Trump's leadership team

We need environmentally conscious people in the EPA for sure, but people of reason.

I agree that is exactly what we need. It's a typical bureaucracy that has become bloated and over-populated to the point where it's hurting itself.

But putting the well-paid whore of some of the country's worst polluters in charge of one of the very few protective regulatory agencies that we actually need is not a legitimate attempt to improve it nor is it anybody's definition of reason.

Sort of like putting somebody in charge of the Dept of Education whose lifelong mission has been to destroy public education

Or putting a trickle down CEO in charge of protecting laborers

Or giving Treasury to a predatory lender who enriched himself by helping crash the housing market

Or naming a Russian lapdog as your Secretary of State

Most of this incoming administration's picks have been no different from the quid pro quo that you see from every other major party incumbent. But a few of these embarrassing choices are nothing more than a giant For Sale sign being tacked on to the US government. It would actually be pretty funny if we weren't already teetering on the edge of a self-inflicted dysfunction from which we might never recover.

This public service announcement brought to you by the same people who B word about Wall Street executives in charge of the Treasury.

I know you can't be trying to draw some equivalency between people whose goal is to protect the environment against polluters and people whose goal is to enrich themselves by rigging a zero sum game.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that is exactly what we need. It's a typical bureaucracy that has become bloated and over-populated to the point where it's hurting itself.

But putting the well-paid whore of some of the country's worst polluters in charge of one of the very few protective regulatory agencies that we actually need is not a legitimate attempt to improve it nor is it anybody's definition of reason.

Sort of like putting somebody in charge of the Dept of Education whose lifelong mission has been to destroy public education

Or giving Treasury to a predatory lender who enriched himself by helping crash the housing market

Most of this incoming administration's picks have been no different from the quid pro quo that you see from every other major party incumbent. But a few of these embarrassing choices are nothing more than a giant For Sale sign being tacked on to the US government. It would actually be pretty funny if we weren't already teetering on the edge of a self-inflicted dysfunction from which we might never recover.

I know you can't be trying to draw some equivalency between people whose goal is to protect the environment against polluters and people whose goal is to enrich themselves by rigging a zero sum game.

I think that's a rather myopic view point.

Trump has stated that his intention was to deregulate across the board.

Bringing in individuals hostile to the bloat and function of their own departments is a great way to institute true reform.

As to the EPA, I'm hoping to see it stripped down to it's original mandate: clean air and water.

Oh, and put Cliven Bundy in charge of the Bureau of Land Management.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

:lol: There's your equivalence right there in a nutshell.

Bringing in individuals hostile to the bloat and function of their own departments is a great way to institute true reform.

Bloat? Absolutely. Function? Absolutely not. What's the point of an agency even existing if the goal is to destroy its reason to exist?

For example, I'd much rather have the entire Dept of Education abolished rather than it be put in the hands of somebody who fully intends to use her expanded political power to commandeer my tax money and give it her cronies with no oversight while lecturing me about her concerns for a bunch of kids she's never met or cared about.

As to the EPA, I'm hoping to see it stripped down to it's original mandate: clean air and water.

Are you seriously suggesting that the people that are about to be put in charge of protecting the American environment give a flying fig about anything more than their corporate bosses' bottom lines, much less clean air and water?

:lol: There's your equivalence right there in a nutshell.

So I'm assuming you don't see (or probably to be more accurate, care about) any differences between those who are interested in their personal fortunes and those who are interested in the fortunes of our country?

I guess for some people the bottom line is just exactly that.

So I'm assuming you don't see (or probably to be more accurate, care about) any differences between those who are interested in their personal fortunes and those who are interested in the fortunes of our country?

I guess for some people the bottom line is just exactly that.

How do you quantify the fortunes of a country?

How do you quantify the fortunes of a country?

I guess in a similar way that I would a family; It's health, well-being and future viability?

It's personal wealth would likely finish outside the Top 5 and I find it sad (if instructive) that ours is freely being handed over to the kind of people who really don't care about anything but.

In August, the Navajo Nation sued the EPA and several others for causing the environmental disaster. The EPA has claimed responsibility for the spill.

A seven-page letter from the tribe to Kenneth Redden, a claims officer at the EPA's Office of General Counsel in Washington, D.C., outlines the Navajo Nation's claims.

The tribe is asking for about $3.2 million to cover expenses already submitted to the EPA that have yet to be reimbursed. The additional $159 million would cover additional damages.

Don't forget - Or selecting a seriously flawed, whisker-close to indictment, Washington clone as your candidate for POTUS.

I guess in a similar way that I would a family; It's health, well-being and future viability?

It's personal wealth would likely finish outside the Top 5 and I find it sad (if instructive) that ours is freely being handed over to the kind of people who really don't care about anything but.

Ah, the old Warm N Fuzzy Feeling index. I hear it was off the charts in the last 8 years.

Ah, the old Warm N Fuzzy Feeling index. I hear it was off the charts in the last 8 years.

Your certainly free to make any erroneous assumptions about me that you need to support the worldview that gets you through your day.

But I don't view the last 8 years with any appreciable difference to the 30 or so that preceded them.

Your certainly free to make any erroneous assumptions about me that you need to support the worldview that gets you through your day.

But I don't view the last 8 years with any appreciable difference to the 30 or so that preceded them.

It's not an assumption of who you support, but pointing out the lunacy of using terms like national fortune or other feel good metrics that can't be quantified. To me a national fortune is a collective sum of individual fortunes in a country. And yes, in a place with rock solid individual and property rights, the zeal for increasing personal fortunes usually leads to a much better outcome for the collective, than trying to mandate some sort of national outcome by stifling the individual gains.