Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT VOW WAS JUST FOR THE RUBES:

Whatever happened to that smooth presidential transition Obama vowed?

Andrew Malcolm:

Since Obama vowed to run a smooth presidential transition, what’s the real point of picking a tardy diplomatic scuffle with Putin? What’s the real point of setting Israel (and the annoying Netanyahu) adrift at the United Nations now?

Why issue all these offshore drilling bans and new federal regulations? Why commute more federal prison sentences than a dozen past presidents combined? Why keep releasing Guantanamo terrorists when so many return to their homicidal careers?

For the first time in nearly a century a former president decided to reside in Washington. Obama has rented a mansion and office space where he’ll be easily accessible to media friends for, say, kibitzing his successor – unlike Obama’s predecessor, who went silent for more than a year.

Obama is the Loki of presidential politics.

THAT VOW WAS JUST FOR THE RUBES:

Whatever happened to that smooth presidential transition Obama vowed?

Andrew Malcolm:

Since Obama vowed to run a smooth presidential transition, what’s the real point of picking a tardy diplomatic scuffle with Putin? What’s the real point of setting Israel (and the annoying Netanyahu) adrift at the United Nations now?

Why issue all these offshore drilling bans and new federal regulations? Why commute more federal prison sentences than a dozen past presidents combined? Why keep releasing Guantanamo terrorists when so many return to their homicidal careers?

For the first time in nearly a century a former president decided to reside in Washington. Obama has rented a mansion and office space where he’ll be easily accessible to media friends for, say, kibitzing his successor – unlike Obama’s predecessor, who went silent for more than a year.

Obama is the Loki of presidential politics.

The transition is smooth. Obama never promised that the Trump Administration's governance would be, however.

That would be a mistake. I'm doing great, better than most so no envy. Sort of like how I don't get poster envy like some other poster around here who is a little jealousy case, lol

Could someone translate this into english please?

Thanks

More Than 1,100 Law Professors Oppose Jeff Sessions; Nobody Should Care
by David French
Via the front page of the Washington Post website comes the “news” ( :lol: ) that more than 1,100 law professors signed their names to a letter urging the Senate to reject Jeff Sessions’s nomination for attorney general. I’m sorry, but the cost of relentless academic partisanship is academic credibility. Is it “news” that leftists don’t like a conservative nominee? Perhaps if law schools were known for scrupulous nonpartisan hiring practices and balanced presentations of ideological issues, the letter would be compelling. But they’re not, and it’s not.
{snip}
What’s actually happening is that a collection of liberals are using the (rapidly-diminishing) prestige of their institutions and profession to make news when there is none. Of course liberals oppose a conservative nominee, and of course academic liberals are prone to play the race card. If any of them wish to make a detailed case based on law and facts, then make that case. Until then, however, their letter is little more than an especially pretentious version of a Change.org petition.

TYLER O’NEIL: 7 Desperate Liberal Lies About Trump’s Education Pick Betsy DeVos.

Chuck Schumer has already promised to drag out Trump’s cabinet confirmation process for months, so really this story is just the warmup.

Funny the left can't imagine any other system of picking a cabinet than the Affirmation Action model. What a revolutionary idea that positions are assigned on the basis of merit! Just like a business would do!

Edited by Dante

1) The Secretary of Defense awards it. A shade of difference, sure...but it's not like Obama said "I'm giving myself a medal!"

2) Giving the exiting president this medal has become something of a tradition. Bush got one. More hilariously, so did Clinton.

Some suggest (I don't know) that he was not really even eligible for this award.........just private citizens.

C1YaRpFUkAA4UYF.jpg

Wrong site. The medal Obama received was a DOD medal; you're referencing an Army site.

From what I read, the medal can be awarded to elected officials. But what I saw wasn't authoritative either.

at first i believed trumps son in law was just simple nepotism. while it may be a touch of this i also think it is not a bad idea as he has a good relationship with trump and it is a working relaitonship in which they trust each other. that could be a good thing.

either way, he's a senior adviser now.

at first i believed trumps son in law was just simple nepotism. while it may be a touch of this i also think it is not a bad idea as he has a good relationship with trump and it is a working relaitonship in which they trust each other. that could be a good thing.

either way, he's a senior adviser now.

He's a really interesting guy.

