Trump's leadership team

Please explain how you've come to this conclusion.

Not pretty much. PA has the highest gas tax in the nation.

It's obscene man, and it keeps getting worse.

The other day the price in Erie was $2.55-$2.59. At the time NYS price was $2.49. Seneca Nation was $1.75.

the station down the street is 2.73.

I paid 2.30 something in WNY the last time I was there.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil barons in charge, gas will rise :thumbsup:

Look at last year compared to post election

http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/

I spent 5 minutes talking to my 9 year old nephew about what a fart would sound like if we sewed our butts short.

No, its an understanding of politics.

instead of putting pesticides on your plants use fliur

I love that!

But what gas tax increase?

if we reply ronenoughbof your messages you'll feel more specialer

There are 50 states :doh:

meow

Betsy DeVos Shuts Bernie Sanders Down At Confirmation Hearing

by Amelia Hamilton

http://www.redstate.com/ameliahamilton/2017/01/17/betsy-devos-shuts-bernie-sanders-confirmation-hearing/

This DeVos thing is kind of funny. I actually have people on my Facebook timeline desperately worried that DeVos will be so bad for schools that they are going to put their kids in private school.

Is it any wonder these are the same people who equate health care to auto insurance?

This DeVos thing is kind of funny. I actually have people on my Facebook timeline desperately worried that DeVos will be so bad for schools that they are going to put their kids in private school.

Is it any wonder these are the same people who equate health care to auto insurance?

Wouldn't that be more in line with what Devos is advocating as the solution for failing public schools?

And if they were educated at all about her background, they'd be even more up in arms about her brother and the connection to his private army.

...But getting the facts is hard for some, especially on the left these days.

TRUMP EDUCATION NOMINEE BETSY DEVOS LIED TO THE SENATE

When I heard that, I pulled up the 990 tax documents of the Prince Foundation, which I investigated for my book “Blackwater.” Betsy DeVos was clearly listed as a vice president of the foundation’s board, along with her brother Erik, for many years, at least until 2014. DeVos was a vice president during the precise period Hassan was referring to. I then began a tweet storm about this lie:

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/821524884136325120

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/821525813220745219

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/821532162834989057

At the very end of the hearing, Sen. Patty Murray, the ranking Democrat on the committee, allocated the small time she had left to Hassan, who proceeded to reference the 990 tax forms. DeVos then made an astonishing claim. These government tax forms, filed by her own mother’s foundation, were incorrect. For years. Many years. “That was a clerical error. I can assure you I have never made decisions on my mother’s behalf on her foundation’s board.”

(and, relevant)

NOTORIOUS MERCENARY ERIK PRINCE IS ADVISING TRUMP FROM THE SHADOWS

Ultimately, Prince sold Blackwater and now heads up a Hong Kong-based company known as Frontier Services Group. The Intercept has previously reported on Prince’s efforts to build a private air force for hire and his close ties to Chinese intelligence. One of his latest schemes is a proposal to deploy private contractors to work with Libyan security forces to stop the flow of refugees to Europe.

Prince has long fantasized that he is the rightful heir to the legacy of “Wild Bill” Donovan and his Office of Strategic Services, the precursor to the CIA. After 9/11, Prince worked with the CIA on a secret assassination program, in addition to offering former SEALs and other retired special operators to the State Department and other agencies for personal security.

The Dems are the new Party of NO! They have little power and their ideas are bankrupt. They have no bench. They turned their backs on middle America more than a decade ago and lots of those votes aren't coming back to a party that's increasingly petulant, bitter, hateful, spiteful, angry, hostile to any form of comity, and run by arrogantly insufferable elitists who "know" what's best for everyone and are hell bent to force people to live by their rules.

RICH LOWRY: The Shameful War On Betsy DeVos.

“The controversy over the nomination of Betsy DeVos as secretary of education has been, if nothing else, clarifying.

