Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

Oh, they both love war. Great for business. No doubt about it. I was just saying what I wanted in a president. Trump and Obama were lucky enough not to have to vote in the Senate for/against the Iraq War as that post 9/11 hysteria and revenge was still very much on the public conscience. I hope Trump puts as few troops in harms way as possible over his term(s).

Ron Paul, Bernie, Patty Murray, and 124 other Ds were able to vote against it along with 123 other D's. Somehow they were able to avoid the "hysteria and revenge". Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ron Paul, Bernie, Patty Murray, and 124 other Ds were able to vote against it along with 123 other D's. Somehow they were able to avoid the "hysteria and revenge".

Agreed and it took guts at the time to vote against it.

Ron Paul, Bernie, Patty Murray, and 124 other Ds were able to vote against it along with 123 other D's. Somehow they were able to avoid the "hysteria and revenge".

and to think it was anything but political card games is foolish. For Bernie and Paul that's all it was

and to think it was anything but political card games is foolish. For Bernie and Paul that's all it was

I disagree as this had been Paul's line along for years and years to butt out before this. It was a very consistent vote.

I think political card games is why Hillary DID vote for it.

I think political card games is why Hillary DID vote for it.

Of course it was. Since 1992, at one time or another Hillary has taken every side of every issue. She doesn't have any deeply held beliefs other than in her own destiny. She's the ultimate political opportunist.

I'm not sure I get your math here. Are you combining senators and representatives?

speaking of asia, i get a kick out of talking about india and then when someone realizes india = asia

At least in Canada, it's "Asian" now to represent everyone no matter if their situation is China, India, Pakistan, Japan, Russia...

Where does this come from? The outgoing D Veep and candidate for prez both voted for the Iraq War which has resulted in death of 1,000,000+ brown people and thousands of Americans. Even if you believed the mushroom cloud nonsense, it was in NO way "absolutely necessary".

BO was elected and said he was going to end Iraq/Afganistan and close Guantanimo. 0 for 3 on that. Instead he fought wars in 7 different countries.

We entered Viet Nam and Korea under Democrat presidents. Clinton bombed the **** out if Iraq.

None of this has been "absolutely necessay."

D's love war just as much as Rs IMHO.

He was just being sarcastic.

NEW CIVILITY WATCH: Annual CNN host* Kathy Griffin Beheads Donald Trump in Shocking Photo Shoot.

(The photo is exactly what you think it is.)

Insert obligatory reminder that anyone on the right holding a representation of the severed head of Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton would be absolutely crushed by social media and the DNC-MSM, and find his or her career at an end.

Funny though, how what Michelle Malkin calls the left’s “assassination chic” is always given a pass — if not outright ignored — by the “objective” media when the president has an ® after his name.

Hey...........remember when the Left got a rodeo Clown fired ?.........................good times.

“After Obama-mocking rodeo clown, Missouri fair requires ‘sensitivity training.’”

That’s just from someone wearing the image of the 44th president. But we’ll see what sort of sensitivity CNN themselves will show this year. Will the network, which during the brief “new civility” pose by the left after the Tucson massacre in early 2011, saw newsreader John King flipping out on-air when a guest used the word “crosshairs,” and replying, “We’re trying to get away from using that kind of language,” allow Griffin to continue to co-host their annual New Year’s Eve train wreck with anchor Anderson Cooper?

(Rhetorical question)

He was just being sarcastic.

About what? I didn't say anything about Republicans being war mongers and he went on a rant I guess countering liberal propaganda that only Republicans are always eager to go to war just because of one administration.

About what? I didn't say anything about Republicans being war mongers and he went on a rant I guess countering liberal propaganda that only Republicans are always eager to go to war just because of one administration.

Right. You said on one Post you'd vote D no matter what. Then later you said you wanted a prez that wouldn't go to war except as a last resort (as do I). I (mistakenly evidently) connected that since you always vote D and that's what you want, that that's what you think they do. I just pointed out that history says otherwise.