Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

The democrat/liberal descent into irrelevance continues...................its funny that they (still) can't see it..............

CA Democrat leader waves middle fingers, leads 'F*ck Trump' chant at convention...

They're practically guaranteeing four more years of Trump, and they're too damned preoccupied with their own sense of self-righteous indignation to see it. :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're practically guaranteeing four more years of Trump, and they're too damned preoccupied with their own sense of self-righteous indignation to see it. :lol:

They're unhinged in CA. Recently Jerry Brown was here referring to right-leaning residents as "freeloaders" because we're against his next tax increase.

“The freeloaders — I’ve had enough of them,” Brown said, adding that the approved tax and fee hikes bring those charges to the level they were 30 years ago if adjusted for inflation. “They have a president that doesn’t tell the truth and they’re following suit.”

I’M OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER WHEN “IF YOU’RE NOT WITH US, YOU’RE AGAINST US,” WAS CONSIDERED WILDLY UNAMERICAN

Refusing To Allow Neutrality On Trump Will Not End Well:

“Are you now, or have you ever been, a supporter of Donald J. Trump?” It would be ominous if witnesses in congressional hearings had to endure this type of McCarthyite interrogation. But what do you call it when sportswriters demand that a professional athlete answer the same question?

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, for example, calls himself a “good friend” of the new president. Consequently, the football star faced journalists’ demands to “publicly disavow Trump’s actions,” as one USA Today columnist wrote. Brady, not wanting to detract from his team’s Super Bowl preparations, responded by claiming his “right to stay out of it.” But several commenters made clear that the court of public opinion honors neither the right to privacy nor one against self-incrimination. Not in the Age of Trump.

As in sports, so also in show business. Actress Nicole Kidman found it necessary to apologize for her anodyne post-election statement that “we as a country need to support whoever is president.” After he asked Trump the kind of superficial questions guests have faced for 62 years on NBC’s “Tonight Show,” critics denounced host Jimmy Fallon for aiding and abetting Trump’s election. “Now,” Slate warned, “even if celebrities [want] to opt out of the current moment, they can’t…. Doing nothing is doing something. Silence either signifies ‘I’m for Trump’ or ‘I’m for myself.’”

Say It Together: This Is How We Got Trump

Edited by B-Man

So... we are being led to believe the tide is turning against Republicans over Trump, and yet Republican Greg Gianforte wins a special election for a MT Congressional seat after being charged with assault, with all evidence being caught on camera.

Don't believe the narrative.

To be fair, lots of MT residents vote early, and you can't change those votes.

Also to be fair, that sniveling reporter probably deserved it. What a kitty, bitching about your glasses breaking instead of hitting back.

So... we are being led to believe the tide is turning against Republicans over Trump, and yet Republican Greg Gianforte wins a special election for a MT Congressional seat after being charged with assault, with all evidence being caught on camera.

Based on the description in the article, that was a choke slam, not a body slam.

Many of the votes cast for him were cast before this hit the news. And a lot of people who voted for him early actually returned to the polls to try to change their votes. Which is hilarious,

Many of the votes cast for him were cast before this hit the news. And a lot of people who voted for him early actually returned to the polls to try to change their votes. Which is hilarious,

Almost as hilarious as people trying to get back into the Ralph during The Comeback. :bag:

Or this?

Edited by Chef Jim

I would have gone back to the polls to see if I could vote for him again if I heard he assaulted a reporter.

No no no. Stay with the narrative.

Republicans win insignificant race for gerrymandered seat in the middle of West Bum!@#$ Nowhere

I would have gone back to the polls to see if I could vote for him again if I heard he assaulted a reporter.

I'm a Democrat so if a a Democrat candidate did the same thing to a reporter I wouldn't of changed my vote. I would of rationalized it as the greater good of the country and maintaining a seat in the house is more important than some guy losing his cool with a reporter. I'm a lifelong Democrat who is worried more about the direction and leadership of this party more than ever. Taking back the House in at the midterms is wishful thinking. I'm hoping we have somebody waiting in the wings with the charisma of an Obama or a Bill Clinton in 2020 and I hope Trump doesn't resign or get impeached before then.

I'm a Democrat so if a a Democrat candidate did the same thing to a reporter I wouldn't of changed my vote. I would of rationalized it as the greater good of the country and maintaining a seat in the house is more important than some guy losing his cool with a reporter. I'm a lifelong Democrat who is worried more about the direction and leadership of this party more than ever. Taking back the House in at the midterms is wishful thinking. I'm hoping we have somebody waiting in the wings with the charisma of an Obama or a Bill Clinton in 2020 and I hope Trump doesn't resign or get impeached before then.

This is why your party is so bankrupt. It is filled with people more concerned with the success of their party than what is good for the country. The fact that your most desired character trait for a president is "charisma" is quite telling. Obama was the epitome of all hat and no cattle, and that is your standard? This is sad. Very sad.

This is why your party is so bankrupt. It is filled with people more concerned with the success of their party than what is good for the country. The fact that your most desired character trait for a president is "charisma" is quite telling. Obama was the epitome of all hat and no cattle, and that is your standard? This is sad. Very sad.

Oh yeah. Republicans care deeply about this country and would never put party 1st. :rolleyes: I can still remember the Michigan Trump rallies of "Let's slash Medicaid and give tax breaks to the rich and big businesses to further accelerate income inequality in the name of freedom."

Bernie Sanders (who continues to poll as the most popular politician in America by a wide margin) would of easily won the election because he ran on a platform that wasn't just Trump is horrible. Even that strategy still managed to win the popular vote. The Democratic Party needs a progressive platform that goes farther to the left or they will continue to lose. Just like the Republicans did in '09 with the Tea Party pushing the party farther to the right. Or they can continue to cry about Russia, Comey, sexism, bigotry, racism, etc... and continue to lose. Their choice.