Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

I see the democrats continue to misread 2016................

SALENA ZITO: Why Mudcat Matters:

If Mudcat Saunders were running things he would never have approached bringing his beloved Democratic Party together by uninviting one faction of the divided party.

“Well, that would not have been my tactics, if your party is divided, well how do you bring it together if you don’t invite all sides?” he asks, confounded by the decision.

But that is exactly what they did to
Saunders, a legendary Democratic operative
with a deep southern drawl, commanding presence and a fierce loyalty to his party, despite its sharp turn left, beginning along the fringes with Al Gore.

Saunders is the Democrats’ outspoken liaison between progressive candidates and rural voters to help them soften their message to longtime Democratic voters who still like God, guns and find themselves in a church pew every Sunday. He was unceremoniously uninvited to the very event that was supposed to bring rural and progressive Democrats together ahead of the governor’s race this year.

They don’t care that you’re a loyal Democrat, Mudcat. And they don’t want to reach out to people like you. They just hate people like you. If they had their way, there wouldn’t be any people like you.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Most Stunningly Detailed 2016 Election Map Was Just Released—Democrats Should Be Scared, Very Scared.

REMEMBER ?

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-9.13.24-AM-102

Ryne Rohla at Decision Desk HQ set out to model American voting patterns, not just on a national or state level, but by burrowing down to the most localized, nuanced metric available: local precincts.

Look at the differences in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania: (Maps at link)

The Most Stunningly Detailed 2016 Election Map Was Just Released—Democrats Should Be Scared, Very Scared.

REMEMBER ?

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-9.13.24-AM-102

Ryne Rohla at Decision Desk HQ set out to model American voting patterns, not just on a national or state level, but by burrowing down to the most localized, nuanced metric available: local precincts.

Look at the differences in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania: (Maps at link)

I suspect that 2016 map isn't an honest representation of Democratic support. That is: I wonder how that 2016 map looks if the Democrats don't run the single worst candidate of my lifetime...

I suspect that 2016 map isn't an honest representation of Democratic support. That is: I wonder how that 2016 map looks if the Democrats don't run the single worst candidate of my lifetime...

True that map was skewed by the Democrats running the worst Presidential candidate of your lifetime. But how much of that skew was offset by the Republicans running the second worst Presidential candidate of your lifetime?

• 2 weeks later...

Democrats give Republicans 'list of demands' to keep government running ..................... :lol:

House Dems are providing a list of demands Republicans must meet if they want votes to keep the government running http://politi.co/2pTyHK1

RICK MORAN: Sessions ‘Can’t Imagine’ Dems Shutting Down Government Over Border Wall Funding.

“Democrats may fume but Republicans have the votes.”

Elections have consequences, as the man once said.

True that map was skewed by the Democrats running the worst Presidential candidate of your lifetime. But how much of that skew was offset by the Republicans running the second worst Presidential candidate of your lifetime?

Some perspective, Hill and The Donald weren't the worst, not even top ten...

The two worst of my life were:

McGovern, that was total suicide for the Party, but they weren't winning anyway

Carter (the 2nd time), saddest thing ever devised by a US political party.

Some perspective, Hill and The Donald weren't the worst, not even top ten...

The two worst of my life were:

McGovern, that was total suicide for the Party, but they weren't winning anyway

Carter (the 2nd time), saddest thing ever devised by a US political party.

This would make for an interesting new thread with a poll. I'll put one together later today when I'm at a PC instead of a phone, unless someone wants to create it

Mondale from what I've seen was a thoroughly boring "It's My Turn" candidate

My turn candidates also included Dole, McCain and to an extent GHW Bush, even though he won. Dukakis was a bad candidate too.

To me, Hillary was at least among the worst because she brought a unique mix of "my turn", "plausible deniability, inevitably and criminality all in one package.

My turn candidates also included Dole, McCain and to an extent GHW Bush, even though he won. Dukakis was a bad candidate too.

To me, Hillary was at least among the worst because she brought a unique mix of "my turn", "plausible deniability, inevitably and criminality all in one package.

Hillary wasn't necessarily a bad candidate. She was viewed as a bad person. I also believe that a lot of voters didn't want her to polish off the Obama legacy of far left progressivism. The main factor that could be seen as making her a bad candidate was that she didn't put forth much campaigning effort because she perceived herself to be a shoo-in who had the loyal backing of her party and the media.

Hillary wasn't necessarily a bad candidate. She was viewed as a bad person. I also believe that a lot of voters didn't want her to polish off the Obama legacy of far left progressivism. The main factor that could be seen as making her a bad candidate was that she didn't put forth much campaigning effort because she perceived herself to be a shoo-in who had the loyal backing of her party and the media.

She called half the country "deplorable" and lost to a sweet potato.

She was a bad candidate.

Hiliary lost to the man who should have been worst Presidential candidate of the last century. The only thing that makes Trump a better candidate than McCain, Kerry, Gore, Dole, Dukakkis, Mondale, McGovern, Dewey, Stevenson, Wilkie, or any other major party losers whose name I can't recall is that Trump actually won his Presidential election

Hiliary lost to the man who should have been worst Presidential candidate of the last century. The only thing that makes Trump a better candidate than McCain, Kerry, Gore, Dole, Dukakkis, Mondale, McGovern, Dewey, Stevenson, Wilkie, or any other major party losers whose name I can't recall is that Trump actually won his Presidential election

Yes,

I actually thought about this while commuting home and I was going to edit my post. She lost to a buffoon who didn't have the backing of his party and may end up being the worst president yet. She's got to be at the top of the list.

She called half the country "deplorable" and lost to a sweet potato.

She was a bad candidate.

Yup. I think she said it once to a small gathering and got guffaws, and in her echo chamber world thought it would be a great idea to repeat the deplorables line.