Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick Perry fails to remember what agency he'd get rid of in GOP debate

"And I will tell you, it is three agencies of government when I get there that are gone. Commerce, Education, and the... what's the third one there? Let's see."

However, a few minutes later in the debate, Perry remembered that the third department was the Energy Department.

"And I will tell you, it is three agencies of government when I get there that are gone. Commerce, Education, and the... what's the third one there? Let's see."

However, a few minutes later in the debate, Perry remembered that the third department was the Energy Department.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rick-perry-fails-to-remember-what-agency-hed-get-rid-of-in-gop-debate/

Let's do the time warp again

What better a choice to reform an agency than an individual who offered that the entire department could be done away with?

Honestly, for that reason alone it's a good choice.

What better a choice to reform an agency than an individual who offered that the entire department could be done away with?

Honestly, for that reason alone it's a good choice.

He just needs to remember where he works every morning.

Consolidating vital roles is what created the Department of Energy.

Which of course is not evidence that it could not be further consolidated, nor that the Department hasn't grown unnecessarily large and unwieldy since it's inception.

Regardless, my argument is that an individual who at some point stated that a department could be done away with would likely be a good choice to reform the department; not that the department should be abolished.

AMITY SHLAES: The Greatness Of The Puzder Choice:

“A thumb in the eye to the minimum-wage lobby is how most of the press depict the nomination by President-elect Donald Trump of Andrew Puzder to the post of Labor Secretary.

But offering up a fast-food entrepreneur for the Labor post does more than offend a particular interest group. The Puzder nomination represents a structural blow to the whole edifice that we have called ‘Labor Relations’ since the Department of Labor was created more than 100 years ago. . . .

The fact is that Democrats have long counted on Republican presidential winners being too timid to appoint a Labor Secretary who might challenge Big Labor.

If confirmed, Puzder is likely to do something that demonstrates the economy expands better without government, powered by those shadowy figures who don’t usually win places at the top table. He’s likely, too, to remind us that a union-tilted Labor Department doesn’t necessarily serve the country best.

After such an appointment—and the change of a few laws—our business culture will change. And labor—the lower-case kind—which includes both workers and employers, may finally show Big Labor and the rest of us what it can do.”

How about he takes a different guy named Rex for SoS?

We know he's been to London, and the Caribbean, so it's not like he hasn't been to other countries at all. He might get consideration. Did you know that Trump was thinking of buying The Bills? So he might already know about the Rex of which you speak. Keep yer fingers crossed.

Edit: On second thought Rex's Rushin' defense might not be up to snuff enuff.

Edited by Nanker