Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

Oh yeah. Republicans care deeply about this country and would never put party 1st. :rolleyes: I can still remember the Michigan Trump rallies of "Let's slash Medicaid and give tax breaks to the rich and big businesses to further accelerate income inequality in the name of freedom."

Bernie Sanders (who continues to poll as the most popular politician in America by a wide margin) would of easily won the election because he ran on a platform that wasn't just Trump is horrible. Even that strategy still managed to win the popular vote. The Democratic Party needs a progressive platform that goes farther to the left or they will continue to lose. Just like the Republicans did in '09 with the Tea Party pushing the party farther to the right. Or they can continue to cry about Russia, Comey, sexism, bigotry, racism, etc... and continue to lose. Their choice.

Can you post a link to the part that is in bold? Furthermore, you didn't come close to rebutting my post or explaining why "charisma" is so important to you.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah. Republicans care deeply about this country and would never put party 1st. :rolleyes:

I can still remember the Michigan Trump rallies of "Let's slash Medicaid and give tax breaks to the rich and big businesses to further accelerate income inequality in the name of freedom." .

Yep, thats exactly what those rallies were about,

Thats why Trump carried the people of Michigan alright

Talk about "stupid election backlash"

Can you post a link to the part that is in bold? Furthermore, you didn't come close to rebutting my post or explaining why "charisma" is so important to you.

The bold was sarcastic and charisma wins you elections. Would it be nice to have somebody who wasn't a cooperate democrat already bought and paid for win the general? Yes. However, if you give me the choice between Hillary (a horrible candidate) and any Republican, I will take Hillary any day of the week.

The bold was sarcastic...

The left's propensity to lie about stuff, only to follow it with "that was sarcastic" or "I was just joking," is why your party is left with Detroit and Macungie.

You remain hypocritical on virtually every topic that is important to you, mostly because your logic beats you into a corner, and the only response you have to the right starts with a lie and ends with either "that was sarcastic" or "I was just joking."

Remind us again how many millions of people the GOP has sentenced to death with their health care bill? Oh, wait. Let me guess. Sarcasm.

The bold was sarcastic and charisma wins you elections. Would it be nice to have somebody who wasn't a cooperate democrat already bought and paid for win the general? Yes. However, if you give me the choice between Hillary (a horrible candidate) and any Republican, I will take Hillary any day of the week.

Horseshit! You can't post something here, put quotation marks around it and then when confronted about it claim it was sarcasm. It makes you look wimpy. Either learn to actually do sarcasm well enough for people to know that it is sarcasm, or use emoticons. Aren't there some other qualities that you would prefer a president to have than "charisma"?

Horseshit! You can't post something here, put quotation marks around it and then when confronted about it claim it was sarcasm. It makes you look wimpy. Either learn to actually do sarcasm well enough for people to know that it is sarcasm, or use emoticons. Aren't there some other qualities that you would prefer a president to have than "charisma"?

The left's propensity to lie about stuff, only to follow it with "that was sarcastic" or "I was just joking," is why your party is left with Detroit and Macungie.

You remain hypocritical on virtually every topic that is important to you, mostly because your logic beats you into a corner, and the only response you have to the right starts with a lie and ends with either "that was sarcastic" or "I was just joking."

Remind us again how many millions of people the GOP has sentenced to death with their health care bill? Oh, wait. Let me guess. Sarcasm.

Never said that as that's just democratic rhetoric to paint the GOP as evil. What I do have a problem with is a president saying he wouldn't cut medicaid on the campaign trail and then proposes a budget and endorses a proposed health care bill that will cause millions to lose medicaid. I also have a problem with people like Kevin McCarthy and Tom Price saying people aren't going to lose Medicaid under their plan. Also, do you seriously think their would be a crowd chant at a Trump rally of giving tax breaks to the rich?

Never said that as that's just democratic rhetoric to paint the GOP as evil. What I do have a problem with is a president saying he wouldn't cut medicaid on the campaign trail and then proposes a budget and endorses a proposed health care bill that will cause millions to lose medicaid. I also have a problem with people like Kevin McCarthy and Tom Price saying people aren't going to lose Medicaid under their plan. Also, do you seriously think their would be a crowd chant at a Trump rally of giving tax breaks to the rich?

As I said. Answer the following. Horseshit! You can't post something here, put quotation marks around it and then when confronted about it claim it was sarcasm. It makes you look wimpy. Either learn to actually do sarcasm well enough for people to know that it is sarcasm, or use emoticons. Aren't there some other qualities that you would prefer a president to have than "charisma"?

On the campaign trail, President Donald Trump promised “[i am] not going to cut social security like every other Republican, and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”

But if his first budget were to be enacted, Trump would already break his promise not to cut Medicaid or social security. And an overlooked part of his budget proposal— gutting the Highway Trust Fund— means that his budget will lead to a reduction in infrastructure investment.

Medicare spending was spared direct cuts in this budget, but it is hard to see how it’s spared in the long-run if these other cuts and the Trump tax cut come to pass.

While the budget’s cuts that target low-income households have been widely reported on, some have claimed that Trump’s budget spares older households. But this is not the case, and looking at his broken promises shows how.