New York Times Runs Front-Page Ad for Jeff Sessions
Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443703/jeff-sessions-new-york-times
I didn’t think I could be more favorably disposed toward Senator Jeff Sessions’s nomination as attorney general until I read today’s front-page New York Times profile, published in anticipation of tomorrow’s confirmation hearing.
Corey Booker, No Longer ‘Mr. Bipartisan’
It looks like New Jersey Senator Corey Booker is interested in running for president in 2020. That’s the easiest way to explain a guy whose initial reputation in politics was “Mr. Bipartisan” throwing himself onto the tracks of an oncoming train of an all-but-certain confirmation:
Democratic Sen. Cory Booker is set to testify against Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions Wednesday in an unprecedented move during his attorney general confirmation.
This would be the first time in Senate history that a sitting senator will testify against another sitting senator for a Cabinet post during a confirmation.
“I do not take lightly the decision to testify against a Senate colleague,” Booker said. “But the immense powers of the attorney general combined with the deeply troubling views of this nominee is a call to conscience.”

Of course, it wasn’t that long ago that Sessions and Booker got along pretty well. Back in 2015, the pair introduced legislation to award the Congressional Gold Medal to participants of the 1965 march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443705/corey-booker-no-longer-mr-bipartisan

New York Times Runs Front-Page Ad for Jeff Sessions

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443703/jeff-sessions-new-york-times

I didn’t think I could be more favorably disposed toward Senator Jeff Sessions’s nomination as attorney general until I read today’s front-page New York Times profile, published in anticipation of tomorrow’s confirmation hearing.
Corey Booker, No Longer ‘Mr. Bipartisan’
It looks like New Jersey Senator Corey Booker is interested in running for president in 2020. That’s the easiest way to explain a guy whose initial reputation in politics was “Mr. Bipartisan” throwing himself onto the tracks of an oncoming train of an all-but-certain confirmation:

Of course, it wasn’t that long ago that Sessions and Booker got along pretty well. Back in 2015, the pair introduced legislation to award the Congressional Gold Medal to participants of the 1965 march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443705/corey-booker-no-longer-mr-bipartisan

Should make for interesting theater

So Republicans rejected him in the 80's as too racist to be a judge but now he's going to be attorney general? Will he wear his Klan robes to the nomination hearings?

Don Williams had the 14 hit on the country charts on this day in 1989 with "I wouldn't be a man." Edited by Boyst62

Black pastors rally in Washington for AG nominee Jeff Sessions

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/09/black-pastors-rally-washington-ag-nominee-jeff-sessions/96367850/

WASHINGTON — A group of black pastors Monday criticized African-American opponents of attorney general nominee Sen. Jeff Sessions for demonizing the Alabama Republican, instead characterizing him as someone who shows “respect and care for people of all races.”

636195788790602337-Black-pastors.jpg

Ehh, what do they know ?

Liberals know what's best for them...........

Black pastors rally in Washington for AG nominee Jeff Sessions

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/09/black-pastors-rally-washington-ag-nominee-jeff-sessions/96367850/

WASHINGTON A group of black pastors Monday criticized African-American opponents of attorney general nominee Sen. Jeff Sessions for demonizing the Alabama Republican, instead characterizing him as someone who shows respect and care for people of all races.

636195788790602337-Black-pastors.jpg

Ehh, what do they know ?

Liberals know what's best for them...........

Since they've lived under the white man's oppression, black people don't know what's best for themselves.

The evil white oppressors have to make amends by reaching down to help the black man by telling him what's good for him.

More "fairness"

Why exactly did protesters and senators ask Jeff Sessions peculiar questions?

Because they yield headlines such as this one.

C12ZuXEWEAEL7vA.jpg

Fortunately.............SEN. SESSIONS IS BREEZING THROUGH HIS CONFIRMATION HEARING

But does it matter ?

As reported earlier, Jeff Sessions waltzed through his confirmation hearing today. The Democrats’ questioning was desultory, and none of the Democratic Senators laid a glove on the nominee. Only the inept Al Franken even tried. As Byron York put it, the anticipated “showdown fizzle[d].”

But perhaps the Democrats had the last laugh. All they had to do was send their talking points to the television networks, and they got the stories they were looking for, without having to deliver anything in the actual hearing.

Kyle Drennen has the story at Newsbusters:

More "fairness"

Why exactly did protesters and senators ask Jeff Sessions peculiar questions?

Because they yield headlines such as this one.

C12ZuXEWEAEL7vA.jpg

Has Obama every denied KKK sympathies?

I want someone to run a headline "President Obama Does Not Deny KKK Sympathies."

Fellow senator Cory Booker breaks with tradition and testifies against Sessions, but this has absolutely nothing to do with an attempt to catapult himself into the celebrity ranks of the Democrat party.

Live:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/watch-live-sen-jeff-sessions-returns-day-2-confirmation-hearings/

Edited by Azalin