We now know that working to give poor kids more educational opportunities is considered a disqualifying offense for the Left.”

How great on the surface. Lets forget that poor kids will have really not be given the opportunities to get better education, students with disabilities will be left behind and that the public schools will be forced to pay for it anyway. Poor kids will not have the opportunity to move to a different school because outreach of these programs doesn't reach poor communities. Whether it be purposeful deceit (by government) or sheer lack of resources, it will disproportionately affect those from poorer neighborhoods. Students with disabilities will not be required to be taught at different schools (especially if they are private). Either the private school won't have the resources to provide for disabilities or they won't pay for it (it is privatization after all). The bill is still coming from the taxpayers. No matter how we look at it, the taxpayers in the community pay for it. So if most of the students bus to a different district, then you close the schools in the neighborhood, leaving behind no community gathering place. Kids spend more time at school and a substantial amount of time on buses. There is no educational savings as a result and people in a community without a school are just going to get mad they pay taxes for no schools. These are just my initial thoughts, since no plan is without it's downfalls.

How great on the surface. Lets forget that poor kids will have really not be given the opportunities to get better education, students with disabilities will be left behind and that the public schools will be forced to pay for it anyway. Poor kids will not have the opportunity to move to a different school because outreach of these programs doesn't reach poor communities. Whether it be purposeful deceit (by government) or sheer lack of resources, it will disproportionately affect those from poorer neighborhoods. Students with disabilities will not be required to be taught at different schools (especially if they are private). Either the private school won't have the resources to provide for disabilities or they won't pay for it (it is privatization after all). The bill is still coming from the taxpayers. No matter how we look at it, the taxpayers in the community pay for it. So if most of the students bus to a different district, then you close the schools in the neighborhood, leaving behind no community gathering place. Kids spend more time at school and a substantial amount of time on buses. There is no educational savings as a result and people in a community without a school are just going to get mad they pay taxes for no schools. These are just my initial thoughts, since no plan is without it's downfalls.

They don't care a fig for any of that. They just know that the teachers are unionized and they want to crush the teachers unions. A goal supported by many poor Trump voters

You don't actually know what an "oil baron" is, do you?

Is it close to a "Bush oil buddy"?

They don't care a fig for any of that. They just know that the teachers are unionized and they want to crush the teachers unions. A goal supported by many poor Trump voters

And of course there's no connection between the two.

Here in CA, municipalities are now ordered to turn over a portion of their budget to the state to cover unfunded pension liabilities (Go union!). The lost funding means schools have to cut art, music, etc. Obviously the cuts will go deeper in poor communities but who cares so long as the union chiefs get their cut, amirite?

Is it close to a "Bush oil buddy"?

And of course there's no connection between the two.

Here in CA, municipalities are now ordered to turn over a portion of their budget to the state to cover unfunded pension liabilities (Go union!). The lost funding means schools have to cut art, music, etc. Obviously the cuts will go deeper in poor communities but who cares so long as the union chiefs get their cut, amirite?

Good, then the Conservatives should argue that instead of the voucher crap which is a dodge

Good, then the Conservatives should argue that instead of the voucher crap which is a dodge

Why are you opposed to taxpayers having a choice of where to send their child to school?

Perhaps if public schools had to compete for students, they might focus on providing a solid, competitive product instead of the status quo of bad teachers collecting salary and bennies with no accountability.

But we can't have that, because it would mean the end of the money laundering scheme known as the teacher's unions.

Why are you opposed to taxpayers having a choice of where to send their child to school?

Perhaps if public schools had to compete for students, they might focus on providing a solid, competitive product instead of the status quo of bad teachers collecting salary and bennies with no accountability.

But we can't have that, because it would mean the end of the money laundering scheme known as the teacher's unions.

This is not really my issue, but are you of the same opinion on police, firefighter and nurses unions? If the good students are pulled out of public schools they will do worse and you guys will use that as an excuse to hurt education even more.