Medicaid is the most obvious broken promise, with the administration’s budget slashing Medicaid effectively in half by 2026, with cuts getting larger thereafter. These cuts will deeply damage older households.

For instance, there are nearly 10 million low-income seniors and people with disabilities that are “dual eligible” and enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid. Medicaid provides these older and disabled households with supplemental coverage which helps to fill in the gaps in Medicare’s coverage.

Trump’s budget cuts up to $64 billion over a decade from the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program that protects these families. There is no such thing as “core” Social Security that does not include the disability program. The Trump budget cuts Social Security, period. And this will harm older Americans; three-fourths of SSDI beneficiaries are over 50.

Edited by ALF

The Obama failure to grow the economy resulted in many people milking the system by taking 99 weeks of unemployment benefits and then, when there were still no jobs, they did whatever they could do to get classified by their doctors as "disabled" so they would qualify for SSDI benefits. Obama's legacy is millions more people are now wards of the state.

The Obama failure to grow the economy resulted in many people milking the system by taking 99 weeks of unemployment benefits and then, when there were still no jobs, they did whatever they could do to get classified by their doctors as "disabled" so they would qualify for SSDI benefits. Obama's legacy is millions more people are now wards of the state.

And will vote solidly Democrat to keep their free money flowing.

Forward!

Best excuse I heard about the Democrats losing the Montana seat:

gerrymandering :lol:

Damn Republicans messing with state borders. Small government, my foot!

As I said. Answer the following. Horseshit! You can't post something here, put quotation marks around it and then when confronted about it claim it was sarcasm. It makes you look wimpy. Either learn to actually do sarcasm well enough for people to know that it is sarcasm, or use emoticons. Aren't there some other qualities that you would prefer a president to have than "charisma"?

I'm sorry. I'll add sarcasm in parenthesis next time. Jesus. Of course I want a president who actually has the courage to stand up for his/her convictions and has a platform I can get behind. Other than that I'm a typical democrat who hopes to have a president who pushes for single payer so people aren't sweating bullets waiting to see what Congress will do, avoid war unless absolutely necessary and not increase our military budget, pro union, give money to public and not charter or private schools, higher taxes for the wealthy and big businesses, reinstate Dodd-Frank in its full form and undo any changes Trump made to deregulate wall street to hopefully avoid a potential crash (like in '08), at least attempt in some way to break up the big banks, and work in the best interest of the people and not your donors. That last one is a pipe dream I know.

However, free college, a federally mandated $15 minimum wage, and paid family leave is ridiculous imo. I like what Trump's done with beefing up border security, getting rid of some of the environmental regulations, and his proposed immigration ban that will eventually get through. That's about it. You can have a great platform, but if you don't have the charisma to sell it you won't win the nominee or the presidency.

I'm sorry. I'll add sarcasm in parenthesis next time. Jesus. Of course I want a president who actually has the courage to stand up for his/her convictions and has a platform I can get behind. Other than that I'm a typical democrat who hopes to have a president who pushes for single payer so people aren't sweating bullets waiting to see what Congress will do, avoid war unless absolutely necessary and not increase our military budget, pro union, give money to public and not charter or private schools, higher taxes for the wealthy and big businesses, reinstate Dodd-Frank in its full form and undo any changes Trump made to deregulate wall street to hopefully avoid a potential crash (like in '08), at least attempt in some way to break up the big banks, and work in the best interest of the people and not your donors. That last one is a pipe dream I know.

However, free college, a federally mandated $15 minimum wage, and paid family leave is ridiculous imo. I like what Trump's done with beefing up border security, getting rid of some of the environmental regulations, and his proposed immigration ban that will eventually get through. That's about it. You can have a great platform, but if you don't have the charisma to sell it you won't win the nominee or the presidency.

Where does this come from? The outgoing D Veep and candidate for prez both voted for the Iraq War which has resulted in death of 1,000,000+ brown people and thousands of Americans. Even if you believed the mushroom cloud nonsense, it was in NO way "absolutely necessary".

BO was elected and said he was going to end Iraq/Afganistan and close Guantanimo. 0 for 3 on that. Instead he fought wars in 7 different countries.

We entered Viet Nam and Korea under Democrat presidents. Clinton bombed the $hit out if Iraq.

None of this has been "absolutely necessay."

D's love war just as much as Rs IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

Where does this come from? The outgoing D Veep and candidate for prez both voted for the Iraq War which has resulted in death of 1,000,000+ brown people and thousands of Americans. Even if you believed the mushroom cloud nonsense, it was in NO way "absolutely necessary".

BO was elected and said he was going to end Iraq/Afganistan and close Guantanimo. 0 for 3 on that. Instead he fought wars in 7 different countries.

We entered Viet Nam and Korea under Democrat presidents. Clinton bombed the **** out if Iraq.

None of this has been "absolutely necessay."

D's love war just as much as Rs IMHO.

Oh, they both love war. Great for business. No doubt about it. I was just saying what I wanted in a president. Trump and Obama were lucky enough not to have to vote in the Senate for/against the Iraq War as that post 9/11 hysteria and revenge was still very much on the public conscience. I hope Trump puts as few troops in harms way as possible over his term(s).