Rumor: Some in Bills org want to move on from Dareus

YoloinOhio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is scouting material; not GM material.

I think he did a fine job when he built a dominant defense. I'll forever be convinced that he had nothing to do with the Ryan hiring, which effectively negated all of the great moves Whaley made prior to Ryan's arrival. That's what I think. Others will tell me I'm wrong, but no one on TBD knows. They're just guessing like I am.

Get real. Mario is below average, benched by the Fins twice this year. Dareus had always had issues way before Rex was here.

You're clueless

Please tell me, oh wise one, how were Mario Williams and Marcell Dareus playing before Rex Ryan came to town?

Here's a clue ... they were both !@#$ing awesome.

They have been letting every good player bend them over the barrel. It's catching up to them quickly, Shady is their savior right now if he was hobbled all season change wouldn't even be debatable. They also threw money at TT in August...

As Colin Cowherd said Buffalo doesn't know what it is doing, how can you give money to Fitz and TT in August? Same ole, they need to get everyone out of there and start new.

Did you seriously just act like this guy has any form of intelligence? ................ :lol::lol::lol:

Cowherd is a :censored: idiot, another blowhard bobblehead getting paid to spew b.s. to the masses. Taylor's deal will not be for the money everyone thinks it is next year. Either it will be restructured or they will be moving on. Dareus on the other hand is a bit of a sticky situation.

Coaches, players, everything changes yet there is no on-field improvement for this franchise. The real root cause of the problem remains the front office decision makers. From Marv to Brandon to Nix and now Whaley. None of them were/are competent NFL GM's.

It's astounding that the current GM and HIS staff swing and miss on so many big decisions (EJM, Dareus contract, Watkins) yet people sing his praises as if he's in line for NFL Executive of the Year. He can barely do an interview without saying something absurd.

The Dareus contract is an albatross around their neck. One could say they needed to re-sign him, but they didn't do ownership any favors by giving the player so much room to screw up. That's on Whaley, Overdorf, et al.

Edited by BillsVet

Did you seriously just act like this guy has any form of intelligence? ................ :lol::lol::lol:

Cowherd is a :censored: idiot, another blowhard bobblehead getting paid to spew b.s. to the masses. Taylor's deal will not be for the money everyone thinks it is next year. Either it will be restructured or they will be moving on. Dareus on the other hand is a bit of a sticky situation.

He was on point with what he said. Who the in their right mind does what the Bills did with both of those QB's? Sticky Green Situation that won't be going anywhere soon.

Same thing with Shady, they caved to him too.

He's worth the loot. He loves playing ball. Oozes it.

The Dareus contract guarantee structure is easily my biggest beef with Whaley. Even though I accept that Overdorf is probably most directly responsible for the de facto structure of the contract, there's no way that it gets okayed without Whaley's eyes on it.

This must have been a make or break point in the deal. I would not find it so hard to believe if they were forced into a choice of making the concession or allowing him to walk. I doubt the lack of this clause is surprising to anyone. Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Whaley? Don't be stupid Whaley wasn't GM in 2011.

Also don't try and pull a fast one saying he shouldn't have paid Dareus. Not one person back then would have said that.

I had my doubts. Not saying I wouldnt have signed Dareus but it wasnt a slam dunk. Whats absolutely idiotic is the clause they have which doesnt void all his guarantees if he gets into trouble. Apoarently nobody else in NFL land does that except our good ol Buffalo Bills. Edited by TANK2

Yes, the Bills should have taken AJ Green that year....who went #5 in the first round.

Green went 4 to Cincinnati.

Actually, all of the non-QBs taken in the top 12 have been really good football players:

1. Cam Newton

2. Von Miller

3. Dareus

4. AJ Green

5. Patrick Peterson

6. Julio Jones

7. Aldon Smith

8. Jake Locker

9. Tyron Smith

10. Blaine Gabbert

11. JJ Watt

12. Christian Ponder

Yes, the Bills should have taken AJ Green that year....who went #5 in the first round.

Can we stop with this. Dareus has been dominant at times in his career here.

He is a top 5 NFL DT.

If you recall Dareus started complaining last year when they were making him drop into coverage. Dareus was great when he was attacking and stuffing the run. All of the sudden he is told to drop into coverage?

IMO Dareus wants out of this mess, and i cant say I blame him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13932727/marcell-dareus-joins-mario-williams-questioning-buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-calls

From last year....

Hey, like [Williams] said, they pay us a lot of money. And we want to use our talents the best way we know how. If we're going to be dropping we don't want to get questions about not getting sacks. That's just how it is," Dareus said Tuesday, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Dareus was speaking from the Play 60 event in London to promote Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Bills have marketed their quarter-billion-dollar defensive line comprised of defensive end Jerry Hughes (five-year, $45 million contract signed in offseason), Mario Williams (six-year, $96 million contract signed in 2012) and Dareus (six-year, $96.5 million deal signed in offseason) as the "Cold Front," which based on results, is an unintended description for the unit. The Bills have been held to just nine sacks through the first five games.

Williams and Dareus aren't alone in questioning how they are being used. Hall of Famer Jim Kelly, who also was at the Play 60 event, agreed with their takes on Tuesday.

"Dropping Mario Williams into coverage a lot? Didn't we pay him a lot of money to hit the quarterback? And if I'm the opposing quarterback and I see him dropping into coverage, oh, that's a big plus. I'd definitely have a smile on my face," Kelly said, according to Yahoo!

Can we stop with this. Dareus has been dominant at times in his career here.

He is a top 5 NFL DT.

If you recall Dareus started complaining last year when they were making him drop into coverage. Dareus was great when he was attacking and stuffing the run. All of the sudden he is told to drop into coverage?

IMO Dareus wants out of this mess, and i cant say I blame him.

If you mean by "this mess", the NFL, I agree.

Otherwise your statement makes no sense at all.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13932727/marcell-dareus-joins-mario-williams-questioning-buffalo-bills-coach-rex-ryan-calls

From last year....

Hey, like [Williams] said, they pay us a lot of money. And we want to use our talents the best way we know how. If we're going to be dropping we don't want to get questions about not getting sacks. That's just how it is," Dareus said Tuesday, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Dareus was speaking from the Play 60 event in London to promote Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Bills have marketed their quarter-billion-dollar defensive line comprised of defensive end Jerry Hughes (five-year, $45 million contract signed in offseason), Mario Williams (six-year, $96 million contract signed in 2012) and Dareus (six-year, $96.5 million deal signed in offseason) as the "Cold Front," which based on results, is an unintended description for the unit. The Bills have been held to just nine sacks through the first five games.

Williams and Dareus aren't alone in questioning how they are being used. Hall of Famer Jim Kelly, who also was at the Play 60 event, agreed with their takes on Tuesday.

"Dropping Mario Williams into coverage a lot? Didn't we pay him a lot of money to hit the quarterback? And if I'm the opposing quarterback and I see him dropping into coverage, oh, that's a big plus. I'd definitely have a smile on my face," Kelly said, according to Yahoo!

How many times did Dareus drop into coverage last year?