with this coach

lol. I love the hate here. It's as if I was insulting all your mothers and telling you all I could beat up your fathers. You take people's opinions of athletes way too seriously. It's almost like your a bunch of 12 year old girls crushing on Justin Beiber.

for the record I never said I could play football. Never did I say I was so rock hardened that I could or would handle the NFL every day. However I'm almost 40, Not some 23 year old in the best shape of my life. But I do question some of these kids hearts. Some of their work ethics. And some of there ability to play through pain.

You all make me laugh so hard. You place idiots on pedestals like they are some godly figure. They aren't. Get a life all of you. Your a bunch of Whiney babies.

You need to relax

Well Deion is a Hall of Famer, so you really disprove your own theory. If someone who isn't tough can be a Hall of Famer then plenty of other players who aren't tough have played. That Rob Johnson was a real tough guy.

It was a joke, which I thought was obvious.

And yeah, Rob was a tough as hell guy. You're confusing durable with tough. I'd say a guy like Rob, who was consistently hurt yet when given the opportunity to play it safe, rarely did, he'd put himself into danger time and time again and he did this knowing he always got hurt. That is the definition of a tough guy. It's not somebody who is durable, it's somebody who isn't afraid.

And to play an incredibly violent sport for their entire lives illustrates that these guys are willing to put themselves into danger, time and time again while you sit on the couch and call them "soft" while drinking a beer and eating some wings.

yeah. You seem to assume he has a high tolerance of pain because he's a famous athlete. Your no different from everyone else that assumes he's a pu$$y.

And I would. I'd love to call him that actually. It would be very funny to watch him be the usual pu$$y he is and accept it.

No, I presume he has a high tolerance for pain because he's played through highly painful injuries already so that's what the evidence suggests. You assume because you don't have or choose to ignore the evidence to the contrary.

The rest of your post is nothing more than internet tough guy bullschit.